Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Really Big Mace TM (A sword modification)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
IP: Logged

File: Really Big Mace.rar (3.9 KB)
Downloaded 67 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Really Big Mace TM (+3)  
Usage : Copy the "Data" folder inside the rar file to your TCB/JTRH folder.

Beethro will now wield a mace. It only affects the normal Sword. If you want to use it with other roles, you have the permission to copy-paste it into the role's tileset.

06-08-2008 at 12:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eb0ny
Rank Points: 484
icon Re: Really Big Mace TM (0)  
Just a suggestion: add a backup saber.png with Beethro's original sword, in case a player wants to rollback changes. Or, add a big "MAKE BACKUPS PLZ" type notice.

06-08-2008 at 02:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
vittro
Rank Points: 479
icon Re: Really Big Mace TM (+1)  
eb0ny wrote:
Just a suggestion: add a backup saber.png with Beethro's original sword, in case a player wants to rollback changes. Or, add a big "MAKE BACKUPS PLZ" type notice.

To rollback changes just delete saber.png and saber.tim.
If that doesn't work, delete ";saber" from drod.ini.

You don't have to backup anything.

06-08-2008 at 02:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Beef Row
Rank Points: 471
vittro wrote:
eb0ny wrote:

To rollback changes just delete saber.png and saber.tim.
If that doesn't work, delete ";saber" from drod.ini.

You don't have to backup anything.

You also CAN'T backup the original sword anyway, because that would violate the copyright on DROD media files.

EDIT: As part of the downloadable (shared) package. Personal backup is fine. I thought the context made that clear, sorry.

[Last edited by Beef Row at 06-10-2008 05:11 AM]
06-09-2008 at 11:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Really Big Mace TM (+1)  
Beef Row wrote:
You also CAN'T backup the original sword anyway, because that would violate the copyright on DROD media files.
Now that's just going overboard.

You CAN create a backup of the original sword (which probably would entail extracting the file from the metakit database that holds it's graphics), but you can't share it.

But since you can't easily modify the original file anyway (except for overriding it by providing your own sword graphics file, which is easily undone by simply deleting it) the point is rather moot...

06-09-2008 at 12:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Beef Row
Rank Points: 471
Briareos wrote:
Beef Row wrote:
Now that's just going overboard.

You CAN create a backup of the original sword (which probably would entail extracting the file from the metakit database that holds it's graphics), but you can't share it.

Oops, I guess I was unclear. I meant this in the context of the suggestion to create a copy to package WITH the mace image. Of course you can create your own personal backup, I was specifically responding to ebony's suggestion and never realize it would look like I was saying you couldn't ever do it. Sorry for the confusion, that was meant as a warning spefically to vittro.

06-10-2008 at 05:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : Really Big Mace TM (A sword modification)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com