Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Another show
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Pneh
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 154
IP: Logged
icon Another show (+1)  
Some of you have already read about the annual shows my school sets up. In the first I was in I did very little. I had one line right at the beginning, and one little dance at the very end. It wasn't much, but it was still pretty fun to do.
The year after that I did much more in the show. I was elected to be the master of ceremonies with 3 others (including Rheb). But we didn't just want to do a dry presentation, so we dressed up as George Frideric Handel, Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Johann Sebastian Bach. And to make a big entrance, we made a movie in wich we kidnapped the original masters of ceremonies. In the movie we even rode on childrens tricycles to get to the stage. But we stopped to buy candy, play minigolf, pat cows and to fall on a crossing and then being dragged away by cops. Real cops by the way. It was quite awkward riding a tricycle with that outfit, but it was too fun not to do. The movie really worked up the audience, so when we ran up to that stage, everyone was cheering and applauding. We really got an adrenaline-kick by that. I also danced locking and street in that show. One of the dance teachers had won a national streetdance competition, and the other one came second in the scandinavian locking competition. They are about the best teachers you can get.
So anyway, this year the school did a musical, West Side Story. This show separates from the others we have done because this is not just a big mixture of songs and performances. Another new thing for this year was that they held auditions for the roles. The auditions were held shortly before cristmas. Everyone got to chose if they wanted to sing or dance or do both in the audition. I did both in my audition. I used the same song and choreography as I had learned in the last show. The audition was a complete success for me. I might not be a good singer, but I sang as good as I could, and the dance just went super. The principal liked the dance so much that she offered me to do it on another small show. Obviously I said yes. So there I was danced on the stage. Yea, I am good enough to dance in front of people! That was very fun to do.
A few weeks after the auditions had been done, we got our roles. I didn't really get a leading part, but I had solo dance and solo song.
”Weee!!” I thought to myself. ”Yay!”
I got the role as A-rab, with 50 lines to say.
”Oh golly!” I thought. ”How am I going to remember those?”
A-rab is described in the script as an ”explosive hunting-polecat”. *Insert joke here*
The rehearsal began and the première was closing in more and more. And then, three days before the première, I woke up in the night and threw up. The only sickness I ever had was colds and fever. And now I threw up the first time in 3 years. I had gotten some kind of stomach-infection.
”Oh golly!”
I had to stay at home, trying to get better, feeding on potatoes, because that was about the only thing I could eat without throwing up. But in some miraculous fashion I got well enough to play in the première. But I missed all of the dress rehearsals. We had rehearsed a million of times, but not as a complete play, but the scenes and songs seperatly. So I already knew everything exept how it fits together. And we had trained the songs from a CD during the rehearsals, so it got quite confusing playing to live music. And with the orchestras notes, the timing wich I should sing with got a little changed. I didn't realise that until I stood on stage with audience in front of me. I hadn't used the prop-blood until the audience were there, but everything ran perfectly smooth.
Everyone I know is now very impressed over my performance and everyone is praising me. This show was by far much better than all of the other shows we did. I accually feel sorry for everone who hasn't been on such a show, it is really an amazing experience.

And after the show we did like we always do, carrying our dramaclass-teacher out to the pond and trowing her into it, as a thanks for the magnificent experience.

06-04-2008 at 11:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Pneh
icon Re: Another show (0)  
Anyone? No one?

Oh well.

06-07-2008 at 10:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Snacko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 448
I remember my first role, it was the Rabbi in Fiddler on the Roof. I had the absolute best cues ever:
"Rabbi, is there a blessing for the Czar?"
"Well Rabbi?"
"Rabbi! Is there a blessing for a sewing machine?"
"Rabbi, we've been waiting for the messiah our whole lives! Wouldn't now be a good time for him to come?"
And my personal favorite:
"Rabbi, say something!"

06-12-2008 at 06:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
Heh, I would kill for some cues as easy as those. I also would kill for a part in Fiddler on the Roof. Tevye is one of my dream roles.
06-12-2008 at 06:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pneh
Ezlo wrote:
Heh, I would kill for some cues as easy as those. I also would kill for a part in Fiddler on the Roof. Tevye is one of my dream roles.
Killing is bad.

06-12-2008 at 07:28 PM
Timo006
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 518
Pneh wrote:
Ezlo wrote:
Killing is bad.
I agree with you, but that's not what Ezlo means. As far as I know, using "I would kill for..." in that sort of sentence has the same meaning as "I would do anything for...".

06-12-2008 at 07:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pneh
icon Re: Another show (+1)  
Timo006 wrote:
Pneh wrote:
Ezlo wrote:
Killing is bad.
I agree with you, but that's not what Ezlo means. As far as I know, using "I would kill for..." in that sort of sentence has the same meaning as "I would do anything for...".
Yes, but then "killing" in included in "anything". :P

06-12-2008 at 08:52 PM
Snacko
Yes, in many ways "anything" is worse than "killing".

06-13-2008 at 01:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Garlonuss
Rank Points: 275
icon Re: Another show (+1)  
Snacko wrote:
Yes, in many ways "anything" is worse than "killing".

And that's why I always make it clear that I am only willing to kill for something. "Anything" is just too broad. They might ask me to ... *shudder* ... watch that Dungeons and Dragons movie again. And there's no way I'll get roped into that.

Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Garlonuss at 06-13-2008 11:19 PM]
06-13-2008 at 09:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Snacko
This may be off this digression, but we were talking about Fiddler on the Roof a bit earlier.

06-21-2008 at 12:14 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Another show
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com