Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : I Own a Time Machine (Our news for March/April/May)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
IP: Logged
icon I Own a Time Machine (+4)  
I Own a Time Machine

The Caravel headquarters has many things stored in its basement. There are vaults housing all manner of documental archives, blueprints, and devices. One of these devices is a fickle time machine. This week, I was able to activate it and go back in time -- about two months, that is. However, there's a catch. I can't physically go back in time. My conscious mind is sent back, and while there, I am only able to perceive events that were somehow connected to the workings of Caravel itself.

This is what I saw...
Click here to view the secret text

...As you can see, there are all kinds of things that happened in the past. It is safe to say that the past is simply full of history. If this flood of information hasn't overwhelmed you, then it's high time to talk about the present:

Gone gold

DROD: The City Beneath version 3.2 is at last going to press. Everyone who participated in TCB development will get what's coming to 'em, and for people who already purchased the game, you'll soon have the option of ordering yourself a physical copy of the game on CD for reduced additional cost. There will be some unexpected little goodies in there too. For fans who already have TCB, you may get the 3.2 patch here.

May Contest – Mini Contests

For this month's contest, things are a little different. Instead of having one big contest, you get to make, and participate in, lots of little mini contests, with real rewards being offered for both. As of this post there is already a puzzle race, a debating contest, a storytelling competition, a contest based on sheep, a contest set to make impossible rooms among other architecture challenges plus more. Join the Fun!

Topic Picks

The Fourth Annual People's Choice Awards
The results are in! Come see what players judged excellent this year.
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=20470

The Infohut
Got questions? "Ask the Infohut."
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=20391

Limericks
Read the amusing entries (and non-entries) to this unofficial contest.
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=20440

Gimmicks
A discussion of the role and types of innovation in gaming today.
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=20839

The Grind
A discussion about a common feature of RPGs - whether it is or can be good, whether it is necessary, and what exactly defines it. Of particular interest now that RPG holds are being published.
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=20317

Strange Songs
What's the weirdest song you've ever heard?
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=20697

A Look into the Future...

And now it's time for Caravel to focus its lumbering might on upcoming titles. Puzzles for Frogs and Mice and DROD RPG have been completed, and story and artwork is getting done. The newest just-for-fun addition to the DROD RPG game engine is the ability to script certain game sound and graphical effects to fire off at any time, like particle effects and explosions. Also, we have two great candidate holds approved for upcoming Smitemaster's Selections.

I think it's also safe to say that the future will be simply full of history.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 05-10-2008 04:47 AM]
05-10-2008 at 04:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: I Own a Time Machine (0)  
mrimer wrote:
And now it's time for Caravel to focus its lumbering might on upcoming titles. Puzzles for Frogs and Mice and DROD RPG have been completed, and story and artwork is getting done.
So you other guys locked Erik into his basement to avoid any distraction, right?

Right?

np: Aesop Rock - Citronella (None Shall Pass)

[Last edited by Briareos at 05-10-2008 05:21 PM]
05-10-2008 at 11:02 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The spitemaster
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 354
No, they are using Erik to run the time machine. (One piece of him at a time...)

I wish that man would stay away
05-10-2008 at 04:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eb0ny
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 484
No, they force Erik to workout the bicycle generator to run the time machine.

05-10-2008 at 06:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Illumination : I Own a Time Machine (Our news for March/April/May)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com