Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Link from the imported holds screen to the holds topic on that hold.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
IP: Logged
icon Link from the imported holds screen to the holds topic on that hold. (0)  
I just thought that if the install screen (where you can rate holds) also had a link to the hold's topic, it would be rather convenient. Especially considering that the rating system isn't working within DROD yet.
05-06-2008 at 01:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 371
icon Re: Link from the imported holds screen to the holds topic on that hold. (0)  
NiroZ wrote:
I just thought that if the install screen (where you can rate holds) also had a link to the hold's topic, it would be rather convenient. Especially considering that the rating system isn't working within DROD yet.

Good idea! :thumbsup

Best quote ever (TSS ending spoiler):
Click here to view the secret text

05-06-2008 at 05:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Link from the imported holds screen to the holds topic on that hold. (0)  
NiroZ wrote:
The rating system should be working in DROD. It's been online since TCB was released (excepting a few possible glitches in the past).

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-06-2008 at 05:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1308
It has never worked for me; it has always merely given a "This hold cannot be found on CaravelNet" error.
05-06-2008 at 08:57 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Link from the imported holds screen to the holds topic on that hold. (+2)  
I can't reproduce any problems with this - I just tried it on a few holds, both rating for the first time and re-rating. I'll try to add some logging of errors so I can figure out what's going on.

EDIT: Found the problem, I imagine Mike will fix it before 3.2 comes out.

[Last edited by Schik at 05-06-2008 09:32 PM]
05-06-2008 at 09:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Link from the imported holds screen to the holds topic on that hold. (+2)  
Schik wrote:
EDIT: Found the problem, I imagine Mike will fix it before 3.2 comes out.
Matt told me the problem. Thanks! I've fixed it in build 81.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-06-2008 at 09:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Link from the imported holds screen to the holds topic on that hold.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com