Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Surplus Materials (May Mini-contest)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
IP: Logged
icon Surplus Materials (0)  
Okay Architect trainees, listen up! The DAA's stockpile of usable monsters has increased to almost unmanageable amounts, so today we're going to decrease it by as much as possible! I want you to create a room using as many monsters as you can cram in there, but don't forget to follow DAA standards and make the room as interesting and fun as possible. Now get out there and build BUILD BUILD!!

RULES

1. Up to two entries per person.
2. One room per entry.
3. The goal is to create a room with as many monsters as possible while still having the room remain fun and interesting.
4. Only monsters that exist at the start of the room count, no spawning an infinite amount of roaches to boost your score.
5. Snakes count as one monster per tile they take up, tar mothers count as one monster per eye, rock giants count as four monsters.
6. Stalwarts do not count as monsters, and neither do fegundos.

Submissions

Entrants must post their hold in this thread and must tell me how many monsters are in thier entry according to the specifications in the rules. They must also follow up with a post containing a demo for the room just in case they create a room that I can't solve.

The Deadline for this contest is in negative 827 weeks, 2 days

SCORING
I will judge each hold on it's architectural benefits on a one to ten scale. The three rooms with the most monsters in it will receive a 2 point bonus. Yes, that does mean you can get a maximum of 12 points.

Prizes
1st Place: 5 points
2nd Place: 3 points
3rd Place: 2 points
All the lower places until I run out of mod points: 1 point

Have fun!

[Last edited by Ezlo at 05-03-2008 03:11 PM]
05-02-2008 at 12:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
icon Re: Surplus Materials (0)  
How do you win? Simply by having the most monsters?
05-02-2008 at 03:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Good point, I added some scoring information.
05-03-2008 at 03:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
Do wubbas count as monsters?
05-04-2008 at 12:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Yes.
05-04-2008 at 11:27 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Surplus Materials (May Mini-contest)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com