Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Whew... Back
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged
icon Whew... Back (0)  
Hi all,

Well, I'm back from Australia - had a great, relaxing vacation, and saw my grandmother and cousins and my cousin's adorable children. And now I'm back to work, and I also have to catch up with everything that happened in these forums - way too many new holds came out while I was away...

01-13-2004 at 04:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Whew... Back (0)  
YAY! :yay

I was just going to post today in your leaving thread about how we wanted you back, and then you come back! Welcome back! Yay again!

<ahem>

Yeah, good to see you, man. <offers hand for shaking>

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-13-2004 at 04:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Thanks - good to be back!

01-13-2004 at 04:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
Welcome back!

eytanz wrote: Well, I'm back from Australia - had a great, relaxing vacation, and saw my grandmother and cousins and my cousin's adorable children.

Any details? ;)

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-13-2004 at 07:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
See the fireworks?

Get caught by any drop bears?

Matt

01-13-2004 at 07:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
Feed any crocodiles while holding little babies?

01-13-2004 at 07:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Well, I did see the fireworks - from the roof of my grandmother's house, which (for those who know Sydney) is in Edgecliff facing the harbor and we could see two and a half of the four loci of fireworks, as well as the bridge (they had four simultanerous sets of identical fireworks going on so that people from different parts of the city could see them). It was impressive, but I was still a bit jetlagged so I went to sleep immediately when they were over.

I spent most of my time wandering around downtown Sydney, eating seafood (which is far cheaper and much much better in Sydney than in New York), reading, and shopping for books. I didn't do any real touristy things this time round, I wasn't in the mood. I did see the Australian version of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged), which I've seen before (in the American version), and was a huge amount of fun. I also spent some days at my family's beach house at Macmasters, which was relaxing but uneventful.

Basically, no exciting adventures - just a calm time with family I don't see often, away from my work.

I did want to borrow my cousin's newborn to help me feed a crocodile, but couldn't find the time.

[Edited by eytanz on 01-13-2004 at 08:04 PM GMT]

01-13-2004 at 08:04 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
I love the headlines from that incident. In New York:

"Steve Irwen - Australian for stupid"

In Wollongong, Australia:

"Americans finally realise that Steve Irwen actually is an idiot"

Glad you enjoyed yourself, or at least saw Sydney. I've always considered downtown Sydney as being outside Central Station, although to be fair it's probably on the other side of Chinatown, where the cinemas and endless restaurants are. And Circular Quay and the Rocks and the harbour and oh heck I'm wrong, aren't I.

Matt

01-14-2004 at 12:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Remember how Steve Irwin was saying how he felt it was important to teach his children at a young age about wildlife and such? Lewis Black, on The Daily Show, made a very amusing point:

"He's not teaching his son anything! What he's doing is teaching the crocodile to associate babies with feeding time!"

01-14-2004 at 03:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Whew... Back
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com