Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : "Explored but Unconquered Holds" statistics
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Diggerydo
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
IP: Logged
icon "Explored but Unconquered Holds" statistics (0)  
As of March 2008,I have finished both JtRH and The City Beneath, yet my stats do not reflect that. I have continually uploaded my progress, so I do not know what else needs to be done to reflect that both games have been completed. JtRH shows 74% explored/73% conquered and The City Beneath shows 90% explored/89% conquered. At one point I upgraded to the new patch in TCB, and about 1/4 of the way into JtRH, I had to download and upgrade because initially I did not have an "Upload" button. Would either of these have kept my progress from recording? Thanks for any assistance.
04-02-2008 at 12:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: "Explored but Unconquered Holds" statistics (0)  
You may not have found all secret rooms. If you have, then there's a problem. If you're thinking "secret rooms?" then I'm probably correct in my assessment.

04-02-2008 at 01:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Diggerydo
Thanks for your reply. I guess my next question is, if you don't find all the secret rooms is the game not considered completed? I thought that the secret rooms were optional, therefore they would not count in regard to showing that you have finished the game.
04-02-2008 at 02:18 AM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
If you weren't online when you originally finished the holds, that is most likely the reason why the holds aren't registered as conquered.

To fix this, make sure you are logged on, then restore to the final rooms in each hold and go down the stairs.
04-02-2008 at 02:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
You need to conquer some highscorable rooms to get them marked 'explored'. Not sure if RPG has any scorable rooms (too lazy to check). Deja Vu definitely doesn't. It'ls a little annoying. :/

[Last edited by Rabscuttle at 04-02-2008 04:20 AM]
04-02-2008 at 04:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
Val Unrich definitely does.

[Last edited by Someone Else at 04-02-2008 04:22 AM]
04-02-2008 at 04:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
icon Re: "Explored but Unconquered Holds" statistics (+1)  
Diggerydo wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I guess my next question is, if you don't find all the secret rooms is the game not considered completed? I thought that the secret rooms were optional, therefore they would not count in regard to showing that you have finished the game.
The game is considered completed (conquered) if you've gotten to the end.

It's considered to be Mastered if you've gotten to the end *and* done all the secret rooms. This is semi-important in some cases. Many holds include a Master Wall, which can only be passed if you've mastered the hold, there's frequently bonus content behind there. JtRH and TCB are examples of this.

Also, if you look at the hold editor, you'll see that there's four classes of editability. Some architects let anyone edit their hold, some only open it to those who've conquered the hold. And some only open it to those who've mastered the hold. And some don't let it open to anyone.

So to sum up, no, the secret rooms are not required to complete a hold. But if you *do* complete them, there's often bonus optional content to access.

04-02-2008 at 03:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
I believe Jason marked those rooms unscorable after the first people had already been through. When the spider is working properly again, those scores will be removed.

Currently (for the past 5 months) the spider has had big problems. One of the problems is that it does not handle mass-uploaded scores correctly. We do not know when it will be fixed.
04-02-2008 at 06:45 PM
Diggerydo
Thanks to all who provided answers. I think I now understand, via calamarin, how the scoring works. And if I correcty understand what Rabscuttle said, I will need to go online...restore to the last room in both games, and complete them online. I really appreciate the information.
04-03-2008 at 03:42 AM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
Currently (for the past 5 months) the spider has had big problems. One of the problems is that it does not handle mass-uploaded scores correctly. We do not know when it will be fixed.
I didn't see this post earlier... as far as I know, the spider hasn't had problems with newly mass-uploaded scores in several months. It's just fixing the old errors (which is almost done) that has taken so long. If anyone believes differently, please let me know.

04-07-2008 at 09:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the following problems are still occurring (just now did a mass upload to test):
* All uploaded demos were given a ranking of -1
* The spider did not throw out duplicates (if two demos were uploaded for the same room, I got a highscore for each)
* The spider did not reject demos that were not victory demos (if a victory demo created during testing changed to a work left undone demo, I still got a highscore for it)
04-07-2008 at 09:58 PM
Schik
Erm. Yeah, I guess my definition of working is more lenient than yours. The -1 rankings are because it's currently not TRYING to fix the rankings. I reassigned a lot of demos to the correct people yesterday, and will attempt to finish the rest of them soon. Once that's done, the re-ranking will commence. Re-ranking while demos have the wrong owners could result in lost scores.

04-08-2008 at 01:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
JoMax
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 65
Schik wrote:
<snip> I reassigned a lot of demos to the correct people yesterday, and will attempt to finish the rest of them soon. ...

Is this what is causing the incorrect Author/Player pairs I've noticed in last couple of days?

Specific example: KDD 2.0 Fifth Level: 1S. There are demos by Syntax (JoMax) and JoMax (Vipul). (In fact they are all wrong for this room)
04-08-2008 at 05:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
It looks like mass-uploaded demos no longer get ranked -1. :)

But they all still get a score of only 1 point, even if their ranking merits more than that. Clicking on the spider icon next to incorrectly scored demos fixes the incorrect score.
04-12-2008 at 08:49 AM
Schik
icon Re: "Explored but Unconquered Holds" statistics (+2)  
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
But they all still get a score of only 1 point, even if their ranking merits more than that. Clicking on the spider icon next to incorrectly scored demos fixes the incorrect score.
Whoops! Bug fixed. Thanks!

[Last edited by DROD.net Tester at 05-02-2008 08:36 PM]
04-12-2008 at 05:43 PM
akakij_akakijewitsch
New user, similar problem. I hope it's alright to post here - I already searched the forum but didn't find a solution.
A while ago I finished and mastered both KDD2.0 and The Choice (visited and conquered all secret rooms and both holds are marked in-game with 100%). Today I uploaded all my scores for the first time. While the other hold I completed (Witherwood Castle) is correctly shown as "conquered", KDD and The Choice are not. The former says 78% explored/ 78% conquered, the latter doesn't even show up. I already tried re-descending the final stairs while being connected to caravelnet.
I don't know if these problems are connected, but maybe this has something to do with the purchase tab on my profile page saying I do not have purchased King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 and The Choice, if, in fact, I did (bought and registered KDD two month ago)...
Thanks in advance for any advice!
05-09-2008 at 02:47 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
It seems a piece of our forum code is not in place that should give ownership of KDD 2.0 and The Choice to people who purchase DROD:KDD and register it to their forum account. When Matt S. (Schik) gets that in place, it should work properly. For now, I think he can manually give you ownership of these holds so KDD2/Choice scoring will work properly for you.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
05-09-2008 at 04:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : "Explored but Unconquered Holds" statistics
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com