Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Background Picture not wide enough
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
aztcg7
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 104
IP: Logged

File: background.png (659.3 KB)
Downloaded 64 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Background Picture not wide enough (+1)  
I have a really wide screen, 1680 x 1050, to be exact. The problem is that on the drod.caravelgames.com site has a 1600 pixel width background. This means that I get 80 pixels of the left side of the background, which makes the text really quite difficult to read. Attached is a picture of the front page, and the ugly.

To fix it, I think you just have to make the ScreenPartImages/background.jpg 80 pixels wider.

[Last edited by aztcg7 at 03-19-2008 03:24 AM]
03-19-2008 at 03:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Background Picture not wide enough (+1)  
aztcg7 wrote:
To fix it, I think you just have to make the ScreenPartImages/background.jpg 80 pixels wider.
While I'll never understand how people can read text that wide without having to call in a search party to find the start of the next line when they're at the end of the previous one, I guess this could also be fixed by setting the background image to not repeat horizontally and choosing a background color that's about the same as the light part of the background... :)

(Easy workaround: hit F4 - at least I could also never use Firefox without having my bookmarks always open in the sidebar... :P)

[Last edited by Briareos at 03-19-2008 08:28 AM]
03-19-2008 at 08:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: Background Picture not wide enough (+1)  
You'd have to go to 2560 at least -- that's what the 30" LCDs generally go up to. I've got a 24" and I do read at 1920x1200 a lot of the time.

But yeah, the scalable solution is to have a matching background colour and then put "background-repeat: repeat-y;" in the style definition for the page body to stop the horizontal repetition.

[Last edited by Tuttle at 03-19-2008 10:47 AM]
03-19-2008 at 10:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Background Picture not wide enough
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com