Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Dungeon of souls (Slayer puzzles)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

6.7/10 (15 votes)
σ 1.06
Author Name:Slava
Submitted By:mxvladi
Hold Name:Dungeon of souls
Theme:Slayer puzzles
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:9
Number of Rooms:47
Number of Monsters:396
Version:DROD: The City Beneath (3.1)
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Dungeon of souls.hold (866.4 KB)
Downloaded 979 times.
License: Other
icon Dungeon of souls  
41-st Slayer had a bad day... He found himself in the dungeon and he must solve it.
03-16-2008 at 11:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mxvladi
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: Dungeon of souls (+1)  
I hope you'll enjoy it.
03-16-2008 at 01:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Dungeon of souls (0)  
I've yet to try this hold as I'm taking a break from DROD but it's great to see a new Architect on the boards. The ratings thus far are great so looking forward to playing it.

3 years in and I've yet to create a single room :)

Welcome!
03-17-2008 at 10:38 AM
JoMax
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 65
A very enjoyable hold.

The puzzles were not too difficult once you get used to playing as a slayer and can kill with your body and hook ;)

Shame the spider refuses to acknowledge I've even played this hold let alone several #1s

Difficulty 4.0, Fun 7.0
03-17-2008 at 04:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
JoMax wrote:
Shame the spider refuses to acknowledge I've even played this hold let alone several #1s
Don't worry... I'll take care of those and hand them back once spider is feeling better.

Erm... By which I mean, spider seems to attribute every decent score to me (which would be cool if highscores in DROD actually meant girls thought you were cool). My score at the moment is a yellow Lamborghini with caviar on the dash-board.

Hence women thinking I'm a pretentious git.
(since the my score)

Note to self: Must post feature request regarding being unhappy about everything that isn't DROD. A Lamborghini would be fine though.

Don't care much for the caviar.
03-17-2008 at 06:59 PM
fratropea
Rank Points: 87
Very good hold!
Nice job! :thumbsup

Difficulty 4, fun 8 ;)
03-19-2008 at 11:23 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: Dungeon of souls (0)  
There was interesting stuff here. There was also some dull stuff, I'm afraid--rooms like Underground: 1E, where the adder and roach pretty much take care of themselves, or Lower Dungeon: 1S1E, which had more walking than smiting. LD: 3S1E was interesting but for a trivial solution; Underground Halls: 1S3W badly needs checkpoints.

And then there's the writing--oh, the writing. It ranges from the ungrammatical ("We were awaiting for you") to the inane ("These are caves. You must clear them") to the downright silly ("You killed my brothers, but I'll show you the way").

It's worth playing this hold, though; there's enough interesting that the dull is worth plodding through.
03-21-2008 at 07:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Danteslives
Rank Points: 48
icon Re: Dungeon of souls (+2)  
This hold was ok, but I think a little bit more planning would have done this hold a lot of good. The story was a little bit hard to follow, albeit, at least in part, due to the writing. Some rooms had either some truly unintended solutions, or were just a tiny bit boring. However, this is worth playing due to the ideas that some of the rooms have, such as The underground halls 1W and LD 2S. I give it 5 brains with 6 fun.
03-22-2008 at 08:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Penwielder
Rank Points: 628
icon Re: Dungeon of souls (+3)  
This was the first hold by an architect who has built (as of this post) thirteen others, so it's certainly not the one you want to use to judge his work as a whole. Still, it's not bad. I enjoyed it well enough.

This hold has a particularly interesting aesthetic atmosphere. At times it was a little too extreme, but the majority of the time I liked it. As for the puzzles, the two I would point out as my favorites are the same two that Danteslives mentioned. Nothing really annoyed me here, except maybe UD: 3S, and I did that part of the hold long enough ago that I can't even remember why it was an issue.

[Last edited by Penwielder at 06-12-2013 06:38 PM]
06-12-2013 at 06:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Dungeon of souls (Slayer puzzles) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com