Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Twelfth Level
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Viper
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 33
IP: Logged
icon Twelfth Level (0)  
Well like my other room in the eleventh no-one seems to have had trouble with level 12 at all really. I've been having a great time and I've really enoyed all the rooms in here aside from two.

In Twice South Once East I am having a time sorting those pesky snakes out. I realise that you use the mimic to trap them against the star shaped block towards the top right but I am spending so much time dodging the little sods that I can't actually kill many of them. Mostly they're killing each other for me at the moment. If there's some dazzlingly simpler way to do it, or some spot I've missed where you can stand and they'll tend to leave you alone then that'd be good news.

As for Once North Once East I think I just need to persevere with going round in circles till i can get into the middle.
01-08-2004 at 02:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Big-J-Q
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 25
icon Re: Twelfth Level (0)  
I think level 12 has been one of the most enjoyable so far. Only the room you described was annoying, because it wasn't "clever", but like hack&slash, just without hacking and slashing.
01-08-2004 at 03:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Viper
Rank Points: 33
Muwuhahahahaha!

I've broken level 12. Think it was my favourite so far too, I quite like the snake puzzles this had, apart from a couple
01-08-2004 at 03:42 PM
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
Well, I was going to answer the questions, but apparently you solved them...hmm...Aha! For future questioners!

In 1S2E, the entrance space can also be used. But generally, wandering around avoiding the snakes is a good thing.

And for the room where you go around in circles, 1N1E, you could hold 5 outside of the circular area, and just wait for them to start killing each other.

01-08-2004 at 07:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I always let them kill themselves as much as I can, because it's easier than going around getting them all. You made it sound like it was a bad thing.

01-08-2004 at 07:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
You know, out of all the levels, level 12 is my favourite.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-08-2004 at 11:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
dividendD
Rank Points: 44
If you can't beat that room there is a different route to pass Level 12.....
01-17-2004 at 09:01 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Twelfth Level
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No