Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Construct the second story
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
IP: Logged
icon Construct the second story (0)  
Well, the first story kinda died out. (Construct the Story So, I say we make a new story following the same rules, but making it mainly about the Eighth, and possibly its geography as well.

I shall begin.

He sat up with a jolt. Then, he lay back down because of the rush of blood to his head. The first coherent thought he had was "Where am I?" because nothing resembled anything he was used to. Large, steep hills rose from flat plains the size of which he could not determine from his current position, facing the sky. He closed his eyes and went to sleep. When he woke again, he noticed that the sun had not moved at all from when he went to sleep, but there was now a little man with a gnarled cane hovering over him, looking like he had just given birth while having 1000 lemons forced into his mouth, and somebody was mashing his mandible...

01-06-2004 at 05:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
icon Re: Construct the second story (0)  
The man growled, "All right, Budkin, let's see what you're made of. I've created this world just for you, and there are hundreds of new monsters here not found anwhere else." He disappeared.

The mandibles' sound were getting closer.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-06-2004 at 06:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
Comment post -- not part of the story.

Two points:
1. I don't think this story is supposed to be about Beethro.
2. Zex said the story was about the Eighth. Intoducing the Creator of the Eighth is a bit over the top, if you ask me.

Just my opinions, and nothing personal, Hawk.

Oh, and please, people, don't intoduce too much limitations on what should happen in the next N parts of the story (like "man must slay monsters in 20 rooms, and everyone should write about one room each" ). Hinting at what should happen is okay, of course, but please, no forcing. I think that's part of what killed the first one. The fact that the next writer could do anything (as long as it's connected) is part of what makes this fun!

Again, just my opinions. Feel free to disagree :)
01-06-2004 at 07:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
But apparently Beethro is in a different world.

"Budkin" doesn't have to mean Beethro. He could be someone else.

And it's not forcing. There are plently of ways to get out of it if it's not liked.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-06-2004 at 07:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
trick
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
And it's not forcing.
I didn't say it was.
01-06-2004 at 07:21 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
Budkin looked toward the sound, and it was an angry penguin. The penguin didn't like the man, so he ran over to him and ate him.

The penguin then noticed a young raptor with a crimson tail. Gnashing his teeth, he moved towards the raptor and...

01-06-2004 at 07:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
trick
...ate it.

Budkin didn't like this (he was actually rather fond of raptors, particularly young ones), so he ran over to the penguin and bit off a large chuck of its throat.
01-06-2004 at 09:05 PM
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
As you can see, this Budkin, name of "Dirkus", was the type to smite (or bite) first, and ask questions later. The penguin dropped to the ground and bled to death. The old man climbed out of the penguin, and attempted to wipe his jacket free of intestines.

"You killed Sweetpoonce!" cried the man. "My beloved Sweetpoonce!"

"But he ate you!"

"No, no, we were just having an argument. Imbecile, you killed my pet!"

-Erik

[Edited by ErikH2000 on 01-06-2004 at 09:43 PM GMT: Oops, I screwed that all up. Forgot the man got ate.]

01-06-2004 at 09:12 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
"I don't think I like the cut of your jib," snarled Dirkus, drawing his sword. He always felt a little nostalgic drawing Flippy, the black rusted blade reminding him of better days, last week. "Perhaps I should cut you a new one!"

01-07-2004 at 12:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
"I never did like that word, jib" replied the old man. "And I don't know what it is either. But if you're going to cut me one, I'm assuming that you think it's some body part, then I'm really glad that I had my tetanus shot a touch back."

Dirkus then knew that something was very wrong. Up until now, he had thought that this was just a bizarre dream. It's not every day that one sees raptors, old men, and penguins named Sweetpoonce. But nobody ever talks incessantly about jibs, or mentions tetanus shots in dreams.

Beginning to feel that his life was somehow threatened, Dirkus was exceedingly glad that he had not parted from Flippy.

Last week, he found Flippy stuck in a rather large stone in a churchyard, with a sign next to it which read "I'm lonely". The book was dull, but I've heard the movie is better. Ignoring the sign with it's book, Dirkus grabbed the hilt/pommel/sword hand thingy. He had not had proper training in sword terminology, but he knew enough to know where to grab it.

When his hand had clasped, and pulled it out of the stone, or if you would prefer, large rock, he had a sudden urge to put the suffix of "eth" on many of his words.

"This sword is rustyeth. I must findeth a blacksmitheth to fixeth it."

That all happened in less than the blink of two eyes, or the wink of one.

Dirkus didn't really know what a jib was either, but he felt that he looked threatening with Flippy. He held the pose he had struck until...

01-07-2004 at 06:22 AM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
zex20913 wrote:
Dirkus didn't really know what a jib was either, but he felt that he looked threatening with Flippy. He held the pose he had struck until...

...a sudden flash of light behind the old man appeared, temporarily blinding him. When his sight cleared, the old man had disappeared and lying on the floor was a body. Shocked and rather startled by this, he carefully went over to it and examined it closely. Stooping, he saw a huge sword beneath the man and began to remove it from under him.

Dirkus heaved quite strongly and succeded in only getting half the sword out from under the body, for it was very large and heavy. However, this sudden movement shook the body quite violently, waking it up and causing Dirkus to jump back in surprise. The man instantly jumped up to face Dirkus. "Hey!" shouted the man, who had adopted a defensive pose with his sword, "Who are you, and what are you doing with my sword?"

03-04-2004 at 11:13 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Thinking quickly, Dirkus responded "calisthenics. I'm exercising."

The old man looked at Dirkus quizzically, and hoped that he could remember how to spell. "I don't believe you," shouted the old man. "I think you were trying to rob me!"

"With a sword that big? What kind of fool would that make me." Having been in many accidental barfights caused by misunderstandings of thrown furniture, Dirkus could recognize the instincts rising up within the old man - he was going to charge, and probably too much. Immediately, Dirkus reached in to his pack and pulled out a shovel - luckily, Dirkus was a Digger.

03-04-2004 at 11:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
DiMono wrote:
Thinking quickly, Dirkus responded "calisthenics. I'm exercising."

The old man looked at Dirkus quizzically, and hoped that he could remember how to spell. "I don't believe you," shouted the old man. "I think you were trying to rob me!"

"With a sword that big? What kind of fool would that make me." Having been in many accidental barfights caused by misunderstandings of thrown furniture, Dirkus could recognize the instincts rising up within the old man - he was going to charge, and probably too much. Immediately, Dirkus reached in to his pack and pulled out a shovel - luckily, Dirkus was a Digger.

Again... Please continue the story in the "Reconstruct The Story" thread, where the two stories have been sort of merged together.

03-04-2004 at 11:36 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Construct the second story
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com