Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : E-mail notification down.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon E-mail notification down. (+1)  
Our mail server is being crabby about sending e-mails out. So certain operations like sending notifications of new posts on the forum and e-mailing download links are not working. I'm going to come up with a temporary solution tomorrow that lets the more important mail get through. The real solution will have to wait until Jamie Jones is available again.

-Erik

02-15-2008 at 02:49 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: E-mail notification down. (+1)  
It's all back up now and working normally.

-Erik

02-22-2008 at 07:46 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: E-mail notification down. (0)  
Is the caravelnet activation emailing system down, or just slower than 2001: a space odyssey?
04-20-2008 at 06:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rothrin
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
Is it down again? Or is it just me? :) I've been trying to get the full install of TCB 3.2 and I click the download link and I get a success message on generating the email with link, but I never have gotten an email. I did email support about it a few days ago but never got anything back from that either. Yep I'm associated with my Caravelnet account etc and have downloaded the full builds in the past.

I know... grab the patch, and I did, but I'd still like the full build.

Rothrin

05-16-2008 at 02:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Considering that the illumination emails (AFAIK) haven't been sent and I've just ordered a link and been unable to get it, I suspect it is still the case.
05-16-2008 at 05:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
NiroZ wrote:
Considering that the illumination emails (AFAIK) haven't been sent and I've just ordered a link and been unable to get it, I suspect it is still the case.
See? If they just had done like everyone does it and signed up with an honest email provider like spam-me-silly.biz this would have never happened...

Click here to view the secret text

np: Styrofoam - Off Is Not A Speed (The Point_Misser)

05-16-2008 at 05:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
High priority emails like download links and activation links for purchases should be working. Low priority stuff like emailing a user or forum post notifications are currently down.

05-16-2008 at 05:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
NiroZ
Are you sure? That download link still hasn't been emailed to me (not that I need it, but fyi).
05-17-2008 at 04:44 AM
Schik
I just requested a download link, and it came in about 30 seconds. So I know it's at least going out on our side. Hard to diagnose why it didn't make it to you... Hopefully we'll get our main mail server back sometime and this will become less of an issue.

05-17-2008 at 04:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
rothrin
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
Ok, I have at least half figured out my troubles. I have my own server so I can check the logs. Nothing was bounced from my server, however, I changed my CaravelNet email just as a test and the link came through fine. So I will see if my hosting provider's relay is somehow blocking emails from here. It's very odd because as far as I can tell, no email has ever been bounced from my server. I certainly get plenty of spam! So if any of you are having trouble, try changing your email address. My Gmail addy works fine. Although, :D , I can't get the TCB 3.2 full build now because I tried too many times. lol Ah, it's always something. I don't suppose one of you kind people at Caravel could reset my download counter or send me a link or something? I'd be eternally grateful. :) [taken care of -- mrimer] I emailed support yesterday, but I am guessing if they emailed back, I didn't get it. Thanks.

Rothrin

Edit: mrimer, I am, as I said, eternally grateful. :) Thanks again.

[Last edited by rothrin at 05-17-2008 05:15 PM]
05-17-2008 at 02:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Schik wrote:
Low priority stuff like emailing a user or forum post notifications are currently down.
Would that also include the lost password reminders? Because I've yesterday made the mistake of logging out of the forum (to figure out which rooms are secret on a level) and of course had totally forgotten my password to log back in, and of the three password reminder requests I made I didn't get a single mail... :(

(Of course, I've both now remembered where I kept that password and also have "retrieved" it by looking at the post form's source code here at work, but wouldn't it be possible to at least make those password reminder mails go through the Illumination mail server since they're kind of important?)

[Last edited by Briareos at 05-20-2008 09:09 AM]
05-20-2008 at 09:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
For the record: I haven't gotten my CaravelNet activation link, and a couple of days have passed since I bought it. I think I'll just try to buy CaravelNet again, and see what happens.
05-20-2008 at 05:01 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
You'll probably be better off if you email support@caravelgames.com, but I'm sure caravel won't complain if you buy it twice.
05-21-2008 at 02:55 AM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
The thing is I anyway intended to do something to give money to the caravel team. I have now bought it twice, and if this doesn't work I'll have to send that mail to support, obviously.
05-21-2008 at 10:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
rothrin wrote:
I don't suppose one of you kind people at Caravel could reset my download counter or send me a link or something? I'd be eternally grateful. :) [taken care of -- mrimer] I emailed support yesterday, but I am guessing if they emailed back, I didn't get it.
Sorry to semi-hijack, but I'm in the same scenario. I've emailed support but not sure if that part of the email system is currently working.
05-22-2008 at 08:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tonyk
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
Briareos wrote:
Schik wrote:
Low priority stuff like emailing a user or forum post notifications are currently down.
Would that also include the lost password reminders? Because I've yesterday made the mistake of logging out of the forum (to figure out which rooms are secret on a level) and of course had totally forgotten my password to log back in, and of the three password reminder requests I made I didn't get a single mail... :(

(Of course, I've both now remembered where I kept that password and also have "retrieved" it by looking at the post form's source code here at work, but wouldn't it be possible to at least make those password reminder mails go through the Illumination mail server since they're kind of important?)

I was in exactly the same position not minutes ago - I was getting key emails but not password request ones - fortunately the saved cookies.txt in my saved Firefox profile got me going again... :D

06-17-2008 at 08:22 AM
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
Currently I am unable to use the "Contact Us" link to send an email to support@caravelgames.com. The message comes back almost immediately with the following:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

support@caravelgames.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
host mx0.domainsite.com [38.97.225.138]: 554 mail server permanently rejected message (#5.3.0)

Is there someone I could PM with a question about an issue that may or may not be important?

"Until it ends, there is no end."
07-04-2008 at 12:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
If you want to send a PM to me about the issue you were going to send to the support address, you might as well just PM it to me (I'd be the one answering it anyways).

07-04-2008 at 06:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jamie
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 365
icon Re: E-mail notification down. (+2)  
Well... I'm back, and Mr. Imer and I are going to sort it once and for all (I'll option one of my backups machines so if something goes wrong again whilst I'm away, there will be a fallback!)

[Last edited by jamie at 07-07-2008 02:33 PM : GRAMMAR!]
07-07-2008 at 02:31 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
Thanks for your help, Jamie. We seem to have e-mail sends working again. I'm hoping this stays up forever -- I'm crossing my fingers.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-09-2008 at 05:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jamie
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 365
Just don't forget to renew the domain ;-)

07-11-2008 at 11:57 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
jamie wrote:
Just don't forget to renew the domain ;-)
Yeah. I told Matt that if mail goes down again exactly a year from now, he can flog me with a wet noodle.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-12-2008 at 06:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
It has come up 3 years, 10 months, and 1 day later, does that count for a flogging?

I'm sure someone has noticed but I've not received a notification of a new post since May 6th and I dread the flood that my inbox will experience when it comes back on.

05-14-2012 at 02:05 AM
Schik
I hadn't noticed, as it's working just fine for me... check your junk mail?

05-14-2012 at 02:13 AM
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
Aha! So that's where my daily reading went, perhaps gmail thought I was getting too much Caravelnet mail.

Okay, I deserve it. Hit me with the wet noodle.

05-14-2012 at 03:57 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : E-mail notification down.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com