Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : Midway Outpost : Entrance (Confused; where to now?)
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Alfie
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
IP: Logged
icon The City Beneath : Midway Outpost : Entrance (0)  
I have completed this level including the secret room and have been told to exit level. The only place I can find to do that is via the entrance. I have done that too. Where do I go next? I get taken back to the city, the library, the name giver and all that stuff but cant find where next. Could someopne please give me a pointer?
Alfie

02-05-2008 at 11:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: The City Beneath : Midway Outpost : Entrance (+1)  
You're missing a staircase in the middle of Midway Outpost 1N 1W.
02-05-2008 at 12:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
wiseoldman
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 50
icon Re: The City Beneath : Midway Outpost : Entrance (0)  
I sure am missing something in the Entrance. I see one part of the south-east wall that I could trap snakes in but so far I am having a difficult time doing so. Most of the snakes kill each other (when trapped in their coils) but it comes down to the last one. Just cannot figure out how to move to trap him.

suggestions?
08-14-2008 at 06:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kwerulous
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 340
Appears you don't know about this new monster...

These green serpents are adders. They eat other monsters (including themselves, that's why they appear to get trapped in each others tails) and you have to kill them by hitting their heads.

I believe there is a demo for this room on the main title screen.

[Last edited by Kwerulous at 08-14-2008 08:39 PM]
08-14-2008 at 06:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
wiseoldman
Yep, got it. thanks
08-14-2008 at 06:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
Kwerulous wrote:
These green serpents are adders. They eat other monsters (including themselves, that's why they appear to get trapped in each others tails) and you have to kill them by hitting their heads.

Actually, that isn't quite true. Adders can't eat serpents of any kind, but when they are trapped by another adder's tail (or their own tail) they shrink, so that an adder by itself in an empty room can't become unsolvable too easily.

08-14-2008 at 08:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kwerulous
Rank Points: 340
Sillyman wrote:
Actually, that isn't quite true. Adders can't eat serpents of any kind, but when they are trapped by another adder's tail (or their own tail) they shrink, so that an adder by itself in an empty room can't become unsolvable too easily.
Yes, I know adders can't eat serpents or rattlesnakes, that's what I meant, perhaps not phrased correctly. When I said "Themselves", I meant that adders eat themselves when they get trapped in their own body.

[Last edited by Kwerulous at 08-14-2008 08:38 PM]
08-14-2008 at 08:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
wiseoldman
I found the secret room at 2N1E, the maze. I mapped it but my map is wrong as there is no way to reach the East side, i.e. walls don't allow that direction. A hint would be helpful

Thanks

[Last edited by wiseoldman at 08-15-2008 10:51 PM]
08-15-2008 at 10:50 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
Only one room per topic, please!

I've placed help for the secret room here.
08-16-2008 at 05:18 AM
mashie
Rank Points: 12
Kwerulous wrote:
Appears you don't know about this new monster...

am struggling, probably stoopidly..
i can get down to one adder 3 squares long... can't shorten him it seems and (I think) I can only kill one 2 squares long.
Tried to shorten two or more at once but can't seem to figure out how....

And being ultra-daft ... where is the demo? sorry, I don't follow (haven't resorted to a demo yet, but this is maddening! ... thx for any help! :~(
05-20-2009 at 01:30 PM
mxvladi
Rank Points: 2505
icon Re: The City Beneath : Midway Outpost : Entrance (+2)  
mashie wrote:
am struggling, probably stoopidly..
i can get down to one adder 3 squares long... can't shorten him it seems and (I think) I can only kill one 2 squares long.
Tried to shorten two or more at once but can't seem to figure out how....

Uh... I don't fully understand what are you trying to do, so I'll rephrase what Kwerulous said.

You kill adders by "moving" sword in the tile where their head is, like at the following img:

Click here to view the secret text

Your sword MUST be pointing diagonally though, or the adder will eat you.

Also,
Click here to view the secret text

I believe you'll complete the room after reading this. :)

If you don't though...

And being ultra-daft ... where is the demo? sorry, I don't follow (haven't resorted to a demo yet, but this is maddening! ... thx for any help! :~(

In main menu, press "watch demo" button. There're some demos of TCB rooms there. Press it a few times, and soon the demo for this room will be shown.

But I recommend to practise in cutting adders, since you'll need this knowledge in later rooms.

[Last edited by mxvladi at 05-20-2009 01:44 PM : typos, typos]
05-20-2009 at 01:43 PM
mashie
Rank Points: 12
thanks! I think the issue was just the diagonal sword bit ...

you were so fast! :thumbsup
05-20-2009 at 02:03 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : Midway Outpost : Entrance (Confused; where to now?)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com