Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Transfer DROD Between MAC and Windows
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
sjschaffner
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 30
IP: Logged
icon Transfer DROD Between MAC and Windows (0)  
Can you transfer all your finished hold data from a Mac to a Windows version of DROD?

If so, what is the best way?

Also when you restore a room to play again and get the message that all other rooms will be restored to unconquered states, but you can use a previously saved version to avoid replaying all the rooms again---How do you do that? In other words, how do you avoid playing those completed rooms again. I haven't been able to figure that out.

Thanks
01-31-2008 at 02:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Transfer DROD Between MAC and Windows (+1)  
My advice would be to export you player file (saves and all), and then import it on the other platform.

Make sure you've first downloaded all the holds you've played, before importing your player file. That way you shouldn't notice any difference with regards to progress and scores...
01-31-2008 at 02:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
sjschaffner
icon Re: Transfer DROD Between MAC and Windows (0)  
Great!

Thanks for the reply.
01-31-2008 at 02:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1545
icon Re: Transfer DROD Between MAC and Windows (+1)  
sjschaffner wrote:
Also when you restore a room to play again and get the message that all other rooms will be restored to unconquered states, but you can use a previously saved version to avoid replaying all the rooms again---How do you do that? In other words, how do you avoid playing those completed rooms again. I haven't been able to figure that out.
You need to restore to a position where you'd completed those other rooms (and therefore uncomplete the one you just did if it wasn't completed in that first save).

The restore feature is a way to:
- Get to secret rooms (which after you've done them always count as "completed" for the percentage at the end of the hold, even if you restore somewhere else afterwards).
- Get to individual rooms you've already completed so you can optimise them for a better high score.
- Watch demos from an old room.
- Get back to a playable position in any older holds with backtracking issues (where it's possible to get stuck in a position where the hold is impossible).

It's not meant as a way to quickly jump around the level while you're playing it for the first time.

[Last edited by Tuttle at 01-31-2008 10:36 PM]
01-31-2008 at 10:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
sjschaffner
icon Re: Transfer DROD Between MAC and Windows (0)  
Thanks much for the explanation.
02-01-2008 at 12:43 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Transfer DROD Between MAC and Windows
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com