Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Erik's Biography
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
IP: Logged
icon Erik's Biography (0)  
I don't know if this has been said anywhere, but I was just reading Erik's biography and it said that this year (2003, that is) Webfoot hired him to write some games for them. What sort are they?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
01-01-2004 at 03:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Erik's Biography (0)  
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
I don't know if this has been said anywhere, but I was just reading Erik's biography and it said that this year (2003, that is) Webfoot hired him to write some games for them. What sort are they?
I made seven card games and they got published in "eGames Card & Board Games" and "eGames Card & Board Games Volume 2", which you can find in the budget section at most places that sell PC software. They were... (can I remember them all now?) Old Maid, Gin Rummy, Spades, Hearts, Canasta, Pinochle, and Go Fish. These are super-cheapo, no-frills versions of these games. They were are all done in 3 months, with about 1/3 of the programming work completed by Krister Karlsson, and art/music/production credits going to other folks with Webfoot. The main thing I'm proud about is that this project was finished on-time, on-spec (no features were cut), and nearly bugfree (beta-testing turned up half a dozen bugs and we shipped). Please, nobody take this as an encouragement to go out and buy C&BG. If you want to, that's cool.

I can't comment much on other games since they haven't been published yet, and I'm under NDA with Webfoot. I finished a small puzzle game that DROD people might like, but it's shelved for now until a publishing opportunity comes up. Writing the game was a side effect of work on a larger project.

-Erik

01-01-2004 at 09:08 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I'm just curious... were you following my column while writing these games? :D

01-02-2004 at 04:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
DiMono wrote:
I'm just curious... were you following my column while writing these games? :D
Well no, not really. After you wrote the first column, I checked back a few times for the second column, and then forgot about it for a while. Now I see you suddenly have five columns, so I just read through them all.

But anyhow, why do you ask? I don't see the connection.

-Erik

01-02-2004 at 05:31 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Shameless plug.

Incidentally, I'm still up for the interview if you've still got the time.

01-02-2004 at 05:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
DiMono wrote:
Incidentally, I'm still up for the interview if you've still got the time.
Sure, just e-mail me when you are ready. We'll figure out the chat business through e-mail.

-Erik

01-02-2004 at 11:39 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Erik's Biography
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com