Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DROD for EEE PC
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
hyphz
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
IP: Logged

File: drodeeedevel.ZIP (1.1 MB)
Downloaded 158 times.
License: Other
icon DROD for EEE PC (+3)  
I've attached my progress so far on this. The ZIP file includes the source diffs, the new ScalerPlus and an EXE file for testing under Windows.

The title screen, and sell screen are done. Gameplay now works, too: during gameplay press F12 to switch the display mode (fully scaled, scroll vertical, scroll both, or stretch). There are one or two problems: clicking the mouse during gameplay doesn't work, because events aren't passed on to the RoomWidget properly - I've tried to implement this but it didn't work. Also, subtitles are unnecessarily hard to read because the ScalerWidget works on pure pixel scaling - ideally, Subtitles could "pierce" the scaling and be drawn at full unscaled size in the appropriate place, but I have no idea how to do that.

Hold Selection works, but with a continuous ticking sound on the screen - I'm not sure what causes that, and I'm not sure how big the "details" box is required to be. Change Settings and Build Levels will bomb instantly and I'm not sure why. Chat and CaravelNet ratings are untested, of course.

As always, make sure to run it on a backup of your data files (with the file path changed appropriately) and it may help to use regular DROD to change the user settings on your profile to NOT be fullscreen, first. (Otherwise it will try to set a resolution of 800x480 fullscreen which will probably be rejected.)

I'm a bit worried about the performance of ScalerPlus, too..

01-07-2008 at 03:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
hyphz
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
IP: Logged
icon Re: DROD for EEE PC (0)  
Ok, I could use some help here.. :(

The problem with Change Settings and Build Levels appears to be with FrameWidgets, which apparantly crash if their children don't fit. But I've tried changing several parts and they all either crash or go into infinite loops. Can anyone give me any suggestions on getting around this?

01-14-2008 at 03:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DROD for EEE PC
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No