Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : Interview on Indygamer Blog. (You Can't Please Everyone Part II)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
IP: Logged
icon Interview on Indygamer Blog. (+1)  
We were mentioned briefly in a previous interview with Metanet on the same blog. A series of events (including us whining like the worst kind of brats about a misunderstanding) led to this interview on the Indygamer blog.

http://indygamer.blogspot.com/2007/12/caravel-games-interview.html

-Erik

12-03-2007 at 09:59 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
icon Re: Interview on Indygamer Blog. (0)  
Great interview!

As it's mentioned though, I would just like to point out that "Slice Snatcher" could have a rather different connotation in the UK. It's not a direct one, but I extrapolated it straight away.

Could just be me...
12-03-2007 at 01:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
icon Re: Interview on Indygamer Blog. (+1)  
There is a mistake in the interview. Home of the Underdogs is not gone, it just moved to a new server. Home of the Underdogs. :) And DROD is still of course top of the puzzle games.

12-03-2007 at 03:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3741
Underdogs may have moved, but it's not been updated for almost 2 years - I'd assumed that was what was being referred to in the interview.

I've lived in the UK most of my life and am not sure what's being referred to with "Slice Snatcher"... unless it's the alternative meaning of the word "snatch".

12-03-2007 at 04:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
calamarain
Rank Points: 933
Jacob wrote:
Underdogs may have moved, but it's not been updated for almost 2 years - I'd assumed that was what was being referred to in the interview.
Fair enough. Shame, it's a damned good archive of information on all the more obscure games.

12-03-2007 at 04:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
icon Re: Interview on Indygamer Blog. (+1)  
Hey, the names come directly from Batrachomyomachia. Or rather, one of the popular translations. I think Slice-Snatcher means it steals slices of bread. Stealer-of-bread-slices is just way too long. Anyway, that story has lots of amusing names, but Caravel doesn't have anything to do with it.

12-03-2007 at 07:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jacob
Rank Points: 3741
Oh, I see. That's where the idea comes from - the reference had passed me by until you pointed it out now. Cool.

12-03-2007 at 08:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : Interview on Indygamer Blog. (You Can't Please Everyone Part II)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com