Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : holds
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
squeekie
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 140
IP: Logged
icon holds (0)  
What is the most favorite hold? I'm a bit bored after finishing Drod 1.6 and need some excitement. I replayed Drod to level 10 but it isn't the same.Actually, I just wanted to get post #100.

[Edited by squeekie on 12-15-2003 at 02:14 AM GMT]

12-15-2003 at 02:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: holds (0)  
Go to the Holds forum and see what people have rated the various holds there. Those are the ones which are completed anyway, so might be more worth your while.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-15-2003 at 04:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
You could set up a poll.

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
12-15-2003 at 05:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
You could set up a poll.
That would not be fair.

12-15-2003 at 05:37 PM
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
agaricus5 wrote:
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
You could set up a poll.
That would not be fair.

How so?

Oh yeah..... you mean to the people who lose? (all but one)

And favouritism? The vote-for-yourself kind of thing?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
12-16-2003 at 02:04 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I interpreted it as because there's a limit on the amount of entries in a poll, so some holds would have to be left out. Most of them, in fact.

12-16-2003 at 03:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
There is no longer any limit on the number of options in a poll - you can make as many options as you desire.

12-16-2003 at 03:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Oh. Then I'm not sure what the original comment meant.

Which isn't to say I think a poll is a good idea - it's not. I'd have no idea how to choose a single favourite hold; and I don't think it's very helpful to give a poll of this sort since, for one, the people who haven't voted, and presumably need the info, either will have to give up the right to vote in the future or they won't get the result.

Plus, there already is a vote rating system. And I'm assuming the main website will be updated with a hold download page which will show all info in an easily comparable manner (unlike now where you have to jump threads). Lets just wait for that.

12-16-2003 at 03:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
eytanz wrote:
Plus, there already is a vote rating system. And I'm assuming the main website will be updated with a hold download page which will show all info in an easily comparable manner (unlike now where you have to jump threads). Lets just wait for that.
That's the plan. I toyed with really customizing the Holds forum to enable this sort of comparison, but decided that should be on the main site, and the forum should remain as-is.

I've given Mattcrampy some skeleton code for querying the database and presenting the information, sortable by pretty much anything. I don't know what his schedule is like, but I'm sure he'll get something out soon enough.

12-16-2003 at 03:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : holds
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com