Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Cheap Trick contest compilation (all integrated; test now!)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
IP: Logged
icon Re: Cheap Trick contest compilation (+1)  
I looked over the rooms and, er, with alpha blending disabled, I don't see any rooms that need to be marked unhighscoreable for unpleasantness. So I'll turn this around and take suggestions from players on that.
RuAdam wrote:
None of the custom character images work (for me at least), this ruins the following holds:
Superglue - Goldfinger - El Cheapo's Hold III
Balancing Bucket - Mazer - Cheap is not Expansive
Banana Peel - Tahnan - Cheap Clip Trick (this one is only grafical, the cheap trick still works)
Curious; it works for me. Wait... you don't have the original entries imported, do you? That must be the problem: importing the levels didn't bring the images with them. I'll need to get the images from the architects, if so. Nope, looks like this is actually a bug with copypasta between holds. I'll still need Tahnan's image, though.
I also found, that there are some places where the hold ends. (I mean the entire hold, not just the entry hold)
Whoopie Cushion - Jeff_Ray - The Fracking Bugger (the stairs in 2N if I remember correctly)
How did you get there? :?
Whoopie Cushion - Monkey - Secret Stairs (the script in 1N1W ends the entire hold, instead of the entry)

I may be wrong, but it seems to me, that Balancing Bucket - MeckMeck GRE - Appleland Round-a-round doesn't have an end staircase.
Fixed, thanks.
There was one hold I could'nt finish Balancing Bucket - Pinnacle - The Abyss. Probably it's compleatable, I just could'nt figure it out even with the hints.
There should be a demo. Press F6 in the puzzle room. If there isn't, that needs fixing...

[Last edited by Jatopian at 12-14-2007 03:49 AM]
12-07-2007 at 11:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RuAdam
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 157
icon Re: Cheap Trick contest compilation (0)  
Jatopian wrote:
How did you get there?

Here's how I did it:
Click here to view the secret text

12-08-2007 at 07:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
RuAdam wrote:
Lure the third, now brained roach on the pressure plate.
...how exactly did you lure a brained roach onto a force arrow? Could you send me a demo?

12-08-2007 at 06:10 PM
RuAdam

File: CTcc Oh so NOT easy The Entrance.demo (4.8 KB)
Downloaded 43 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Cheap Trick contest compilation (+2)  
Sure. Demo attached.
12-08-2007 at 09:52 PM
RuAdam

File: CTcc Pick your poison 2N Script error.demo (5 KB)
Downloaded 42 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Cheap Trick contest compilation (+1)  
I was just trying to compleat The Abyss, and I didn't see any demos in the puzzle room. Maybe this is the same problem like the custom NPC images? Also just before getting to the level, I found an error in the scripting of the entry selection area. I somehow managed to go down the stairs swordless, and when I got to the puzzle I was still swordless. (demo attached)
12-09-2007 at 09:41 AM
Jatopian
RuAdam wrote:
I was just trying to compleat The Abyss, and I didn't see any demos in the puzzle room. Maybe this is the same problem like the custom NPC images?
... Okay, I'm stumped. I know I've successfully used this functionality before... Does it show up in the "Watch Demo" option on DROD's main menu?
Also just before getting to the level, I found an error in the scripting of the entry selection area. I somehow managed to go down the stairs swordless, and when I got to the puzzle I was still swordless. (demo attached)
That's that bug hartleyhair reported to me in chat yesterday: The scripts don't loop. Already fixed.

12-09-2007 at 05:40 PM
RuAdam
Jatopian wrote:
... Okay, I'm stumped. I know I've successfully used this functionality before... Does it show up in the "Watch Demo" option on DROD's main menu?

Oh, so that's how you do it. I was checking the demos from within playing the room. I didn't know about this feature. So no worries, the demo is there.
12-09-2007 at 05:56 PM
Jatopian
All comments should now be addressed. If no one finds anything else in a few days, I'll go on and send it to the Hold administrators.

12-15-2007 at 11:34 PM
Jatopian
Small update: Hold is now trivially conquerable. Also, I've attempted a roundabout way of implementing high scores in "Prickly Problem" and "The Fracking Bugger", as the conquer tokens weren't working as expected. See first post.

12-25-2007 at 10:06 PM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Cheap Trick contest compilation (all integrated; test now!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com