Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Sam and Max: Season Two
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
gamer_extreme_101
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1939
IP: Logged
icon Sam and Max: Season Two (+1)  
Well, the first of five episodes of the new season is out (Ice Station Santa), and after playing it for an hour, I'm quite happy. Overall gameplay has improved greatly, with the ability to run and set a custom hint level (Ranging from blabbermouth characters to absolutely nothing), and graphics have been upgraded as well. Definitely a must buy.

And to add to the excitement, the case file and soundtrack I ordered of the game arrived today as well. Party on!

11-10-2007 at 03:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
LordKinbote
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 56
icon Re: Sam and Max: Season Two (0)  
I finished it yesterday (total time = around 3 hours, maybe a bit more) and I thought it was a great addition to the series. It really felt like the first episode of a second season and not the first episode of a new game, which is what I wanted. I loved all the references to past adventures, such as Flint Paper's strangely parallel cases, the trip back to Season 1, Episode 3, and all the cameos from the characters we've met in Season 1. The humor was just as sharp, and the puzzles were enjoyable (though the difficulty level hasn't improved much).

I hope that the new hint system will allow the design team to create more difficult puzzles, and then let people get the help that they need, if any, to solve them.

I, for one, am looking forward to Episode 2, where I hear they head to Easter Island to hear prophecies of doom. Dooooom!
11-11-2007 at 08:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Sam and Max: Season Two (0)  
I loved Season 1, so getting season 2 was a no-brainer for me. I got a gametap subscription this time - the annual subscription costs less than double the price of a Sam & Max's series, and if season 3 starts with a similar gap it'll end up included as well.

I'm only early on in Episode 1 but it does seem to be a great follow-up so far.

11-13-2007 at 12:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Sam and Max: Season Two
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com