Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Crazy Cave (Exploring, Slash'n'Gash)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

5.4/10 (16 votes)
σ 1.80
Author Name:Stu
Submitted By:Stuwy
Hold Name:Crazy Cave
Theme:Exploring, Slash'n'Gash
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:2
Number of Rooms:38
Number of Monsters:904
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Crazy Cave.hold (20.4 KB)
Downloaded 2656 times.
License: Other
icon Crazy Cave  
Beethro fell through a trapdoor and discovered an amazing cave full of traps, secrets and weird monsters. Can you make it out alive?
12-11-2003 at 11:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Crazy Cave (0)  
There were lots of problems with this hold, according to the Architecture forum...are you sure it's ready to be posted here?

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-11-2003 at 11:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
yep. Everything should be solvable Oneiro garentee. If you do see a bug then you have my permission to glove slap me!
12-12-2003 at 12:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
Good hold, I enjoyed it a lot. I might have moved that blue door somewhere slightly more useful, though...

12-16-2003 at 10:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
swann_88
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 87
well since dimono seems to have finished it it must just be me
I can't find the proper sequence to access all the rooms
no matter which way I go I end up somewhere I can't get back from
and the room which "only experts can do" is not even the hardest one in this hold
12-25-2003 at 07:37 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stuwy
Hmm, that was probably my most challenging room there. Im not good with narrow tar passages. What was the most difficult room for you?
01-09-2004 at 01:25 AM
techant
Rank Points: 854
:trumpet Wow I think I finished. Some rooms I think were not needed because I was able to leave when I got to the exit. The mystery was that I exited to the beginning again. Is that the plan or an error? Was I supposed to opened the blue door?

This hold really challenges you. I would have liked it better if the breakaways along the edges always lead to a room. :? This hold is challenging enough without trying to get into rooms that are not there. Just my thoughts. Thanks for the hard work you put into making this hold. :thumbsup :thumbsup

11-12-2004 at 08:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
techant wrote:
:trumpet Wow I think I finished. Some rooms I think were not needed because I was able to leave when I got to the exit. The mystery was that I exited to the beginning again. Is that the plan or an error? Was I supposed to opened the blue door?
No you are not finished. This hold has two levels. If you have solved many rooms, then you've probably got the wrong exit ;)

(Although the second level only has a few simple screens though, so it's up to you to do this or not.)

-- Tim

11-14-2004 at 10:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stuwy
The secret level isn't too hard to find. ;)

There are many other secrets too about the cave that old and recent cave dwellers have not found out. Ohhh let's just say, a very confusing exit... :D

Thanks again for the comments guys! Be sure to find some more exploring and secrets when JtRL comes out. Much much much more secrets!
11-17-2004 at 04:30 AM
techant
Rank Points: 854
icon Re: Crazy Cave (+1)  
The secret level isn't too hard to find.

:? Well I have finished or seen everyroom on the first level and I still cannot find the secret level. I have found alot of secret rooms and out of frustration I checked the 'insert page' section to see if I had missed any. I even tried restarting the hold and that didn't help either.

Can someone help me. I did get the "exit level" when I finished 2S, 3W. And the blue door in the entrance area was gone but that didn't help me because that just let me into a room I had already done. :weep

:w00t Never Mind - I found it!!

:thumbsup Now I am finished - It told me so.

Thanks for the hard work put into this hold. I wondering if you could hide stairs under something like tar, I am glad you can't yet, this was tough enough.

Next time please add more save spots so when you have beaten all the rooms and are running around the cave you can save yourself along the way. It is so frustrating to try and restore and find out that you have to do the room over because the room you exited to was already entered before.

[Edited by techant at Local Time:11-26-2004 at 08:43 AM]

11-26-2004 at 07:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
HopelessAmateur
Rank Points: 177
Some great rooms in here. The abundance of crumbly walls that lead nowhere rather spoils it. :fun
05-03-2005 at 11:03 AM
krepnox
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 52
I really liked this hold. It had a nice mix of easy and difficult rooms. I did not have a problem with the crumbly walls that went nowhere, nor did I have a problem with the fact that I went in circles a lot. That added to the sense of exploration in this hold.

On the other hand...

I found the entrance to the secret level very early in my exploration. Since the exit is on the secret level, I was able to "complete" the hold even though I had only completed a few rooms.

A much bigger problem was the need for more save spots. In a lot of rooms, the challenging stuff doesn't hit until later in the room. If you get killed, or boxed in by tar, you have to start from the beginning and redo all the tedious bits. This was particularly true at 3E.

But, on balance, really nice work.

07-23-2006 at 05:02 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Crazy Cave (Exploring, Slash'n'Gash) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com