Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : The Undercity : 1 North, 3 East
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2384
IP: Logged
icon The City Beneath : The Undercity : 1 North, 3 East (0)  
I had a lot of trouble with the original room upon which this is based (Abyssian Fortress 2N 1E). For that one I needed to follow a demo step-by-step.

So it's no surprise I'm stuck here as well. I'd guess that:
Click here to view the secret text

Maybe a strong hint or a demo please?

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
11-06-2007 at 05:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
icon Re: The City Beneath : The Undercity : 1 North, 3 East (+2)  
This room is not that different from the Abyssian Fortress room. I'd suggest going back and watching different people's solutions to the Abyssian Fortress room.

A comparison:

Key facts that you will need to use:

11-06-2007 at 05:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
disoriented
icon Re: The City Beneath : The Undercity : 1 North, 3 East (0)  
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
This room is not that different from the Abyssian Fortress room. I'd suggest going back and watching different people's solutions to the Abyssian Fortress room.

A comparison:

Key facts that you will need to use:

Thanks CuriousShyRabbit. But from all the demos I've seen in Abyssian Fortress, the player uses gel babies to block the growth of gel. When the babies are brained as they are here, they won't stay in place, so this is impossible.

11-06-2007 at 04:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: The City Beneath : The Undercity : 1 North, 3 East (-1)  
Disoriented, you might want to expand the number of demos you are viewing for that room then...hopefully one of them is of this other way. (You can see up to 25 in-game, the setting is on the CaravelNet tab of your profile on this forum.) The intended solution, which isn't enforced in Abyssian Fortress but is in The Undercity, is to, as CSR says, only break 1 crumbly wall while still separating the gel blobs from the gel mother. Thus 1 gel baby will be formed at each location, where the crumbly wall was, but that is manageable.

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-06-2007 at 05:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Oneiromancer wrote:
Disoriented, you might want to expand the number of demos you are viewing for that room then...hopefully one of them is of this other way. (You can see up to 25 in-game, the setting is on the CaravelNet tab of your profile on this forum.) The intended solution, which isn't enforced in Abyssian Fortress but is in The Undercity, is to, as CSR says, only break 1 crumbly wall while still separating the gel blobs from the gel mother. Thus 1 gel baby will be formed at each location, where the crumbly wall was, but that is manageable.

Clever! Thanks. :thumbsup

11-07-2007 at 03:47 AM
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 115
Problem is, even though I can prevent the gel from growing out easily, I CAN'T prevent gel BABIES from growing out, and that's what is really getting me. The dash to get to the gel mother is always cut short by a gel baby moving onto a plate, making me waste time and letting the gel mother grow onto the one space I can even use to kill her in the first place, or the gel baby just kills me anyhow.

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
08-25-2017 at 01:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: The City Beneath : The Undercity : 1 North, 3 East (+1)  

08-25-2017 at 06:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : The City Beneath : The Undercity : 1 North, 3 East
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com