Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : The Complete List of Contest Participants
Page 5 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
IP: Logged
icon Re: The Complete List of Contest Participants (+2)  
The Suicidal Beethro
Jacob 1st
Skell
brian_s 2nd
VIPCOOL
Chaco
techant
BoyBlue 3rd
zwetschenwasser

07-04-2009 at 08:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
icon Re: The Complete List of Contest Participants (0)  
So, turns out I forgot last month too.

That has been corrected.

Congratulations to DanielFishman and Skell for having the guts to step up and jump into the fishbowl for the first time! Talk to Dex Stewart to get your newcomer awards!

Congratulations also for longtime swimmers Dex Stewart, Noma, and Rheb, for their 8-time participations! You can claim any one item from the Prize Pile that is marked from 8-timers - please talk to Dex Stewart to arrange your prize!
07-07-2009 at 08:53 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: The Complete List of Contest Participants (+1)  
coppro wrote:
Congratulations to DanielFishman and Skell for having the guts to step up and jump into the fishbowl for the first time!
Second time, my first contest was "Death to the Death" though if I remember correctly my name was messed in the participants list... *takes a look at it*
Yes, it says "skelz" instead of Skell. Here is a link to Death to Death contests where you can see my submission being fourteenth. So that makes this my second contest (with Ugly being third, or the other way around).

07-07-2009 at 12:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
skell wrote:
coppro wrote:
Congratulations to DanielFishman and Skell for having the guts to step up and jump into the fishbowl for the first time!
Second time, my first contest was "Death to the Death" though if I remember correctly my name was messed in the participants list... *takes a look at it*
Yes, it says "skelz" instead of Skell. Here is a link to Death to Death contests where you can see my submission being fourteenth. So that makes this my second contest (with Ugly being third, or the other way around).
Thanks for the catch; I've fixed the list.
07-07-2009 at 05:40 PM
Dischorran
Rank Points: 3406
Ugly doesn't count for these purposes - it's not an official contest.

07-07-2009 at 05:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Rank Points: 3734
Dischorran wrote:
Ugly doesn't count for these purposes - it's not an official contest.
Well yes, I meant that Ugly is my third contest ever, though as usual I forgot to phrase my thoughts completely.

07-07-2009 at 05:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
DanielFishman
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 159
coppro wrote:
So, turns out I forgot last month too.

That has been corrected.

Congratulations to DanielFishman and Skell for having the guts to step up and jump into the fishbowl for the first time! Talk to Dex Stewart to get your newcomer awards!

Congratulations also for longtime swimmers Dex Stewart, Noma, and Rheb, for their 8-time participations! You can claim any one item from the Prize Pile that is marked from 8-timers - please talk to Dex Stewart to arrange your prize!

I, too, have already participated in a contest:
lk) [9]
* DanielFishman (Flags of the Eighth) [1]
* Daniel Fishman (Cheap Trick, Puzzles Galore, Paper Scissors Rock, Bluffhanger) [4]
are the same person.
07-12-2009 at 10:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
DanielFishman wrote:
I, too, have already participated in a contest:
lk) [9]
* DanielFishman (Flags of the Eighth) [1]
* Daniel Fishman (Cheap Trick, Puzzles Galore, Paper Scissors Rock, Bluffhanger) [4]
are the same person.
Fixed.
07-12-2009 at 08:06 PM
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
I hosted an unofficial Thanksgiving Hold Art contest back in 2006. The participants were Pilchard VIII, tokyokid, Elfstone, and Jason. Although there was a little confusion at the end with the untimed poll, Pilchard did win. I'd like for you to record Elfstone and eytanz as assistants, because they provided the modpoints to the winners.

EDIT: Not sure if this belongs here, as all the talk has been about official contests. But you do seem to be recording the unofficial ones, too.

[Last edited by UrAvgAzn at 07-12-2009 09:09 PM]
07-12-2009 at 09:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
coppro
UrAvgAzn wrote:
EDIT: Not sure if this belongs here, as all the talk has been about official contests. But you do seem to be recording the unofficial ones, too.
That I do. I just don't get very many of them here.
07-13-2009 at 03:53 AM
Dischorran
Well, in that case, here's the official unofficial The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly contestant list:

Chaco
noma
The Stew Boy
skell
Tahnan
12th Archivist
VIPCOOL

07-13-2009 at 09:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Hyperme
minimike98
brian_s 2rd
Sillyman 3nd
Neveragain 1st
techant

[Last edited by NiroZ at 08-11-2009 02:41 AM]
08-10-2009 at 02:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
coppro
NiroZ wrote:
Hyperme
minimike98
brian_s 3rd
Sillyman 2nd
Nuntar
Neveragain 1st
techant
I'll just list them as contestestants for
08-10-2009 at 03:57 AM
NiroZ
Amazing Maze
08-10-2009 at 07:14 AM
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4576
I would like to be crossed off the list as a protest against the way the running of this contest was mishandled.

[Last edited by Nuntar at 08-10-2009 11:22 AM]
08-10-2009 at 11:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
I wasn't aware there was a problem... but ok, sure.
08-10-2009 at 12:33 PM
Dischorran
Nuntar wrote:
I would like to be crossed off the list as a protest against the way the running of this contest was mishandled.
:huh

08-10-2009 at 02:27 PM
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
Nuntar wrote:

Protests are usually more effective when you say what exactly you're protesting about.

08-10-2009 at 07:35 PM
brian_s
Rank Points: 587
NiroZ wrote:
Hyperme
minimike98
brian_s 3rd
Sillyman 2nd
Neveragain 1st
techant

Why am I listed as third place when I got second in the contest? And why are there six entrants listed here when there were eight in the contest?
08-11-2009 at 01:54 AM
NiroZ
Your counting hyperme twice, and Nuntar once (Who seems to be upset with the time limit. Why he didn't complain about it when it could have made a difference is beyond me). I'll fix the typo making your 3rd place now.
08-11-2009 at 02:40 AM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Nuntar wrote:
I would like to be added to the list as a protest in favor of the way the running of this contest was handled.

Wait, if pro is the opposite of con, doesn't that mean a protest is the very opposite of a contest?
08-11-2009 at 11:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
NiroZ wrote:
Your counting hyperme twice, and Nuntar once (Who seems to be upset with the time limit. Why he didn't complain about it when it could have made a difference is beyond me).
Because I knew it wouldn't make a difference, and I still had some hope until the end that things might work out. :no

[Last edited by Nuntar at 08-11-2009 12:01 PM]
08-11-2009 at 11:58 AM
hyperme
Rank Points: 1055
It does seem for monthly contests we usually don't have much 'month' to use. The middle of the month is usually when the contest show up. I've never seen this explained other than things that are excusy.

08-11-2009 at 03:06 PM
Dischorran
hyperme wrote:
It does seem for monthly contests we usually don't have much 'month' to use. The middle of the month is usually when the contest show up. I've never seen this explained other than things that are excusy.
Says the guy who found time for two entries anyway. Given the nature of this forum as a place with a whole bunch of people with heavy outside schedules who don't have it as their day job, a little slack needs to be built in. While criticism's fair, you and Nuntar seem to be going a little overboard here, especially since it's only appearing after the fact.

08-11-2009 at 04:35 PM
Nuntar
Dischorran wrote:
Given the nature of this forum as a place with a whole bunch of people with heavy outside schedules who don't have it as their day job, a little slack needs to be built in.
That was precisely my point -- being restricted to a few days made it impossible to fit working on the contest around my day job.

While criticism's fair, you and Nuntar seem to be going a little overboard here, especially since it's only appearing after the fact.
Yes, but it wasn't until after the fact that the disparity between the entries became obvious. You may say it should have been obvious in advance, and maybe you're right, but I'm one of those fools who likes to have hope, so what can I say?

08-11-2009 at 06:30 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Nuntar wrote:
Yes, but it wasn't until after the fact that the disparity between the entries became obvious. You may say it should have been obvious in advance, and maybe you're right, but I'm one of those fools who likes to have hope, so what can I say?
Color me confused. Everyone had the same short time limit, didn't they? How did the fact that the time limit was so short cause a disparity in the entries?
08-12-2009 at 05:14 AM
Nuntar
I did try to cover that point in my original post, back in the other topic... never mind. None of this matters any more now.

08-15-2009 at 01:31 PM
NiroZ
NiroZ wrote:
hyperme
Neather2
jbluestein
Pekka
Tahnan 1st
blorx1
Tim
techant
coppro
The Stew Boy
eb0ny
Fang
noma 2nd
shade1985
Sillyman
Nuntar
Jutt
Dr. Murphy
Brian_s 3rd

Run by NiroZ

[Last edited by NiroZ at 09-04-2009 08:04 PM]
09-04-2009 at 10:18 AM
Mazer
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 162
I was awarded the 2nd place prize twice from the Limited Room RPG contest. Can somebody fix that?
10-12-2009 at 04:37 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Mazer wrote:
I was awarded the 2nd place prize twice from the Limited Room RPG contest. Can somebody fix that?
Your honesty warms my heart. I'm fine with you keeping the extra prize. :)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-15-2009 at 10:26 PM
Page 5 of 6
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : The Complete List of Contest Participants
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com