Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Killing Jar: 1S2W
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
RubellaGolda
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 52
IP: Logged

File: KillingJar1S2W.png (76.1 KB)
Downloaded 64 times.
License: Other
icon Killing Jar: 1S2W (0)  
As an excursion from level 8 of the original hold, I downloaded the Killing Jar as it was advertised as one of the few less difficult than Dugan's.

I like this one very much (my first brain bashing experience!) but now I have to admit to be stumped by this roach-only chamber...1S2W

I have tried all eight starting squares to hit the orb, and tried to get down to the trapdoors for cover, but I cannot find a way to even halfway down :~(

Can somebody give me a hint?

PS is this the first question in the hints forum about a user created hold?

[Edited by RubellaGolda on 12-03-2003 at 04:13 PM GMT: attach a picture of the room]
12-03-2003 at 04:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Killing Jar: 1S2W (0)  
Click here to view the secret text

I believe that this is the first post on the Hints forum about a user made hold; usually we just ask for hints within the original post on the Architecture board. For one thing, you don't always know if the room is even solveable or not. And since they are works in progress they are likely to change. The completed holds would make more sense to be discussed here. But it does look like The Killing Jar is pretty much completed, so hopefully this room won't change.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-03-2003 at 04:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RubellaGolda
Rank Points: 52

Thanks! I now finished the Killing Jar :w00t :w00t
I liked it, just on my current level.

Back to level eight of Dugan's ....
12-04-2003 at 09:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
cbemom
Rank Points: 36
This is an old hint, so maybe I'm the only person that doesn't get it :(

I've tried doing the way this room is suggested, but still die before I'm halfway down the room - could someone give a little more detailed hint to this poor stuck roachling?

hmm? pretty please?

11-22-2004 at 09:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
icon Re: Killing Jar: 1S2W (+1)  
It's a little tricky if you're not used to using diagonal slashing while moving. As it was said above start with the sword facing NE when you strike the orb, then...
Click here to view the secret text
From there you should be able to retreat to the trap doors.

11-22-2004 at 10:37 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
cbemom
This is really frustrating, where am I standing when I hit the orb? I've tried the two spots, and I get killed in two moves - aaggh!

11-23-2004 at 12:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tscott
cbemom wrote:
This is really frustrating, where am I standing when I hit the orb? I've tried the two spots, and I get killed in two moves - aaggh!
If the sword is facing NE, as stated above, there should only be one place you can stike the orb, i.e. the square just SW of the orb.

11-23-2004 at 12:47 AM
cbemom
Do I have a differant version?

That's where I was standing, and I die in three moves - Do you have a demo?

11-23-2004 at 12:53 AM
Tscott

File: TKJ The dark basement 1S2W Victory.demo (875 bytes)
Downloaded 71 times.
License: Other
See attached demo.

11-23-2004 at 03:52 AM
cbemom
oh yea - east is right, west is left ;)

took a few more tries, but I got it - thanks.

[Sheepishisly crawls away to check her sixth graders geography book]

11-23-2004 at 04:09 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Killing Jar: 1S2W
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com