Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : Jayisgames.com side note.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
IP: Logged
icon Jayisgames.com side note. (+1)  
It may not be much, but jayisgames just made a little mention to DROD on the front page. Yay :).
10-01-2007 at 05:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Rank Points: 339
icon Re: Jayisgames.com side note. (0)  
Woo! Woo!

10-02-2007 at 08:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Jayisgames.com side note. (+1)  
10-02-2007 at 09:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BDR
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
That is their "Featured Download" feature. AFAICT that includes all the not-free downloads they've reviewed, so yes, DROD shows up, but it's not *solely* limited to DROD. ;)
10-02-2007 at 06:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
Jay wrote:
Jay - Replay 2 is probably one of the more under appreciated titles from our previous competition. The game has a bit of a rustic appearance and the somewhat clunky feel to the controls (as John mentioned) may be enough to turn off the more casual gamers out there. But those who appreciate the intellectual challenge of puzzle games like Deadly Rooms of Death (DRoD) will find there is a deep and rewarding experience offered within. With the help of a seasoned Flash graphics artist and a revisit to the underlying engine that handles the controls, Replay 3 has the potential to really turn heads. Keep up the great work you're doing, Caleb and team, and cheers for a great puzzle game entry! =)
10-02-2007 at 09:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BDR
That's Jay's additional input to the original review for the game, which I was a bit hasty in saying was *just* featured downloads, but which is still in general something that shows reviews of games that have come before. Not that the side mention of DROD isn't nice or notable, but it's accidental and not intentional.
10-03-2007 at 12:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Sillyman
Not intentional? It's intentional. He SAID it, for crying out loud. He mentioned DROD in hand-crafted text, specifically meant to go there.

10-03-2007 at 07:21 AM
jbluestein
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1670
Sillyman wrote:
Not intentional? It's intentional. He SAID it, for crying out loud. He mentioned DROD in hand-crafted text, specifically meant to go there.

Is it possible that you guys may be arguing about two different things? The mention of DROD in the review of another game is clearly intentional. The sidebar download...is it random? I assume that BDR meant that the fact that there was a sidebar was serendipitous.

Josh

10-03-2007 at 03:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Um... BDR did mention the bit quoted. Maybe the review fell off the front page by the time of BDR's second post? That's probably the confusion-causer. It WAS there a few days ago.

10-03-2007 at 08:42 PM
zonhin
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 99
Sillyman wrote:
I don't think that you're as silly as your screen name implies.

Till time went and told me to say hello but wave goodbye
10-04-2007 at 12:48 AM
BDR
I'm saying that the fact that that particular review with the mention of DROD was there, as opposed to another review not mentioning DROD, was serendipitous and thus not really special. The fact that it was there does not hinder my assertion any; also, I'm pretty sure that it's not really under anyone's control what shows up there, *besides* the fact that everything that shows up there was either reviewed before or, it seems, is one of the "Featured Downloads".

You can best see what I'm trying to talk about by refreshing the main page a few times. Different stuff appears near the top at random.

...Now that I think about it, there could be some confusion goin' on. I didn't check the date of the topic creation, and when I looked at the page it was a few days later with said actual review no longer at the top of regular submissions yet in the box I speak of, I presumed that one look was taken and the stuff was posted. Er, oops.
10-04-2007 at 01:30 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : Jayisgames.com side note.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com