Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Let Wraithwings Land!
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
IP: Logged
icon Let Wraithwings Land! (0)  
So...
DROD.net saysAs a natural inhabitant of the Eighth and dungeons, these flying demons are considered to be pests by the Empire. Although they are one of the few dungeon creatures that can fly, they are unable to fly very well, sticking as low to the ground as possible to prevent strong air currents from throwing them about. Wraithwings are rather large creatures, and while they have very strong leg muscles, their forearms are very weak, meaning that extensive flapping is required to keep them even remotely above ground.

Outside of dungeons, wraithwings tend to live in expansive and deserted lowlands, which allow them to live in solitude. This makes a good habitat until the floods hit in the summer, which cause them to migrate into dungeons. Because of the strong leg muscles, they can cross deep chasms that many other monsters are unable to cross.

Even though it isn't explicitely stated, I do get the impression that wraithwings land. Therefore I think that they should be able to trigger pressure plates. This would also fix some problems with the spitemaster's upcoming hold called Val Unrich.

I just realized that I wasn't clear enough. I want only a player that plays a wraithwing to be able to do that.
And also, should there be trouble because someone creates a hold that implies a flying creature not triggering them, Player Role = Fegundo can be used.

[Last edited by Dex Stewart at 09-18-2007 11:52 AM]
09-18-2007 at 11:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1501
IP: Logged
icon Re: Let Wraithwings Land! (+1)  
The wraithwings flying capabilities are severely underestimated. I've seen a lot of holds in which they can fly above fiery pits of mothingness for cycles on end. Either it wasn't a wraithwing that the author of that quote has witnessed, or they evolved over time, not unlike spiders.

I think the current distinction that flying creatures can fly over pits and don't trigger pressure plates is very good, and complicating it further by dividing fliers into subgroups is unnecessary.

The desired effect can be easily achieved with scripting.

09-18-2007 at 12:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Let Wraithwings Land!
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com