Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Finish the variable sequence...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
IP: Logged
icon Finish the variable sequence... (0)  
Inspired by the "Finish the sequence" thread, I've just thought about a variant... this time, the amount of mod points given to a post counts as the last number in the series.

The idea is to create a sequence which you can explain (of 5 numbers originally, let's say). Every time you get modded for giving a valid explanation as to what *should* be next in the series, you then have to explain what the next one would be if your new mod point total counts as being the 6th number in your sequence.

I realise this will never catch on, but wow, that would be an insane idea... :)
[/mind boggle]
09-12-2007 at 04:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
BeefontheBone
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 184
icon Re: Finish the variable sequence... (0)  
Righto. This is simply a sequence of repeating zeroes.

Surely the modder should have to post to explain the sequence above, though? Otherwsie we won't know we're supposed to be changing the posts without checking all the time. Might be a good idea to include what the sequence was when you posted too, so other mods don't make you look stupid :)

09-12-2007 at 08:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
RRodgers
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 33
icon Re: Finish the variable sequence... (+1)  
For the first time in my life I got to post in an obscure, ancient thread for no reason whatsoever after months of inactivity.

I feel like a super-villain. :yay
12-25-2009 at 06:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Welcome back. Where have you been? Why did you leave?

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 12-25-2009 10:06 PM]
12-25-2009 at 10:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RRodgers
12th Archivist wrote:
Welcome back. Where have you been? Why did you leave?
Thanks! It's nice to update myself again, though I am afraid it will be a short visit. I've been on a working-spree and mainly forgot the Internet existed. In a place with a modem but no coverage, it's kind of difficult to stay in touch with everything. And I'll have to go back in a month or so, but hopefully with a stable connection.

I know my company is just great, and thousands mourned my short leave; they just won't admit it. :glasses
12-27-2009 at 12:57 PM
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
RRodgers wrote:
Thanks! It's nice to update myself again, though I am afraid it will be a short visit. I've been on a working-spree and mainly forgot the Internet existed. In a place with a modem but no coverage, it's kind of difficult to stay in touch with everything. And I'll have to go back in a month or so, but hopefully with a stable connection.

I know my company is just great, and thousands mourned my short leave; they just won't admit it. :glasses
Yep. No coverage has usually been the bane of internet users. Was there anything else you had to temporarily abandon during your working spree?

Well, some people probably noticed you hadn't posted in a while. So let's see... There haven't been any major Caravel releases since you last posted. You probably saw Smitemaster for Hire go live. Patch 3.3 of TCB and 1.2 of RPG are still in progress. Frogs and Mice is somewhere down the pipeline (it won't be finished before 2010, that's for sure). But The Next Big Project is the forumites' Next Big Hope for a Caravel Release. Hopefully it will accumulate more percentage before February.

This information will be updated later. Enjoy your stay!

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!

[Last edited by 12th Archivist at 02-12-2011 02:11 AM]
12-27-2009 at 08:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
12-27-2009 at 09:01 PM
RRodgers
Thanks!

Was there anything else you had to temporarily abandon during your working spree?
Small question; big answer. One of the things I missed the most was free time. Actually, I was using was used to be my free time! No more twiddling toes and watching the cat sleep.

Next year, I might get an on-site assignment. The problem is that the slave-drivers tend not to authorize playing games containing depictions of giant roaches. Don't ask me why, though. And I am not sure how free my internet access will be, so I may still be a seasonal forumite.

Oh. Sorry for not saying goodbye first! I must admit - to my shame - that this forum was one of the last things on my mind.
12-29-2009 at 08:29 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Finish the variable sequence...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com