Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Savepoints at hold level
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Syntax
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1218
IP: Logged
icon Savepoints at hold level (+2)  
This is a feature request for the restore screen. The issue here is when restoring a hold which has been updated (whilst testing)or when wanting to continue playing the hold after helping on the H&S thread, "Continue Playing Game" will either take you to the start, or to where you last helped out. In linear holds, it's usually not too hard to work out where to restore to so as to continue the hold. Free-roaming holds however can be almost impossible - I'm thinking the Metdroid series for example.

In my case, I restored to several rooms whilst trying to give hints to other players, and then stopped played the hold for ages. I've now no idea where to restore to so I can continue, and will probably never finish the hold.

My request would thus be to be able to view all the savepoints for a given hold by timestamp in one place. This would allow to restore back to a specific point in time which could make more sense when restoring to various points in a hold.
09-05-2007 at 09:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Savepoints at hold level
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No