Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
coppro
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1308
IP: Logged
icon Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (+1)  
I had a 2-page review posted, but then @#%#^&!ing Internet Explorer (I'm not on my computer) decides to 404 when I hit Post Message, and I lost the ENTIRE BLEEPING THING. I can't even refresh the page to resend the postdata.

Gone.

My entire review on what I though of the game.

Vamousse.

In lieu of that, it's a great game, with only a few minor flaws. Get it.
09-03-2007 at 05:06 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (0)  
I'm actually really disappointed with it so far. Just the Metroid fanboy in me though, I'm sure it's a great game and I will enjoy it once I can get past the fanboyness, but it's kind of hard to do right now. :smile Lets see:

Minor Story Spoilers
Click here to view the secret text

Minor Boss Spoilers:

I'm not going to get into the rest because even now I know that they are stupid fanboyish reasons that don't really hold merit.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 09-03-2007 09:49 PM]
09-03-2007 at 11:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Fanboy alert: Kraid was the officer-in-charge of the Zebes operations. It doesn't make much sense to bring him back. Ridley's the leader of the Space Pirates, and Mother Brain is the Zebes computer system that was (I assume) hacked by the Space Pirates when they invaded Zebes in the backstory of the Metroid series.

And that's why 'Mother Brain' is everywhere in Prime 3 and Ridley keeps popping up in the Metroid series.

[Last edited by Mattcrampy at 09-03-2007 11:53 AM]
09-03-2007 at 11:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
I know, but they keep cloning Ridley after death, why not Kraid too. I like my giant two-story lizards you give you suit upgrades.

*Sigh* I guess I'll just go back to Super Metroid then.

[Last edited by Ezlo at 09-03-2007 09:49 PM]
09-03-2007 at 12:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (+1)  
I like how Ezlo is (un?)intentionally throwing the DROD name into the Metroid universe.

09-03-2007 at 07:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Unintentional. :look
09-03-2007 at 09:50 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
I just beat the third Seed and completed the Valhalla on Friday, but then had to travel this weekend so will hopefully finish the game on Tuesday night. I think my only complaint is that I have to use the Friend stuff to get the green badges. The gameplay has been great, the bosses were fun, and the worlds were very interesting.

I decided to use the Standard sensitivity setting. I just was too annoyed at the way that Advanced moved the camera all the time unless the cursor was exactly in the middle of the screen, and I just couldn't hold it steady enough to keep it from moving. So I suppose I am a bit slower turning with Standard but it's fast enough that I've never really wished it was better. I don't really understand why some reviews say that Advanced is the closest to a PC FPS, even on those games I can just stop moving the mouse and my view will stay the same, with Corruption on Advanced I just couldn't do that. Anyway, not really a gripe since I had other options.

Oh, and on this trip I needed my Metroid fix so much that I broke out Hunters for the DS again and was actually able to pick it up right where I left off and beat the boss I had been having trouble on right away, and then proceeded to progress quite well. And now that I think about it, Hunters is almost like the Advanced sensitivity of Corruption, except that it's easy to force the view to stay the same: just don't touch the touchscreen. But I realize that you can't really do that with the Wii.

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
09-04-2007 at 02:58 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Well, I actually didn't have the Wii during the week, so I didn't play till late Friday. I just detonated the second (third?) Seed's shield. I now have to fight the boss and head on (presumably through the Valhalla). So far, my biggest gripes would have to be the difficulty of a number of the manual controls (the specific manual interaction ones, where you need to perform a specific action with the Wii Remote), and the fact that corrupted mode, if used correctly, is basically free firepower and nigh-invincibility. Personally, I favor the move towards the traditional model of upgrading the weapons by just adding to them, rather than by selection.

The loss of charge combos does sadden me, though. The Sonic Boom looked amazing.

Also Ezlo, have you actually played it yet? From the sounds of things, you've just spoiled yourself on the Internet (I haven't done so myself. Reading this thread is as far as I've gone)
09-04-2007 at 05:00 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Nope, I still have to find one more item for the fetch quest and then I can finish a certain area and head off to what I assume is the final area.
09-04-2007 at 01:29 PM
BeefontheBone
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 184
*is still angry at staggered release dates*

Grr. Like October or something for me (actually, maybe it's the end of this month - keep confusing it with Mario).

09-05-2007 at 07:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Bobpie
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 54
One thing i would like to bring to light is not important to the story. As you might see, when you use the scan visor you can see samus' reflection in it. After the second seed when you use it, you can see the Phazon streaming through her veins. I thought that was really cool.
09-09-2007 at 10:51 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
This makes me incredibly sad that my Nintendo Wii is still at my old house.

09-10-2007 at 01:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Ok, I bought this a couple of weeks ago and am approaching the end (up to the flying corrupted AU head) and I have a couple of questions.

* Why the crap do I need to have friends to see some of the bonus stuff? That sucks enough that I might write an angry letter to someone.

* Is there anything I can do with all these extra ship missiles I've got?

* Because I've been looking for all the extra bits, I get a bonus ending due to collecting 75% of them. Does this mean I miss out on the regular ending?

==

Some positive comments (this is my first non-stepping Metroid game):

* Being able to turn into a ball is awesome.
* Shooting doors to open them is also awesome.
12-11-2007 at 03:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (+2)  
Rabscuttle wrote:

* Why the crap do I need to have friends to see some of the bonus stuff? That sucks enough that I might write an angry letter to someone.

I have the same problem. Get my Wii number, give me yours, and I'll send you a bunch of green tokens.

* Because I've been looking for all the extra bits, I get a bonus ending due to collecting 75% of them. Does this mean I miss out on the regular ending?

The way it normally works is that they play an extra scene after the regular ending. The 2D games work differently - they measure time as well, and the ending screen traditionally shows Samus out of her suit when the game is completed under either 2 or 3 hours - usually, a tight deadline, one that requires players to know exactly where they're going.

Some positive comments (this is my first non-stepping Metroid game):

* Being able to turn into a ball is awesome.
* Shooting doors to open them is also awesome.

I suggest tracking down the first game in the series, Metroid Prime, if you're looking for more along these lines. The lock-in system is more crucial to that game, and instead of straight upgrades to the weapons, they're all used separately. There's also some elaborations on the visor ideas, and it's on one sprawling planet instead of four.

[Last edited by Mattcrampy at 12-11-2007 04:13 AM]
12-11-2007 at 03:58 AM
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
Mattcrampy wrote:
Rabscuttle wrote:

I have the same problem. Get my Wii number, give me yours, and I'll send you a bunch of green tokens.

First I need to work out how to connect it up to the net. My laptop doesn't want to act as a go-between. I should just shell out for an actual wireless router (ooh, Christmas present idea!) I wants me some Ocarinaction, dammit!

12-11-2007 at 04:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5064
I think I'll be getting this game for Christmas. I'm so looking forward to it.

I'll probably take someone up on that Friend code offer to unlock bonus content once I figure out what the deal is there...

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-11-2007 at 05:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rabscuttle wrote:
* Is there anything I can do with all these extra ship missiles I've got?
You can use them on regular enemies as well as the few locations that you need them to get through a blockage. I never used them in that way, but when I play through again on a higher difficulty I might be tempted.

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-11-2007 at 10:58 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
I've played the first game, but never played the second. I'm considering getting this one. Wise decision?

01-04-2008 at 03:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zonhin
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 99
Yeah, it's a good game. I just got it recently for Christmas, actually. I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Till time went and told me to say hello but wave goodbye
01-04-2008 at 04:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
If you played Metroid Prime 1, then yeah, don't worry too much about skipping Echoes. I mean, I liked Echoes, and I'd recommend getting it some time, but I don't play the Metroid games for the story. Corruption stands on its own just fine.

01-04-2008 at 05:21 AM
Ezlo
I would say play Echoes, because in my opinion it is the best. But apparently I'm in the VERY small minority, so don't trust my judgement.
01-04-2008 at 05:29 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com