Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : TIGsource's 50 Really Good Indie Games
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
trick
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2580
IP: Logged
icon TIGsource's 50 Really Good Indie Games (+3)  
The good folks over at TIGsource made a list of some really good indie games after they decided they weren't entirely happy with some of the other lists out there, and Derek Yu then proceeded to pick 50 games from that (with the goal of making a list showing not only good games but also diversity), and made it a feature -- 50 Really Good Indie Games. (This is actually part two in a series, part one is well worth a read too). DROD actually wasn't originally among the 50, but then someone (anyone from around here?) commented on its absence in the comments to the announcement (comparing it to Half-Life, of all things). Derek saw this and realized he'd made a horrible, horrible mistake, threw out Gamma Bros from the list (which, incidentally, is also a good game), and replaced it with DROD.

Thus, DROD is now part of the list at #43, and it's in really good company, too. I've played most of the other games on the list before, and they really are really good, so check them out if you haven't already. (There's links to similarly really good games there, too, and also the full list made by the TIGsource forum members.)

08-09-2007 at 11:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: TIGsource's 50 Really Good Indie Games (0)  
Heh heh. Poor Gamma Brothers.

I did not know we made the "Half-Life of Puzzle Games". Awesome!

-Erik

08-09-2007 at 02:26 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: TIGsource's 50 Really Good Indie Games (+1)  
I would have gone with the System Shock 2 of puzzle games, myself, but okay.

Frankly, I'm much more impressed that we were missed - it's one thing to make a list of exemplary indy games, but it's quite another to have someone say "how could we forget?" and put you in after the fact as opposed to making excuses of why it just missed out.

It does suggest that all DROD probably needs is some better press.

08-09-2007 at 03:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Press Clippings : TIGsource's 50 Really Good Indie Games
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com