Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : DragonForce MEGATHREAD (A megathread for my favourite band.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
vittro
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 479
IP: Logged
icon DragonForce MEGATHREAD (+1)  
DRAGONFORCE - English Metal band born in 1999. Still active.

DragonForce is a Metal/Power Metal band, which sings with epic or fantastical lyrics and uses twin-guitars and keyboards to create an awesome musical atmosphere. DragonForce is composed of 6 members.

ZP Theart : He's the main vocalist of the band. ZP's voice is a relatively rare voice-type among men, known as countertenor. He usually sings in high-pitch.

Herman Li : Herman Li uses an Electric Guitar and it's a backing vocalist. Li draws influences from video game music and mimics sounds from popular retro games from late 80's, early 90's arcade and PC Engine games. For example, Li has been known for making several Pac-Man type noises in the song "Through the Fire and Flames" on Inhuman Rampage. He is also noted as being able to mimic other noises such as motorcycles and a neighing horse.

Sam Totman : Lead and rhythm guitarist. He's also a vocalist. Totman is the writer of many of the songs from DragonForce, and he's also the main composer of the band.

Vadim Pruzhanov : He's the keyboardist. Vadim recently switched to playing a Keytar in order to be able to move about whilst playing at the extreme speeds for which DragonForce are known. Pruzhanov is well known amongst the DragonForce fan community for his frantic headbanging and extremely fast, techno/video game inspired keyboard solos.

Dave Mackintosh : He's the drummer and backup vocalist. Dave was influenced by Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy, Tommy Aldridge, Charlie Benante, Ingo Schwichtenberg, Nicko McBrain, Jonny Maudling, Vinnie Paul.

Frédéric Leclercq : He's the bassist. His passion for Heavy Metal music started at the age of 12. Leclercq is influenced by various guitarists such as Uli Jon Roth, Adrian Smith, Trey Azagthoth and Marty Friedman.

---

DragonForce's discography comprends of three released discs :

Inhuman Rampage(2006)
Valley of the Damned (2004)
Sonic Firestorm (2004)

Their musical videos are :

* "Through the Fire and Flames", from Inhuman Rampage
* "Operation Ground and Pound", from Inhuman Rampage

---

www.dragonforce.com

From here you can download a sample : Soldiers of the Wasteland

This megathread was written with info from Wikipedia and Dragonforce's site. Please post here all errors/typos you find and your opinions on the band.

---

Videos!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=q3M2X4ZAH_w Through the fire and flames
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yIiJYHRFpvE Operation ground and pound
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nEeoCGzENso My spirit will go on
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ovOCjBL1nPU Storming the burning fields

---

Complete discography :

INHUMAN RAMPAGE 2006
1.Through the Fire and Flames
2.Revolution Deathsquad
3.Storming the Burning Fields
4.Operation Ground and Pound
5.Body Breakdown
6.Cry for Eternity
7.The Flame of Youth
8.Trail of Broken Hearts

SONIC FIRESTORM 2004
1.Above the Winter Moonlight
2.Cry of the Brave
3.Dawn Over A New World
4.Fields of Despair
5.Fury of the Storm
6.My Spirit Will Go on
7.Once in A Lifetime
8.Prepare for War
9.Soldiers of the Wasteland

VALLEY OF THE DAMNED 2004
1.Invocation of the Apocaliptic Evil
2.Valley of the Damned
3.Black Fire
4.Black Winter Night
5.Starfire
6.Disciples of Babylon
7.Revelations
8.Evening Star
9.Heart of a Dragon
10.Where Dragons Rule

---

IF YOU DON'T CARE DON'T POST
IF YOU LIKE RATE AND COMMENT

---
End.

[Last edited by vittro at 08-06-2007 01:32 PM]
08-06-2007 at 12:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Yellow_Mage
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
icon Re: DragonForce MEGATHREAD (0)  
I could only really like DragonForce because they are British, but I don't really find them of great interest because they were terrible live has my friends keep on saying, and they were the ones that liked them in the first place.

I have two of their albums, and the prodution quality is great. Pretty samey throughout but it's great party music. Any songs I could like of them are Fury of the Storm and Operation Ground and Pound. It was pretty incidental that they both sound similar when they happen to be the only tracks left on my laptop (which I only keep the music I REALLY like on it). They also make good Stepmania songs as I recall...

They could be called Power/what I call 'cheese' metal, not black. They pretty much have the same tempo with most of their songs, it just that they are long they end up having a slow break 3/5th into a song.

Click here to view the secret text

08-06-2007 at 01:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
vittro
I never heard them from live, so I can't confirm your voices. I'll search around some forums.

http://video.google.it/videoplay?docid=1569042369162267139&q=dragonforce They don't sound bad.

[Last edited by vittro at 08-06-2007 01:22 AM]
08-06-2007 at 01:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
roach strangler
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 57
Very nice choice of band! ;)
I suggest if you like dragon force try these bands: Metallica, Megadeath, Killswitch engage, shadows fall, Iron Maiden, Linken Park is not bad (their new songs aren't that great), Tenacious D (They swear alot.) These are for the hard rock fans! :D

By the way I could name a whole million of them but I chose some of the best. :P

[Last edited by roach strangler at 08-06-2007 04:30 AM]
08-06-2007 at 04:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: DragonForce MEGATHREAD (-1)  
vittro wrote:
Do not want.

Next.

(Can't have all positive reactions in here...)

[Last edited by Briareos at 08-06-2007 08:16 AM]
08-06-2007 at 08:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
lakibuk
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 93
Yellow_Mage wroteThey could be called Power/what I call 'cheese' metal, not black.
Yes, judging from the video they don't sound too black and remind me of Iron Maiden. The singer even uses the same posture while doing his work.

Briareos wrote
Do not want.

Next.
Haha, revenge of the techno scene. For the countless comments of metal fans saying how bad techno (/hiphop) is.
I happen to like all three genres. Can't stand jazz and classic though.

08-06-2007 at 09:18 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Briareos wrote:
vittro wrote:
Do not want.

Next.

(Can't have all positive reactions in here...)

I'm not really a fan of metal, but I don't see why DragonForce fans can't have their own thread, free of people who aren't interested in the topic. This was unnecessary.

08-06-2007 at 09:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Mattcrampy wrote:
I'm not really a fan of metal, but I don't see why DragonForce fans can't have their own thread, free of people who aren't interested in the topic. This was unnecessary.
*shrug*

08-06-2007 at 10:34 AM
vittro
Added discography and some videos.

08-06-2007 at 01:33 PM
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
lakibuk wrote:
Haha, revenge of the techno scene. For the countless comments of metal fans saying how bad techno (/hiphop) is.
I happen to like all three genres. Can't stand jazz and classic though.

I also like all three genres(and like some Dragonforce songs, the ones that aren't repetitive as hell), however I still love www.stophiphop.de (especially that first article :) ).
08-06-2007 at 04:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Yellow_Mage
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 267
Heh. When I get asked what music I like, I nearly always reply with, "Good music."

Ok, DragonForce are ok, not my favourite, but you can't hate them.

When first read the description of influences I was thinking of Machinae Supremacy. They could be called labelled within Black Metal, but they call themselves SID Metal. Very videogame influenced rock. Plus the lead vocalist makes me laugh as well. In some songs he sings punk, other he sings metal in the style Guns n Roses vocalist Axl Rose, others he sounds nearly like the vocalist in Korn, Jonathan Davis. Also with the strange coincidence that I tend to like Swedish bands, which I love Cult of Luna (post-Metal/progressibe metal, similar to Neurosis and Isis), seriously. I kinda like Snook (Swedish hiphop) as well... :3

I don't know why I like Swedes so much... [/ramble]

Sonic Firestorm is probably thei best album.

Click here to view the secret text

08-06-2007 at 11:44 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : DragonForce MEGATHREAD (A megathread for my favourite band.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com