Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Beta Hold Testers cannot play hold for highscores until beta board is deleted
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Jason
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1076
IP: Logged
icon Beta Hold Testers cannot play hold for highscores until beta board is deleted (0)  
Long title, but that's the thing. All versions of the hold show as the beta "red" in the 'Change Location Screen' And the description says: This hold is in beta testing. I'm guessing that it checks:

1. if has a beta board - turn it red
2. If has a hold - allow highscores

So could that order be switched? I was testing the Forbidden Fortress, but the beta board still hasn't been deleted, so I can't play the hold for highscores.

08-04-2007 at 06:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
IP: Logged
icon Re: Beta Hold Testers cannot play hold for highscores until beta board is deleted (0)  
In fact, I found myself extraordinarily confused as to why I couldn't download the hold. Eventually I discovered that it wasn't listed in the CaravelNet Holds that I hadn't downloaded, because I had the beta version.

So I deleted the beta version and then (after, I think, quitting and restarting) there were two downloads available, one in beta-version red and one not. I downloaded the latter and played it for high scores without a problem.

This should probably still be fixed--though it should probably be under "Site" and not "Bugs"--but there's a workaround in the meantime.
08-04-2007 at 07:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Beta Hold Testers cannot play hold for highscores until beta board is deleted
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com