Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : DROD end
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
squeekie
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 140
IP: Logged
icon DROD end (0)  
Well, I feel a mix of emotions. I just finished DROD. I feel like "now what?". I guess I'll lay off for a while ( an hour ) and replay the game. It's been 5 months full of happy, pissed and you name it feelings. Thanks for all you people for your kind help. :~)

11-15-2003 at 11:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
icon Re: DROD end (0)  
Congratulations! I think there is a list of Smitemaster's on drod.net someplace you should be added to.
11-16-2003 at 12:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
I suppose you could play it again if you wanted to, but why not partake of the wealth of user-made holds that await you in the Architecture forum? Several of them are totally completed so you don't have to worry about finishing it and then having to download a new version. I think there is a post in "The Site" forum which asks which ones are completed. Or you can wait for a few more days (hopefully) when Schik and Mattcrampy are able to get the final hold submission process done, where you'll be able to easily find completed holds from the main DROD page as well as a new forum.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-16-2003 at 01:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
squeekie
Actually, I tried building my own and I was surprised how hard it really is. I will brobably have fun with that for awhile. I replayed the first 3 levels of DROD in under 2 hours tonight, so it's a bit too easy after finishing the harder last levels just 5 hours ago. I will check into the members builds. I did email the webmaster with the answer so I look forward to being amonst you people. :eyes

[Edited by squeekie on 11-16-2003 at 05:50 AM GMT]

11-16-2003 at 05:46 AM
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
You're up!

Incidentally, I just got a rather nasty scare while running Ad-Aware. News at 11.

Matt

11-16-2003 at 07:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
squeekie
A nasty scare from my post? I just ran Adaware myself and got one from Eudora mail which I don't use anymore. Film at 11.

[Edited by squeekie on 11-17-2003 at 09:47 PM GMT]

11-17-2003 at 08:45 PM
dividendD
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 44
I am so good at the first,second and third levels, I can beat them in about an hour!
12-06-2003 at 03:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I always take longer on the first couple levels when I play them right after finishing the game, because I have to readjust to not having the roaches controlled by a brain. Even when I grabbed Caravel after finishing Webfoot five months before, I had to adjust. Go go gadget AI!

12-06-2003 at 05:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jjohn7418
Rank Points: 161
Yippeee!

Today I finished DROD. I only had one problem, when the story was being told, the program ends around the 5th level and exits.

Overall this was agreat game to play, I have no idea how long it took me to complete. I think I will start again and this time time my efforts.

Thanks to everyone that helped with hints and such. Also great job to everyone that contributed to the development of this game. Are there any others in the works?

Thanks Jim J. :D

12-06-2003 at 07:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
jjohn7418 wrote:
I only had one problem, when the story was being told, the program ends around the 5th level and exits.

This probably means that you switched versions of DROD in the middle of your journey. There is another post somewhere around here where agaricus5 lists the rooms necessary to beat in order to see the full ending. What happened is that the serpent AI and the roach queen spawning rate changed, so some of your demos have become invalid. Just beat those few rooms again to see the full ending.

Thanks to everyone that helped with hints and such. Also great job to everyone that contributed to the development of this game. Are there any others in the works?

Officially, DROD 1.7 will be coming out next year sometime, with lots of new monsters and objects for free, and an official sequel hold which will cost money. Unofficially, there are several user-made holds created in the Architect's Edition that you can import and play. The Holds forum has finished ones, while the Architecture forum is the home for works in progress. Go ahead and try them out!

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-06-2003 at 07:37 PM
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
jjohn7418 wrote:
I only had one problem, when the story was being told, the program ends around the 5th level and exits.

This happened to me, too, on a different level each time, and I had to play it about 10 times before it got all the way through. Then, I got a faster computer, and it hasn't not worked since.

Are there any others in the works?

1.6 is the Architect's Edition, where you can build your own holds and play other people's 1.7 will have lots of new monsters and tiles, etc. and is still in the making.

[Edited by The_Red_Hawk on 12-06-2003 at 07:40 PM GMT: Yay! With this post, I'm the only the second person to have an average of 4 posts per day!]

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
12-06-2003 at 07:38 PM
jjohn7418
Rank Points: 161
How do you play a hold? I downloaded the file in the hold section, now how do I start the program?

12-06-2003 at 07:49 PM
Oneiromancer
Well, there is a Help file for DROD, which you can get to from the title screen, but here's a quick explanation. First, the default folder for holds is in the DROD\\Data\\Homemade folder. After you put the hold there you go to the "Where" button from the DROD title screen and click on Import. If you put the hold in the correct folder it will show up right away in the list, if not then you will have to browse for it. Once you finish importing it just make sure it is highlighted in the list, click Okay, then Continue on your way to playing a new hold!

If the Where menu doesn't exist then you have an old version of DROD and you will need to download a new one first.

Game on,

12-06-2003 at 08:01 PM
Timmie26
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
Can u have your saev game i cant finish level 15 :~(
12-20-2003 at 12:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
Which room are you having difficulty with? Everyone's had trouble in some room of level 15, so you can probably find a thread in this forum with help for it.

12-21-2003 at 01:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : DROD end
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com