Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Lone Soldier : Prison : 2 North, 1 West
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
IP: Logged
icon Lone Soldier : Prison : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
I have conquered the Diamond Tar, penetrated the Giant Block of Mud, survived the Brained Babies, dodged my way around the Cornered Queens...and here I am, facing nothing more than 120 squares of tar, and I'm baffled.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: What's even more baffling is that I must have conquered this room before, because I have a high score for the room on the next level. But something must be wrong here, because I have no high score and no demo for the room. (Did it change?)

[Last edited by Tahnan at 07-06-2007 07:08 PM]
07-06-2007 at 07:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rabscuttle
Rank Points: 2460
icon Re: Lone Soldier : Prison : 2 North, 1 West (0)  
Tahnan wrote:
EDIT: What's even more baffling is that I must have conquered this room before, because I have a high score for the room on the next level. But something must be wrong here, because I have no high score and no demo for the room. (Did it change?)

Yes, it changed a while ago.
07-06-2007 at 07:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Grr. I wish I could just download my old (invalid) demo, to see what I did, but clearly that won't work.
07-06-2007 at 07:40 PM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
I worked my way up one side of the room (of course).

I think the important thing is to plan the exact situation each spawn to make sure the tar stays more easily cuttable.

Yeah, so I tend to be terrible at giving hints. Just say if you need more hints and no doubt someone else can give more help or a demo.

Edit: Oh, and I am sorry about altering this room, but it was so easy originally that it really didn't belong in the hold. Now, well I think it fits quite well. ie. nasty mean!

[Last edited by larrymurk at 07-06-2007 10:29 PM]
07-06-2007 at 10:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
Alright... I hate doing this, as I wanted to het through the hold without hints, but I really need help here. Last room on the level and it's driving me crazy. Could anyone please, please be so kind as to give me some more advice? I assume the best advice would be some on how to kill the swarm of babies coming from the other side and still have time left to kill one more mother. I can get quite near (I could definitely do it if the spawn cycle were 32 turns long, maybe even 31), but not near enough.

Please help a lost and desperate soul.

[Last edited by Dex Stewart at 10-29-2007 05:20 PM]
10-29-2007 at 05:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
iamyum
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 64
For me it worked like this. I work my in the left column. There're 3 phases. In phase 1, I "prepare" for the mother to be stabbed by stabbing the neighboring tar. In phase 2, I stab the mother. In phase 3, I clean up the babies from the right. Then repeat.

If you can kill off the babies in the right with roughly 4-5 moves to spare, then you can go ahead and stab some tar to finish phase 1. Don't be afraid to
Click here to view the secret text
after stabbing the tar. Once you can accomplish phase 1 properly, the rest falls apart.

[Last edited by iamyum at 10-30-2007 04:02 PM]
10-30-2007 at 06:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
I still can't get past this room :). Could someone take pity and donate a demo which I will then shamelessly follow move by move :blush ?
02-28-2008 at 04:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911

File: LS Prison 2N1W Victory.demo (2.3 KB)
Downloaded 93 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Lone Soldier : Prison : 2 North, 1 West (+2)  
Dex Stewart wrote:
I still can't get past this room :). Could someone take pity and donate a demo which I will then shamelessly follow move by move :blush ?

Ouch, yes that is a nasty room.
My demo is attached.
02-28-2008 at 05:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Lone Soldier : Prison : 2 North, 1 West
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com