Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Killing the 'Neather...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
PLANET
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon Killing the 'Neather... (0)  
Hello again.

My first question is: in which room besides the last one (that is the 12th) can one kill the \'Neather?

Second one: (just checking :) ): There is NO way to kill the roach before killing the \'Neather, right?

And the last one...
Why the heck \'Neather ? I\'m mostly curious about the \" \' \" part :)

I know the message hardly fits in Hints... but I didn\'t find any other better place to put it... And I heard about killing \'Neather in other rooms before somewhere on DROD.Net

Thank you!
03-21-2003 at 06:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Killing the 'Neather... (+1)  
It was possible to kill the Neather in the room with all of the goblins in Webfoot. I\'m not sure if it\'s still possible in Caravel, but it probably is. I think it\'s 2W. I think the name has something to do with \"beneather\" or something, thereby explaining the \"\'\". Congratulations on finishing the game!

03-21-2003 at 08:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mikko
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 276
icon Re: Killing the 'Neather... (0)  
It is also possible to kill him in the room once north, once west.
03-21-2003 at 10:08 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
How does one do that?

03-21-2003 at 11:13 PM
Tscott
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 382
I was able to kill him in Once North, Twice West- it\'s a cheap trick but...
Click here to view the secret text

03-22-2003 at 06:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Surlyben
Rank Points: 11
PLANET wrote:

And the last one...
Why the heck \'Neather ? I\'m mostly curious about the \" \' \" part :)

This is just a guess, but maybe it\'s short for Beneather?
03-23-2003 at 01:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stuwy
Rank Points: 212
icon Re: Re: Killing the 'Neather... (0)  
Tscott wrote:
I was able to kill him in Once North, Twice West- it\'s a cheap trick but...
Click here to view the secret text

yes, but how do I take the upper left exit without killing the brain? Can you just only do that in Caravel Drod?

04-19-2003 at 06:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
It should work...I think there\'s a path...

04-19-2003 at 07:20 AM
Stuwy
Rank Points: 212
icon Re: Re: Killing the 'Neather... (0)  
zex20913 wrote:
It should work...I think there\'s a path...

there is is pathway, but the \'neather sealed it..

04-19-2003 at 03:45 PM
zex20913
Once you get to the place where the mimic potion is, there\'s an exit to the right. Don\'t use the mimic to kill the brain, and you\'ll be able to kill the Neather in the room on the left, and the right as well, if you missed a roach.

Edited to say: WOOT! This is my 200th post! I\'m a DROD fan, or my name is Shirley.

[Edited by zex20913 on 04-19-2003 at 09:17 AM GMT]

04-19-2003 at 04:16 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
zex: do you mean 1200th?

And this is a good place as any to post that I finally beat the game! Missed the secret room on the 12th level, so I went back and got it and then re-watched that part of the ending. The text for missing the secret was pretty funny, too bad it\'s not possible to easily see all the ending text possibilities, for those that do perfect the first time. For example, I beat level 13 (obviously, since I didn\'t find the secret room on 12), so I have no idea what the ending says about skipping that level.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-20-2003 at 10:00 PM
zex20913
It\'s really my 200th...if you signed up on the first day for the forum, Erik gave 1000 points to you...just for fun and giggles. Take off the 1000 and you\'ll have my true postage. Still quite a bit, and still a majority of posts.

04-20-2003 at 10:13 PM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Ah, I was wondering why some people had more posts than actually existed on the board...I thought there was a rollover from a previous incarnation of the board or something.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
04-21-2003 at 05:13 PM
jdyer
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 329
The kill in the goblin room is definitely still possible, I actually found it before the \"proper\" way to exit.
04-22-2003 at 07:27 AM
PLANET
Rank Points: 12
'ello :) Still playing DROD, this time I'm having fun with Webfoot version (found it finally). Have to admit that Title Screen Music (the AWE version) is one of the best MIDs I've ever heard!

Zex20913 wrote:

> Once you get to the place where the mimic > potion is, there's an exit to the right.
> Don't use the mimic to kill the brain, and > you'll be able to kill the Neather in the > room on the left, and the right as well,
> if you missed a roach.

Well, I checked it several times and IMHO it's NOT possible to kill The Beneather :) in Once North, Once West. The reason? The exit door of the room is a green door, thus ending all cute possibilities to kill 'Neather and so on. Even checked it going the other way round (going back after conquering 1N, 2W) - the room is either empty or impossible to enter the second time you enter it. (all because of the monsters, you simply CAN'T just leave a roach or two :o)

Regards,
Kamil
05-13-2003 at 09:51 PM
zex20913
Very good point. Perhaps I should have checked the hard facts before posting something so silly as that. Good eye!

05-14-2003 at 01:39 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Killing the 'Neather...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com