Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Copy/Paste
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
IP: Logged
icon Copy/Paste (0)  
I'm not sure what everyone else thinks, but I think a copy/paste option should be added to the level editor. It could help a lot of architects in some situations and I believe it would be pretty easy to code (but I might be wrong).

What do you think?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
11-04-2003 at 06:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
icon Re: Copy/Paste (0)  
Well, personally, I think that... um... that functionality already exists. :)

You can copy entire rooms, you can copy a part of a room to another location in the room. Can you copy entire levels? I don't know off-hand.

11-04-2003 at 06:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
But you didn't explain how to do it. ;)

Standard Windows keys will work. Ctrl-X for Cut, Ctrl-C for Copy, and Ctrl-V for Paste.

"Oook!"
11-04-2003 at 07:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Yes, when you are on the first editor screen, there are buttons to copy an entire hold. You can copy rooms one at a time on this screen too, just make sure the room is highlighted in blue, then use the usual Control-C to copy, click on the room you want to replace, then use Control-V to paste. You can also copy and paste within rooms but I don't like the functionality of it so I rarely use it.

All of this information is in the DROD help files, you might want to read those to see if there are other useful things you are unaware of.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
11-04-2003 at 07:11 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
While I'm at it, I cleaned up the triple post.

Oh, and it turns out I'm a collosal idiot. News at 11.

Matt

11-04-2003 at 11:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Copy/Paste
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com