Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : Challenges
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
IP: Logged
icon Challenges (0)  
Now that we can make our own holds, are we allowed to make challenges for holds besides Dugan's Dungeon?

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
11-01-2003 at 03:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Challenges (0)  
I think we should be able to, but maybe not in here. I feel that this is a "challenges for Dugan's" section. It would probably get too crowded if there are other challenges in this section. Maybe another section, or maybe in each hold in the Architecture page. That's just my opinion though. Someone like Mike, Erik, Matt, or Schik should decide

11-01-2003 at 03:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
I agree with you Zex. I think that a separate section for challenges for new holds would be nice.

11-01-2003 at 04:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
I think, once the new "holds" forum for finished holds get added, we could just post hold-specific challenges in each hold's threads. Maybe if one of the bigger holds starts to accumulate enough challenges for this to be unwieldy we'll have to think of new solutions, but I think as a starting point that should work.

A lot of the fan-made holds aren't as good for challenges as Dugan's Dungeon was - many of us try to pack as much as possible into a single room, and often many fan-made rooms have very small margins of error, which sort of reduces the player's options. Even the harder rooms of Dugan's Dungeon often allow for far more ways of solving it than most of the rooms in fan-made holds.

Anyway, we'll have to revisit this question once the version that contains Rooted Hold is released, but I agree that we shouldn't post challenges for fan holds here.

[Edited by eytanz on 11-03-2003 at 03:03 PM GMT: Typos]

11-03-2003 at 03:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Atch
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 81
It is very interesting what you say eytanz for a was thinking about a challenge in your Tomb (of Nomb) 2N, 2E – the hardest DROD room I had encountered before entering Bavato!

I am sure that it against protocol to issue a challenge that you haven’t yourself met but I was just wondering. It is fairly straightforward to kill all the brains in this room but is the order in which you do so critical? Using standard nomenclature, my first attempt killed brains, in order, D5, C5 and B5 last of all. This left me over on the west of the room and I just could not get over to the trapdoors in the east – even without brains those tar babies are just so relentless! Is it possible to get from west to east once all the brains are killed? I did finally clear the room after killing brains C4 and D4 last but even then the monsters were hanging on to me until the trapdoors.

11-03-2003 at 11:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Challenges : Challenges
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No