Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Psycho Therapy : Therapy 3 - More Desensitization : 1 North
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
porcorosso
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
IP: Logged
icon Psycho Therapy : Therapy 3 - More Desensitization : 1 North (0)  
Mayabe I am the only dumbass around here as usual but this seems like a very tricky room. I think the only possibility to do it would be driving the goblin outside and locking myself in by removing the trapdoors. From the inside then I can by goblin manipulation working close to the roaches move one roach up without it being stuck however the roach the other side is stuck, which leaves me stuck too... :no I guess the strategy should be different, but as usual I do not seem to be able to find it, a hint in the right direction is what I seek ....

[Last edited by porcorosso at 06-05-2007 01:51 PM]
06-05-2007 at 01:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
larrymurk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1914
icon Re: Psycho Therapy : Therapy 3 - More Desensitization : 1 North (0)  
You're on the right track.

You must alternate moving the west and east roaches though.
06-05-2007 at 02:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
porcorosso
larrymurk wrote:

Well I kind of figured that out, however I still get stuck just about the middle of the way when there are two 'notches' just exactly at the same level and when i reach there for the first time and I have only one goblin that means the roach on the opposite end gets stuck (if it was not already stuck before). Any more pointers?
06-05-2007 at 02:46 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
porcorosso wrote:
larrymurk wrote:

Well I kind of figured that out, however I still get stuck just about the middle of the way when there are two 'notches' just exactly at the same level and when i reach there for the first time and I have only one goblin that means the roach on the opposite end gets stuck (if it was not already stuck before). Any more pointers?

It's true that the notches are at the same vertical level, but the room itself is not symmetrical.

There's a way to take advantage of that.

Josh

06-05-2007 at 02:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
porcorosso

Well it still seems impossible to me so I'll attach a picture to be more explicit. I can get the roaches as far as 1 and 2 in the picture. I am inside with the trapdoors closed (or I wouldn't have been able to move the roaches) the goblin is outside and I can manipulate the goblin at will , however when I reach the vertical level of the 3,4 notches I am stuck, and cannot for the life of me see how any assymetry can help me. If you can please post more spoilerish hints or even a demo I'll be gratefull...
06-05-2007 at 03:22 PM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
porcorosso wrote:

Well it still seems impossible to me so I'll attach a picture to be more explicit. I can get the roaches as far as 1 and 2 in the picture. I am inside with the trapdoors closed (or I wouldn't have been able to move the roaches) the goblin is outside and I can manipulate the goblin at will , however when I reach the vertical level of the 3,4 notches I am stuck, and cannot for the life of me see how any assymetry can help me. If you can please post more spoilerish hints or even a demo I'll be gratefull...

Click here to view the secret text

06-05-2007 at 03:28 PM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1914
icon Re: Psycho Therapy : Therapy 3 - More Desensitization : 1 North (+1)  
The trick is:

A roach "stuck" in 3 is not really stuck!
06-05-2007 at 03:30 PM
porcorosso
Talk about blindness ! :look
I have rarely felt more stupid in my life. I guess thats what DROD is for. Anyway on do the dreaded 1S1E !
06-05-2007 at 03:56 PM
urbanizzz
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
Hello
I was easy enough to drive the roaches to snakes, but that's to drive a goblin to the top of the snake does not work - it gets stuck on the forcearrow (both left and right).

or a solution so simple that I do not see it?

any help, please

12-02-2011 at 05:54 AM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Psycho Therapy : Therapy 3 - More Desensitization : 1 North
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com