Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : is the spider on vacation?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
IP: Logged
icon is the spider on vacation? (0)  
is it supposed to be?
7500+ rooms in the queue since friday.

(I ask because it's messing with room counts. like it says I've done 12/13 rooms in Tar Ballroom, when really I've only done 11/13, because I have a "better demo" in the queue for one of the rooms waiting for the spider)

[Last edited by silver at 05-22-2007 02:06 AM]
05-21-2007 at 08:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
icon Re: is the spider on vacation? (0)  
ah, looks like mr spider went on vacation a week after mr monkey went on vacation, and I guess he left no one else with the keys to the site while he was gone (last seen 15 days ago).
anyone know if he's just on vacation, or has something happened to him? I hope he's okay.

[Last edited by silver at 05-28-2007 02:57 PM]
05-28-2007 at 02:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
I just saw the amount of demos in the queve go down!!!! This means it might be working again!!! :)
05-28-2007 at 09:57 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
bomber50 wrote:
I just saw the amount of demos in the queve go down!!!! This means it might be working again!!! :)
Yeah, last time I checked there were ~26000 demos in the queue... hooray! :D

np: Håkan Lidbo - Baksug (Dunka Dunka)

05-28-2007 at 10:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
From what I see, about 2 demos are removed every 3 seconds.

If there's 20000 demos, that's 30000 seconds.

That adds up to about 8.5 hours to get through them all. However, there's more than 20000 demos and more demos continue to come in, so it's going to take a little bit longer to empty the queve.

[Last edited by bomber50 at 05-28-2007 10:27 PM : Mathematical Errors]
05-28-2007 at 10:15 PM
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5416
icon Re: is the spider on vacation? (+2)  
So yeah, the spider went on vacation with me. Rather, it broke right after I left for vacation, and needed a kickstart. I swear that hadn't happened in a long time, but of course had to happen right after I left.

Anywho, I'm back, so it should be running continuously... until the next time...

05-30-2007 at 05:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: is the spider on vacation? (+1)  
The greatness of a forum and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals.

I'm glad you´re back to take care of the poor, over worked spider ;)
05-30-2007 at 05:40 PM
Dolan42
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 195
*bump*

I wish I could take vacations as often as the spider...

06-21-2007 at 08:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dolan42
Well, the spider has completed verifying the backlog, but it seems to be rejecting every demo submitted.

06-21-2007 at 05:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
fre3d
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 69
ditto.
06-21-2007 at 09:02 PM
tokyokid
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 453
I had thirty valid scores for Witherwood Castle. But now, they've all disappeared, along with some other users' too.
06-21-2007 at 10:56 PM
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
Yeah, same.

06-22-2007 at 07:16 AM
silver
FWIW: this isn't the usual symptom of the spider on vacation. it doesn't reject demos when it's on vacation. it just lets them piled up unchecked.

this is no doubt related to the 5376375 postings of the hold, with all but one removed. probably has some messed up room ids or contents stored on the server.

06-22-2007 at 12:46 PM
Stephen4Louise
Rank Points: 548
I'm pretty sure it isn't that. I have uploaded a load of scores from other holds and they have all gone the same way. To confirm, I uploaded scores for Pelcho's Puzzles and they were in the queue, but later rejected.

There are some scores for Witherwood Castle's first few levels that have held, so it looks like it's not my fault :thumbsup

Hopefully, all the rejected demos are safely stored away somewhere so they can be requeued when it's fixed.

Steve.
06-22-2007 at 03:12 PM
jmpava
Rank Points: 41
I resubmitted my Witherwood castle demos (most/all of which had been previously rejected) and they all went through this time, so whatever was causing this seems to be fixed.

06-24-2007 at 06:57 PM
CuriousShyRabbit
Rank Points: 3170
Pardon my ignorance, but how does one resubmit demos? I still have 70 demos that were rejected between 11 pm 6/20 and 5 am 6/21.
06-25-2007 at 04:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dolan42
CuriousShyRabbit wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but how does one resubmit demos? I still have 70 demos that were rejected between 11 pm 6/20 and 5 am 6/21.
If they are all from the same hold you can go to Change Location and click the Upload Hold Scores button. For individual rooms restore to the room, press F6 to load the Demos screen, select the demo you want to upload and press the Upload button.

06-25-2007 at 05:19 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Thanks very much for the information. I'm playing in 2.0, so I don't have that option. I guess I'll just have to replay all those rooms on some rainy day.
06-25-2007 at 05:25 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
In 2.0, you can reupload scores, but not selectively - you'll have to reupload every score you ever uploaded.

To do so, open drod.ini in a text editor (while DROD is closed, changed made while DROD will be overwritten), find the "Startup" section, and change the value of FullScoreUpload from 0 to 1. Then open DROD, go to the settings screen, press upload scores, and wait about 20 minutes (given that you have about 2500 scores).

06-25-2007 at 05:49 AM
CuriousShyRabbit
Thanks very much! I have a very fast connection here at work, so it only took a minute to upload all those demos. I'm afraid it tied up the spider for a couple hours though. In the end, all of my previously rejected demos were accepted :)

[Last edited by CuriousShyRabbit at 06-25-2007 08:04 AM]
06-25-2007 at 08:04 AM
jmpava
Rank Points: 41
Gotta send thanks from my end too for that tip! For whatever reason, about half of my JtRH scores just never uploaded back when I was going through it originally and kept refusing to do so. I just did this procedure and they are finally uploaded.

...Granted they are all from back when I started playing and all suck awesomely (don't recall the last time I've seen a ranking in the 300's... sheesh), but at least they are there now.

06-25-2007 at 09:56 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : is the spider on vacation?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com