Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Where's this quote from?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
DiMono
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1181
IP: Logged

File: Tv.raw (53.8 KB)
Downloaded 56 times.
License: Other
icon Where's this quote from? (0)  
This isn't part of the movie quote "tag", just a quote that I know I've heard in a movie before but I can't remember the name of the movie. The quote is:

"Well, we've got about an hour of daylight left, we'd best get started."

I've attached a sound file of the clip.

10-26-2003 at 04:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
icon Re: Where's this quote from? (0)  
What do I use to play it? My system recognises the filetype as a picture (raw = bitmap image)

As to the quote, my best guess without hearing it is 'Aliens' ("they mostly come out at night, mostly" ) - the bit where they're getting busy 'securing' their perimiter in the medical section.

[Edited by StuartK on 10-26-2003 at 05:18 PM GMT]
10-26-2003 at 05:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
I think it might be Raiders of the Lost Ark...you know, right before they start digging to uncover the Well of Souls? If I could hear it I might know a little better...

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-26-2003 at 05:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
DiMono
.raw is an old-school audio format, winamp should be able to play it, or sound recorder... Really I expect any audio program to run it, as it's uncompressed audio.

10-27-2003 at 03:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Actually, it sounds like Pitch Black, that Vin Diesel film. But I'll listen to it at home and ruminate.

Matt

10-27-2003 at 03:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
DiMono wrote:
.raw is an old-school audio format, winamp should be able to play it, or sound recorder... Really I expect any audio program to run it, as it's uncompressed audio.
I seem to remember that was the sound format used in Doom...

Still no joy on playing the file back (neither sound recorder nor winamp like the file) Google would solve it, but I don't think it matters now - I'm pretty sure Mattcrampy is correct.
10-27-2003 at 05:50 AM
Sokko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 336
Must be a REALLY old-skool audio format, because even my 51-tool pocketknife of sound editors, Cool Edit Pro 2.0, can't open it without being given the exact parameters of the original sound.

10-28-2003 at 11:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
You think that's bad?

RealAudio can't open the file.

Thankfully, with some cashflow I should be able to purge RealAudio from my computer forever.

Matt

10-29-2003 at 02:40 AM
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
.raw is exactly what it says...
In CS lingo "uncooked" data is handy to pass around, but you need to know the recipe to make it edible. In this case, you could pipe the file directly to your audio output and will only sound right if both devices are configured the same way (the same sampling rate and the same word length).
In other words, .raw doesn't contain enough information for a generic program to play it. .raw could be 8-bit audio at a 22 Mhz sampling, or 16-bit @ 44-Mhz... or whatever, it's just raw data.

[Edited by bdcribbs on 10-29-2003 at 05:35 AM GMT]
10-29-2003 at 04:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Aah...

RealAudio used to use a .raw extension. I was vaguely hoping it would work out that way, but apparently not.

Hmmm...

Matt

10-29-2003 at 09:06 AM
DiMono
I thought for sure Winamp would be able to play it...

Well, if you have a copy of Impulse Tracker or Scream Tracker lying around, those are both freeware and will be able to play it.

If it helps, it sounds like Harrison Ford or Kurt Russelllll (don't know how many l's there are, so I'll err on the side of extremism)

10-29-2003 at 04:19 PM
lucretia
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 32
10-29-2003 at 05:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Where's this quote from?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com