Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Progress not being uploaded to CaravelNet
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Swooshiain
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
IP: Logged
icon Progress not being uploaded to CaravelNet (0)  
I bought King Dugan's Dungeon (Windows) last week, along with a CaravelNet subscription. The game logs in to CaravelNet OK (I have the green check on the antenna icon), but nothing is being uploaded as far as I can tell - I have no scores or progress registered, there are no demoes available for completed rooms when I press F6, and when I look for hints on a room, I always get the "Room image not available" pic.

Any suggestions?
05-20-2007 at 01:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Progress not being uploaded to CaravelNet (0)  
I'm pretty sure that this is because you're playing KDD 1.0, which is no longer on CaravelNet. The high-scorable version is KDD 2.0.

From what you said, I'm not sure which version of DROD you have, though it's probably Architect's Edition. You should know that there's a new version out (The City Beneath) with many more features, and you can play KDD 1.0 (still without highscores) for free in the game.

If this is the case, you may want to ask ErikH2000 or mrimer if there's any way to change the purchase from AE to TCB.

Either way, I think every other hold you can possibly get is high-scorable. 99% certain. Also, welcome.

05-20-2007 at 01:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
I would think "I bought KDD last week" made it pretty clear he was using 2.0 and not AE, since AE is free...

No idea why CNet isn't working for you. Just to check - you do have "Automatically save demo when I conquer a room" checked in the Settings screen? Other than that can't see what's wrong, I suggest you email support@caravelgames.com.

"Oook!"
05-20-2007 at 01:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
zex20913 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that this is because you're playing KDD 1.0, which is no longer on CaravelNet. The high-scorable version is KDD 2.0.

From what you said, I'm not sure which version of DROD you have, though it's probably Architect's Edition. You should know that there's a new version out (The City Beneath) with many more features, and you can play KDD 1.0 (still without highscores) for free in the game.
Ummm... the fact that AE never was for sale, doesn't contain any CaravelNet support and the only KDD you can buy on the site is KDD 2.0 makes me not really agree with that part of your post... :D

@Swooshiain: Make sure you have "Automatically save a demo when you conquer a room" checked, but even then you shouldn't be seeing "Room image not available" for rooms after you pressed F6 in them... :/

Now, I know this wouldn't work for JtRH or TCB, but maybe it works for KDD2.0 since it's also available as a Smitemaster's Selection - does KDD2.0 show up for you here?

Also, do you get a list of downloadable holds when you go to the "Change Location" page? If so, can you view demos if you solve a room in some other hold?

Oh, and did you activate the one month free trial of CaravelNet that you get (as an email to you) with buying any of the DROD games?

If you didn't, I don't think KDD 2.0 is associated with your forum account, and thus CaravelNet doesn't know that you've bought it... (yeah, that sounds a bit silly but that's the way it works...)

EDIT: Actually, I'm pretty sure that if you haven't activated the one-month CaravelNet trial because you bought a full subscription that probably is the cause of your problem... but hey, since it's also a free extra month of CaravelNet why would anyone not activate it? ;)

np: The Go Find - Everything Is Low (Stars On The Wall)

[Last edited by Briareos at 05-20-2007 02:56 PM]
05-20-2007 at 01:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Um...

Yeah, listen to them.

05-20-2007 at 02:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Swooshiain
Briareos wrote:
Ummm... the fact that AE never was for sale, doesn't contain any CaravelNet support and the only KDD you can buy on the site is KDD 2.0 makes me not really agree with that part of your post... :D
Yes, I do indeed have v2.0 :)
@Swooshiain: Make sure you have "Automatically save a demo when you conquer a room" checked, but even then you shouldn't be seeing "Room image not available" for rooms after you pressed F6 in them... :/
Yeah, it's checked.
Now, I know this wouldn't work for JtRH or TCB, but maybe it works for KDD2.0 since it's also available as a Smitemaster's Selection - does KDD2.0 show up for you here?
It shows up as downloadable with "The Choice"...
Oh, and did you activate the one month free trial of CaravelNet that you get (as an email to you) with buying any of the DROD games?

If you didn't, I don't think KDD 2.0 is associated with your forum account, and thus CaravelNet doesn't know that you've bought it... (yeah, that sounds a bit silly but that's the way it works...)

EDIT: Actually, I'm pretty sure that if you haven't activated the one-month CaravelNet trial because you bought a full subscription that probably is the cause of your problem... but hey, since it's also a free extra month of CaravelNet why would anyone not activate it? ;)
I think you could well be right - I never used a trial subscription, I bought the game & package at the same time. I used to have the Architect's Edition on my old PC, but hadn't played for a couple of years - I decided to look it up again, and found this lovely new site had grown! So I decided to plump for a purchase, as I love the game - but I think you're right, it seems that KDD 2.0 is not linked to my account. Any Caravel bods able to help me out here?

Cheers,

Iain

[Last edited by Swooshiain at 05-20-2007 03:09 PM]
05-20-2007 at 03:08 PM
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
Swooshiain wrote:
I think you could well be right - I never used a trial subscription, I bought the game & package at the same time. I used to have the Architect's Edition on my old PC, but hadn't played for a couple of years - I decided to look it up again, and found this lovely new site had grown! So I decided to plump for a purchase, as I love the game - but I think you're right, it seems that KDD 2.0 is not linked to my account. Any Caravel bods able to help me out here?
Well, if you still have the email you should have gotten WRT the trial subscription - go ahead and click on the link in it.

The email I got when I bought JtRH way back when had "JtRH: CaravelNet Activation" as it's subject, so I guess yours should have a similar one. Also, make sure it didn't get caught in any SPAM filters your email account has...

If that doesn't help, you should probably PM Schik or email Erik (or email support@caravelgames.com, I suppose...) and ask them for help...

np: The Go Find - Beautiful Night (Stars On The Wall)

[Last edited by Briareos at 05-20-2007 03:42 PM]
05-20-2007 at 03:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Swooshiain
Briareos wrote:
Swooshiain wrote:
Well, if you still have the email you should have gotten WRT the trial subscription - go ahead and click on the link in it.

The email I got when I bought JtRH way back when had "JtRH: CaravelNet Activation" as it's subject, so I guess yours should have a similar one. Also, make sure it didn't get caught in any SPAM filters your email account has...
Yeah, I got that email - when I click the link again, it just tells me I've already activated my account! I've also tried requesting new keys, but that didn't help either...
If that doesn't help, you should probably PM Schik or email Erik (or email support@caravelgames.com, I suppose...) and ask them for help...
Yeah, gonna try that route again - I've actually already emailed support, but they were stumped and directed me to the forums! Still, I have a better idea of what is wrong now - hopefully the extra info will be enough to get my problem sorted.

Thanks for the help,

Iain
05-20-2007 at 03:59 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5064
Swooshiain wrote:
Yeah, gonna try that route again - I've actually already emailed support, but they were stumped and directed me to the forums! Still, I have a better idea of what is wrong now - hopefully the extra info will be enough to get my problem sorted.
I'll respond here instead of via email so anyone can chime in who might have a clue as to what to do to fix things, because this one has me stumped. Swoosh, I can confirm you do have KDD2 associated with your CaravelNet user account and you are successfully registered on CaravelNet.

I know you mentioned this to me before, but just to double-check (apologies in advance if I just missed info about this from above), you do have the green checkmark indicating you are logged in to CaravelNet, but when you are playing King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 and you go to the Demos Screen via F6, you get the message that "this hold is not published on CaravelNet", right? Do you also get this message on the Demos Screen when playing other installed CaravelNet holds, like "The Choice", for instance? If you download CaravelNet holds through the "Change Location" menu in-game and them play them, are you able to see high score lists for any of them via F6? Does this problem seem to be happening only for KDD2, and that's it? (There...that's a sufficient battery of questions for now :P )

P.S. Matt Schikore (schik) is expert in handling these issues, but he has been away. When he returns, he might be able to fix this easily (but who knows).

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.

[Last edited by mrimer at 05-18-2008 05:50 AM]
05-28-2007 at 05:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Swooshiain
mrimer wrote

I know you mentioned this to me before, but just to double-check (apologies in advance if I just missed info about this from above), you do have the green checkmark indicating you are logged in to CaravelNet, but when you are playing King Dugan's Dungeon 2.0 and you go to the Demos Screen via F6, you get the message that "this hold is not published on CaravelNet", right?
Yes, that's right.
Do you also get this message on the Demos Screen when playing other installed CaravelNet holds, like "The Choice", for instance?
Yes, "The Choice" behaves in the same way.
If you download CaravelNet holds through the "Change Location" menu in-game and them play them, are you able to see high score lists for any of them via F6? Does this problem seem to be happening only for KDD2, and that's it? (There...that's a sufficient battery of questions for now :P
I downloaded a hold called "1-level E-Z Hold" - this works correctly! When I completed the first room, re-entered and then hit F6, there were various demos by other people displayed. So it just seems to be the two "paid-for" holds that are the problem - d'oh!
06-03-2007 at 01:04 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: Progress not being uploaded to CaravelNet (+1)  
One thing I didn't see yet mentioned that *might* be the problem is outdated hold versions. When you go to to the Change Location screen, is the 'Download' link available when you select one of the problem holds?

Alternatively, I think the hold files on the Purchases page are latest versions as well, and could be imported normally into the game.
06-03-2007 at 02:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Swooshiain
Doom wrote:
One thing I didn't see yet mentioned that *might* be the problem is outdated hold versions. When you go to to the Change Location screen, is the 'Download' link available when you select one of the problem holds?
No, it's greyed out. I only bought & downloaded a few weeks ago, so all should be bang up-to-date!
Alternatively, I think the hold files on the Purchases page are latest versions as well, and could be imported normally into the game.
The purchases page may hold the key to this - it says I have no unclaimed Smitemaster Selections to download, but also lists KDD2.0 & The Choice as "Selections I don't have". Does this mean the holds were not properly registered to me when I bought & downloaded them?
06-03-2007 at 03:49 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
I'm going to need someone else answer that, since I'm not familiar enough with the DROD:KDD package.

DROD:KDD including CaravelNet-incompatible versions of the holds would be extremely weird, though, because you'd think that would've been spotted a long time ago. And Mike already said KDD2 is associated with your user account, so some kind of registration error seems unlikely as well. :hmmm:
06-03-2007 at 04:58 PM
mrimer
I talked to Matt about this and he said this is probably due to the recent changes to how Smitemaster's Selections are processed (i.e. no longer directly connected to CaravelNet subscriptions). It's possible that everyone who bought KDD2 but doesn't have the Smitemaster's Selection hold credit for KDD2, like you mentioned -- has this broken. He's fixing it for your account, so please try it out again and see if things are working for these holds for you now.

06-04-2007 at 06:35 AM
Swooshiain
mrimer wrote:
I talked to Matt about this and he said this is probably due to the recent changes to how Smitemaster's Selections are processed (i.e. no longer directly connected to CaravelNet subscriptions). It's possible that everyone who bought KDD2 but doesn't have the Smitemaster's Selection hold credit for KDD2, like you mentioned -- has this broken. He's fixing it for your account, so please try it out again and see if things are working for these holds for you now.

Bingo! KDD2.0 now working perfectly. Many thanks to all who helped out!
06-04-2007 at 10:00 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
Swooshiain wrote:
Bingo! KDD2.0 now working perfectly. Many thanks to all who helped out!
Yay! Sorry it took so long, I was either out of town or just about to leave town when you first posted about the problem, and it got lost in the flood of unread messages when I got back.

Glad it's working for you now. :)

06-04-2007 at 10:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Cryo
Rank Points: 10
Sorry to bump this topic but I am having the exact same problem mentionned by the OP.

I purchased KDD2 a few weeks ago, and activated my account with the link included in the mail. I have the green check when I'm starting the game, which means I'm connected to caravelnet (if I'm right), but still have the "upload my scores" greyed, and nothing is showing up in my profile. (in the purchase section I have "you don't have any unclaimed etc... and KDD2/the choice are labeled as Selection I don't have)

Since then I finished KDD2 and bought JTRH, used the exact same key for JTRH that I was using with KDD2, but I don't have the green check.

I'm clueless on what to do, could someone help me out?
06-06-2007 at 06:44 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
Cryo wrote:
Since then I finished KDD2 and bought JTRH, used the exact same key for JTRH that I was using with KDD2, but I don't have the green check.

I'm clueless on what to do, could someone help me out?
Disclaimer: I'm not part of Caravel, but one thing I would suggest you to try is to request a new key in JtRH, and keep the other key in your KDD version.

I have the strange feeling that they use different keys, even though I don't have KDD2.0.

06-06-2007 at 09:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Cryo
Rank Points: 10
Thanks for the tip. I requested a new key with JTRH, and now it works fine (green check, and I can upload scores etc..)

I still have the problem with KDD2 though.
06-06-2007 at 09:21 PM
mrimer
Cryo wrote:
Thanks for the tip. I requested a new key with JTRH, and now it works fine (green check, and I can upload scores etc..)

I still have the problem with KDD2 though.
Matt (Schik) probably needs to take care of this like he did for Swooshiain.

06-06-2007 at 11:59 PM
cjfoster
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
I'm having a similar problem as the OP, but with different holds.

I apologize if this has been definitively answered elsewhere - I did find a few mentions of it here and here, but these haven't helped.

As it stands, these holds work fine for high scores, etc.:
TCB
JtRH
Advanced Concepts
KDD2.0

Note that this includes a variety of types of installed holds:
1) the official hold that comes with the install of the engine
2) an official hold downloaded in-game
3) an unofficial hold downloaded in-game
4) an imported smitemaster's selection

These holds, however, have the message "This hold is not published on CaravelNet":
Master Locks (imported file: Master Locks7.hold)
Master Locks Expert (imported file: Master Locks Expert7.hold)
Smitemastery 101 (imported file: Smitemastery 101 2007-02-19.hold)
The Choice (imported file: The Choice 7-19-05.hold)

These are all (obviously) imported smitemaster's selections, and they all show up in purple on the 'Change Locations' screen.

My specs:
Windows XP SP3
TCB 3.2.0.83
CaravelNet membership - complimentary trial period I recieved when buying the games - antenna and green check

I have tried:
1. quiting and restarting DROD
2. requesting a new CaravelNet key
3. exporting player - deleting holds - redownloading and reinstalling holds - importing player
4. exporting player - uninstalling TCB (including player/hold files) - reinstalling TCB - importing player - new CaravelNet key - reinstalling holds - reimporting player

None of these things has had an effect on which holds upload high scores correctly and which holds are marked as unpublished.

Thanks first for reading this long post, and double thanks for some help.

chris
06-25-2009 at 06:15 PM
Zeispharn
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 18
I have exactly the same problem than the OP.
I just bought KDD2 a an abo to CaravelNet but scores doesn't update

Hope you can fix this for me.
02-06-2010 at 02:40 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Progress not being uploaded to CaravelNet
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com