Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Level 9 Southernmost off-map Secret Room (Unsolvable room)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
McFrugal
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 59
IP: Logged
icon Level 9 Southernmost off-map Secret Room (0)  
This room is unsolvable. If you open both the doors holding the roaches by sacrificing the fire elementals, the rays block the way off the island. You can enter the island and kill the roaches easily, but then you're stuck there.

What's the point of the little island in the SW corner? Is that supposed to be a Chen character-switch there, instead of a Rick? That would make it possible to do this room. Also, there seems to be an extra orb association on the first orb- it "turns on" the ray in the NW corner, which cannot be turned off in the first place.

[Last edited by McFrugal at 05-15-2007 05:25 PM]
05-15-2007 at 05:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
googa
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 282
icon Re: Level 9 Southernmost off-map Secret Room (+1)  
There's no problem with this room.

Click here to view the secret text

05-15-2007 at 09:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
milia
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: Level 9 Southernmost off-map Secret Room (0)  
I can not find - how to come into confidential southern rooms 9 levels. Full deadlock.
Perhaps, I use not that character? But already 3 times has bypassed 9 level. With Riсk, with Berk and with Chen (where could). Help, help somebody. :~(

At least, with what character to search and approximately where? So it would be desirable to find all secrets, but I was already tired to search 9 level, after all some rooms should be passed again.

I have found :)

[Last edited by milia at 07-17-2011 10:13 PM]
06-25-2011 at 03:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
nobodybutyours
Rank Points: 50

File: L9-Southernmost secret.JPG (204.9 KB)
Downloaded 51 times.
License: Public Domain
I think I had already absorbed the lessons hinted at by Googa's reply above before seeking out this thread, but I'm still apparently at a loss.

As far as I can tell, step one must be to have Jax strike the rightmost orb simultaneously with the free fire elemental, necessarily with it on the top (arrow) and Jax on the bottom.

That frees the second elemental.

Now I think I get the concept here -- and I understand how to use the small island to switch Jax's orientation so he can keep the second elemental alive during the leftmost-orb-hit -- but I'm not seeing what permutation of orb hits will result in either:

a) No sacrificed elementals (so that Jax can still navigate the entire mainland).

or b) only the left elemental alive, both doors opened, but with the horizontal laser off at that moment (so that the left elemental can sacrifice himself and simultaneously kill all six roaches).

Am I missing something? It seems like one of those two options is necessary for the win-condition. Is there some way of getting the rotation of the two elementals out of sync with each other?

Or a way of doing it without both elementals being stuck on their arrows?

Attaching an image of the room start-state for reference.

(And is there really a reason for the right orb to link to the upper-left corner border laser?)

07-24-2011 at 03:56 PM
nobodybutyours
Rank Points: 50
Ah, I figured it out. Perhaps Googa was referring to a different version of this room in his hints, because my solution
and also

And it was a really obvious solution, too.

Hints for future travellers:

and

07-24-2011 at 05:19 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Wonderquest : Level 9 Southernmost off-map Secret Room (Unsolvable room)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com