Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Bavato's Dungeon v4.4
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
IP: Logged
icon Bavato's Dungeon v4.4 (0)  
Yay!

After a few months of work, I have finally finished Version 4 of Bavato's Dungeon, and am releasing it to you, the horde of very helpful testers out there to, err... test and have fun with.

It's a very large hold (Compared to what it was previously), so, I'll admit, I haven't playtested all the rooms. However, just before everyone begins to moan again (I haven't forgotten the last release of the dungeon :D) I will say that I have made sure for almost all the rooms that they are solvable - it's just that I didn't do it all in single-room chunks - I just destroyed the monsters and playtested Beethro from the point I had reached, after doing a lot of counting to make sure I had the right spot. Even so, if you do find a bug, then don't hesitate to scream at me for I should have playtested.

Anyway...

Here are some notes about this version and the important changes to the dungeon:

General

So far I have not changed the dungeon structure a lot, but one thing I have done is put a stair going to the previous level, along with a warning scroll, at each entrance, just to make Beethro's climb down a little more plausible.

However, I am not sure about whether I should keep the naming system I have used for the levels, where I have put the level number followed by a name in brackets, such as this: "Level 2 (The Storage Chambers)". I am worried that if the name is too long, it will not fit onto the location bar at the top of the screen when the other directional coordinates are put with it - it just disappears from view. Another thing is that I might not be able to give each floor a name if the rooms have varied themes and I cannot think of anything better. Do you think I should keep the names in brackets, or should I remove them from the level name and place them elsewhere, such as in a scroll in the level somewhere?

Level 1

Most of it's the same, except for one thing: for those who have playtested it before, and also for those too lazy to do the first three levels, I have installed a warp room to levels 1-4, so I do not need to provide any more level skips to those floors like last time.

Level 2

Again, not much difference, except the scrolls in 2S 1E and 2S 2E apologising for force arrows on doors have been removed.

In addition, 1S 2E, 2S 1E and 2S have been modified, and are now much harder than the originals.

Level 3

I managed to find an old copy lying about with the scroll data within them, so all the scrolls in the level should now have the correct, or nearly the same text, as the ones in the previous version. Apart from a scroll re-vamp, no rooms have been changed, not even 2N 1E, but I intend to do something about it in the future.

Level 4

I won't say too much about this level, but there is a lot of stepping and killing involved in this, ofen happening at the same time. Because of this, I am worried about what Eytan once said to me a long time ago about "equating difficulty with tedium", most of all in 2S 1E and 1S 2E. Anyone who gets to those rooms, could you please tell me about whether those rooms are too tedious, or if they are alright?

Level 5

Hmm...

When you get to this level, please do not moan too much, even though the puzzle is not of a type many people like to play. I worked very hard to make this level (Please note that it is one room larger in floorspace than its counterpart in Dugan's Dungeon) and spent a lot of time to make sure there are no or only very few unintended solutions to it. I have playtested this floor, however, and I will say that it can be completed. However, what I have not done is to thoroughly make sure that there are no places where you can get trapped. Even though I do not think there are any such places, if you do get stuck in one, please tell me the room coordinates and where about the trap is, so I can fix this.

Level 6

I will not say too much about this level, except that you will need a lot of patience and to count a lot for this. However, I will apologise in advance for 1S 1W, because the solution is complicated and difficult to get (although the result is very nice if you can get it right) and because of this, the room is a little cramped, although completable.

I think that's it, although the writing was a little rushed, so the notes above may seem a little unclear or vague.

Enjoy Bavato's Dungeon v4.1 and hopefully this time, it will not have many bugs like last time!

Do not use this version, 4.1, because there is a missing red door in 1N and unpleasantly placed trapdoors that make the room impossible. Get Version 4.2, below.

[Edited by agaricus5 on 10-23-2003 at 03:27 PM GMT]

[Edited by agaricus5 on 10-23-2003 at 10:56 PM GMT: Added extra information]

[Edited by agaricus5 on 10-24-2003 at 05:12 PM GMT: Removing Version 4.1]

[Edited by agaricus5 on 10-26-2003 at 12:25 AM GMT: Announcing Version 4.3]

[Edited by agaricus5 on 10-27-2003 at 10:05 PM GMT: Announcing Version 4.4]

10-23-2003 at 03:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon v4.1 (0)  
Um...this is very odd. It's nothing with your hold Wesley, I don't think, but I'm still using Build 42. I saved the hold to Homemade, and went into DROD. I went to my "where" screen, and nothing was there. NOTHING! I imported, and it crashed. I forget what I did last time in DROD, but I don't think it warranted that.

10-23-2003 at 04:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
zex20913 wrote:
Um...this is very odd. It's nothing with your hold Wesley, I don't think, but I'm still using Build 42. I saved the hold to Homemade, and went into DROD. I went to my "where" screen, and nothing was there. NOTHING! I imported, and it crashed. I forget what I did last time in DROD, but I don't think it warranted that.
Oh dear. :(

I am using build 45 and will upgrade to 46 very soon. Is the build difference causing a problem?

Why not try to install a new copy and open my hold with that to see if it causes the problem again?

[Edited by agaricus5 on 10-23-2003 at 06:08 PM GMT: Atrocious grammar]

10-23-2003 at 04:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Zex - this is a problem I too suffered in that build. The only solution was to reinstall, unfortunately your player data may also be lost. Try exporting the player anyway and see what happens.

It's not your hold, Wesley - it happened with someone else's on mine, but it was on an import of a hold. Don't woorry.

"Oook!"
10-23-2003 at 06:05 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Wesley - are you sure level 4 1N is solvable? The only way to get to the mother is through the corridor to the east - but if you clear the rest of the room than tar blocks that corridor, and if you don't clear the rest of the room then there's no way to reach the mother before tar babies are created, and there's no way to backtrack to reach them at that point since you're stuck in the mother chamber.

10-24-2003 at 03:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
agaricus5
I'm very sorry about this.

I think what was wrong was that I took out the red doors during some playtesting, but I've put them back now. I've also corrected one or two bugs in the room layout that would also have made it impossible.

The dungeon is under scrutiny for errors. As soon as I have checked all the rooms, I'll release Version 4.3

[Edited by agaricus5 on 10-25-2003 at 01:11 AM GMT]

10-24-2003 at 05:10 PM
agaricus5
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon v4.2 (0)  
Advance warning.

I've just found a bug in level 6, 1S 1W which makes it impossible to move the roaches into the correct positions. I don't think it will concern anyone playing the hold yet, so I will release it later, but if anyone thinks I should do something about it now, then please tell me.

Thank you.

10-24-2003 at 06:27 PM
eytanz
I'll wait until you release a fixed version before proceeding - I hate it when I lose all my progress because a version update. Even if you add level warps, it means I don't get to replay/look at mid-level rooms whenever I want to, which sucks.

10-24-2003 at 06:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Yeah, I thought that when you updated a hold, it kept everything in levels that weren't changed. But, apparently, it resets everything but the entrance to the level. Very annoying...it wasn't always this way, was it? Fortunately for this dungeon I hadn't yet spent a great deal of time on it.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-24-2003 at 06:50 PM
agaricus5
Sorry. I'll speed-test the L4/6 rooms now.

As soon as I'm sure everything is in order, I'll post a new version.

10-24-2003 at 07:39 PM
eytanz
I just made a post in the feature request forum about this issue (the general one of what to do about holds being released in several revisions, not this specific hold); please, everyone, look at it and express your opinion - I do think something needs to be done about streamlining the hold release procedure since otherwise big holds such as this one will become less and less attractive to players.

10-24-2003 at 07:53 PM
agaricus5
icon Re: Bavato's Dungeon v4.3 (0)  
OK everyone...

I've personally gone through the rooms myself in Levels 4 and 6 and made sure they are all solvable, giving little tweaks here and there to remove those really nasty bugs that I never noticed before (a painful lesson that playtesting it yourself, however unpleasant, will find them for you), with one exception. 2S 1E of Level 4 had one or two minor changes to it to make it solvable, but this kept destroying my progress, so I changed the layout of the room and objects to reflect how far I got. Unfortunately, it means that it is solvable in my "chunk" testing form, but because it took so long for me to do, I couldn't be bothered to complete it from the start all over again. This means that for whatever reason, it may not be completable, although the chances of this happening are low. As a safeguard against upsetting people because it might be impossible to complete, I have made the room "not required" so you don't have to do it or go through it at all, although anyone who wants to test it is more than welcome.

One other thing. Level 6 3E 1N is unintentionally easy - you don't have to do what I originally intended with the goblin through the whole room, but I cannot think of a way to force the player to do what I want without making it impossible. When people do eventually get there, if anyone has any suggestions about how it can be improved, then I will be very happy to hear them.

About upgrading:

I have found the upgrade system works like this. If you edit a room and change it or update a hold with a changed version, you will primarily lose any progress you have made in the room. If the room affected is the most recent room visited, then it will disappear from the map, but all previous rooms' progress remain unaffected. If you completed any rooms after the affected one, then you cannot restore to the changed room, but you can restore to a room you visited after and it will keep the progress you made in the affected room, even though it is changed.

So, here is Bavato's Dungeon v4.3, hopefully this time free of annoying bugs!

I have found a bug in Level 6 1N making it impossible to complete. Please update to Version 4.4, on the next page, when you finish level 4.

[Edited by agaricus5 on 10-27-2003 at 10:21 PM GMT]

10-26-2003 at 12:49 AM
Oneiromancer
Actually, something happened with the most recent release, because when I imported it I wasn't told that it was an upgrade, and after the import "Bavato's Dungeon" was listed twice in the "Where" list. I just deleted the first instance, since I hadn't gotten very far. Did you change your name or the name of the hold, for any reason? That's the only thing that I can think may have made this happen.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-26-2003 at 01:31 AM
agaricus5
Oneiromancer wrote:
Actually, something happened with the most recent release, because when I imported it I wasn't told that it was an upgrade, and after the import "Bavato's Dungeon" was listed twice in the "Where" list. I just deleted the first instance, since I hadn't gotten very far. Did you change your name or the name of the hold, for any reason? That's the only thing that I can think may have made this happen.

Game on,

Yes - I upgraded builds, and had a demo corruption problem, so I went and took the original information from the 1.5 release and then changed the original author so I could edit it under the original player.

10-26-2003 at 10:43 AM
eytanz
agaricus5 wrote:
About upgrading:

I have found the upgrade system works like this. If you edit a room and change it or update a hold with a changed version, you will primarily lose any progress you have made in the room. If the room affected is the most recent room visited, then it will disappear from the map, but all previous rooms' progress remain unaffected. If you completed any rooms after the affected one, then you cannot restore to the changed room, but you can restore to a room you visited after and it will keep the progress you made in the affected room, even though it is changed.

That's how it works if you edit a hold in the editor. If you import an updated version of a hold over an old one, you lose all progress except the first room of every level you visited, no matter what the change was.

Eytan

10-26-2003 at 04:05 PM
eytanz
I just noticed L4 1S1W changed completely - it used to be about manipulating a mimic, now it's about navigating a maze. What happened? (It was solvable in the old form, I did it)

10-26-2003 at 04:27 PM
agaricus5
eytanz wrote:
I just noticed L4 1S1W changed completely - it used to be about manipulating a mimic, now it's about navigating a maze. What happened? (It was solvable in the old form, I did it)

Wait a second. I think when I originally released the dungeon in the files "Bavato 23/24", I had a mimic potion in the south-eastern corner of the room, but I had forgotten to put a red door around it because my intention was to make you collapse all the trapdoors before you could get at the mimic potion.

However, when I put the red door around it, I found manipulating the mimic to get the roaches in the maze looked impossible because the central passage was the only unblocked passage, and the five square long gap between two of the little "alcoves" too long to get the mimic past, so I removed the potion and turned the door blocking you from the queens and brain to a red door so you could get them yourself.

Now, however, looking at the room again, I can see two crumbly walls along the passage just north of all the force arrows that I had forgotten. If what you say is true - you can complete the room without the red door around the potion, then if I remove some of the trapdoors around the potion area, I do believe that the original room will work after all. I'll change it later, but you'll have to wait for the next release for it. For the time being, just treat it like a room with a different solution.

10-26-2003 at 05:20 PM
Oneiromancer
It took me a long time, but I beat it in its new form. So it's solvable, but quite tough. That room really does need all those checkpoints...

Game on,

10-26-2003 at 05:27 PM
eytanz
At the version I first completed, there was also a green door between the mimic chamber and the tar mother - it wouldn't have been possible to solve it if there was a red door there, since I crucially had to enter that chamber before more than a tiny amount of roaches made their way through the arrows - so I hadn't time to drop any trapdoors.

I did solve the room in its current incarnation, and I believe that it is better without the mimic - it's a rather exciting a difficult room as it is now - the 23/24 version was very slow and repetitive. And combining them both will make a room that's WAY too long, and it will start fun and end boring which isn't a good order to do things in.

10-26-2003 at 05:43 PM
agaricus5
eytanz wrote:
I did solve the room in its current incarnation, and I believe that it is better without the mimic - it's a rather exciting a difficult room as it is now - the 23/24 version was very slow and repetitive. And combining them both will make a room that's WAY too long, and it will start fun and end boring which isn't a good order to do things in.

Thank goodness that my error gave me scope to improve the room rather than totally break it like last time. Thanks for the feedback! ;)

10-26-2003 at 06:04 PM
eytanz
Whew! Halfway through level 4 (assuming there are no rooms I missed). Comments on the rooms I've solved:

1S1W - Fun, difficult room, but not too unforgiving. I liked it.
1N1W - I don't get the point of the timer. I played slowly and carefully, and it was only about 60% full by the time I killed the mother. The room itself was fun, but a bit unforgiving in that it was not difficult to get into an unwinnable situation - I was very thankful for the many checkpoints.
1S - Evil personified. If you'd take this room and 1E on level 6 of Deep Hold together, you can account for about 5 hours out of my weekend; I don't think I spent so much time on a single room since the first time I played through level 8. I cursed every moment as I was playing through it - especially when I discovered I made it unsolvable and had to backtrack a couple of checkpoints - but the feeling when I solved it was very rewarding.
1S1E - A really cool room. A few spoilery comments:

Click here to view the secret text

Anyway, I really have to get some work done so I'll leave the rest for some other day...

10-26-2003 at 07:56 PM
eytanz
Ok, solved 1S1W too (because my better judgement isn't all that great) - It's a fun little room, but I don't get the point of the goblins and the roaches in the narrow corridor - once you get the red doors open, they're trivially easy to defeat.

10-26-2003 at 08:23 PM
agaricus5
eytanz wrote:
1N1W - I don't get the point of the timer. I played slowly and carefully, and it was only about 60% full by the time I killed the mother. The room itself was fun, but a bit unforgiving in that it was not difficult to get into an unwinnable situation - I was very thankful for the many checkpoints.

The timer is there to make sure you are forced into not pausing too long to kill monsters. If it was only 60% full when you completed it, then you're better than me at it. I may reduce the number of turns you have on the timer, but not by very much because less efficient people may not be as quick at getting rid of the roaches. Could you give me an indication of about how many growths you had left so I can see around how large the completable margin is?

1S - Evil personified.

:devil

I agree with you there too.

If you'd take this room and 1E on level 6 of Deep Hold together, you can account for about 5 hours out of my weekend; I don't think I spent so much time on a single room since the first time I played through level 8. I cursed every moment as I was playing through it - especially when I discovered I made it unsolvable and had to backtrack a couple of checkpoints - but the feeling when I solved it was very rewarding.

I'm glad you got it - it took me an hour or two to do myself, even though I already knew what was under the Tar.

1S1E - A really cool room. A few spoilery comments:

Eh?

Unintended solution alert!

I originally wanted you to put a goblin in each chamber, but you've obviously found a way around my scheme...

I'll think of a way to get around the problem.

Edit: I've moved the doors around now. No more getting away with not using the goblins as they should be used. :devil

Ok, solved 1S1W too (because my better judgement isn't all that great) - It's a fun little room, but I don't get the point of the goblins and the roaches in the narrow corridor - once you get the red doors open, they're trivially easy to defeat.

That was their point, I'm afraid - to be the last horde of monsters you have to face in the room, but be surprisingly easy to get rid of. If you have any suggestions about increasing the difficulty of the last monsters, then I'd be delighted to hear them.

[Edited by agaricus5 on 10-26-2003 at 08:39 PM GMT]

[Edited by agaricus5 on 10-26-2003 at 08:50 PM GMT]

10-26-2003 at 08:39 PM
eytanz
agaricus5 wrote:
eytanz wrote:

The timer is there to make sure you are forced into not pausing too long to kill monsters. If it was only 60% full when you completed it, then you're better than me at it. I may reduce the number of turns you have on the timer, but not by very much because less efficient people may not be as quick at getting rid of the roaches. Could you give me an indication of about how many growths you had left so I can see around how large the completable margin is?

I will when I get back home (I finally got off my lazy ass and went to my office). I think 60% was a typo, though - I meant 66%, since I remember it looked liked about 2/3rds of the way full.

1S - Evil personified.

:devil

I agree with you there too.

If you'd take this room and 1E on level 6 of Deep Hold together, you can account for about 5 hours out of my weekend; I don't think I spent so much time on a single room since the first time I played through level 8. I cursed every moment as I was playing through it - especially when I discovered I made it unsolvable and had to backtrack a couple of checkpoints - but the feeling when I solved it was very rewarding.

I'm glad you got it - it took me an hour or two to do myself, even though I already knew what was under the Tar.

The Deep hold room was even worse, actually - your 1S was mainly tricky in the very beginning (figuring the right way to get in without making it unsolvable), and especially the very end (when the playing field was very limited, and I had to account for the fact that once I kill the mother, all the tar must be solvable). 1S could be solved mainly by waiting a lot to ensure that the tar never grows then you are not ready for it - there's no such luxury in the Deep Hold room (which features a much smaller and tighter trapdoor maze, with the walls also covered with tar).

Eh?

Unintended solution alert!

I originally wanted you to put a goblin in each chamber, but you've obviously found a way around my scheme...

I'll think of a way to get around the problem.

Edit: I've moved the doors around now. No more getting away with not using the goblins as they should be used. :devil

As long as you make sure it's possible to get out yourself in the end...

Ok, solved 1S1W

I think I meant 2S1W, but in any case, you knew what I was talking about.

That was their point, I'm afraid - to be the last horde of monsters you have to face in the room, but be surprisingly easy to get rid of. If you have any suggestions about increasing the difficulty of the last monsters, then I'd be delighted to hear them.

The main problem was that it was self-evident from the time I entered the room that none of them will be a threat. You could make it a bit trickier by adding more goblins and removing some of the trapdoor in the lower chamber (since now they create easy goblin-killing barriers), but that'll probably just end up being an uncomfortable marriage of unrelated room parts, and won't fit in with the level's theme.

Eytan

10-26-2003 at 09:54 PM
eytanz
Ok, now that I solved L4 1S2E I'm a bit confused - what did you want us to check in this room? There's nothing inherently more tedious about this room than other ones, except of course that you can't really die in it, so that all the roaches are basically there for decoration (well, except the batch behind the red door) - since all the roaches in enclosed areas are accompanied by trapdoors, I'd have been equally motivated to go in there even if they weren't there, and of course they pose no threat to the mimic.

Also:

Also, I noted that 2S1E isn't required - is this for any particular reason?

And as for level 5 - what in the world were you thinking? Now, I know how to cheat, make the hold editable, and add a warp room to skip it. Had I not known that, I don't think I'd ever bother to reach level 6.

Now, I admit it looks really, really well planned. And it's probably an excellent puzzle for people who like this sort of thing. But if you put it in the middle of your hold, that just means that most people will never see the rest of your hold. Either - make it optional with an easy to find level warp (or even a non-hidden one), OR release it as a seperate hold.

Anyway, I still need to finish L4 2S1E before making my way to level 6...

[Edited by eytanz on 10-27-2003 at 12:59 PM GMT: red door =/= trapdoor]

10-27-2003 at 12:49 PM
agaricus5
eytanz wrote:
Ok, now that I solved L4 1S2E I'm a bit confused - what did you want us to check in this room? There's nothing inherently more tedious about this room than other ones, except of course that you can't really die in it, so that all the roaches are basically there for decoration (well, except the batch behind the red door) - since all the roaches in enclosed areas are accompanied by trapdoors, I'd have been equally motivated to go in there even if they weren't there, and of course they pose no threat to the mimic.

I was just wondering if the amount of movement necessary for the room would make it tedious, but, it looks like it is not really a problem from your point of view.

Also:

Err...

It's just put there as some decoration - originally the chambers were meant to be accessible by the king's servants, before the monsters came, so a passage was put there for entry to them.

Noted that 2S1E isn't required - is this for any particular reason?

A post above, the one with the file attached, I believe, should explain this occurrence. :)

Well done. The scrolls will have some significance, and so will the room and what follows later.

And as for level 5 - what in the world were you thinking? Now, I know how to cheat, make the hold editable, and add a warp room to skip it. Had I not known that, I don't think I'd ever bother to reach level 6.

I knew exactly what I was thinking when I made this level.

I even foresaw that people would react to it very negatively and would not like to try it, so...

...I shall announce to everyone that to bypass level 5, which I'm sure everyone will want to do, There is a warp room in 3E of Level 4 which will bypass it and go to level 6. Thank you.

Now, I admit it looks really, really well planned. And it's probably an excellent puzzle for people who like this sort of thing. But if you put it in the middle of your hold, that just means that most people will never see the rest of your hold. Either - make it optional with an easy to find level warp (or even a non-hidden one), OR release it as a seperate hold.

I may then put a scroll pointing out its position in 2E.

I realise, but it's there as a level intended as a challenge to get past, which, I agree, may not appeal to most, but which is not really required as you can skip it, so remains an optional challenge to everyone else who wants to try their hand at it.

It's probably my fault for including such a level in the first place, but I am still upset that I wasn't asked if there was a warp past it or not before one was put into it by someone else.

[Edited by agaricus5 on 10-27-2003 at 05:44 PM GMT: Changing the font size/colour]

10-27-2003 at 05:26 PM
eytanz
...I shall announce to everyone that to bypass level 5, which I'm sure everyone will want to do, There is a warp room in 3E of Level 4 which will bypass it and go to level 6. Thank you.

But it doesn't. At least when I tried it, I ended up back in the beginning of level 4. I assumed, based partially on the evidence of the blocked scrolls, that the room is just incomplete and is meant for some other purpose. I wouldn't have said anything otherwise.

Also, I didn't cheat - I haven't actually seen level 6 yet. I just announced my plan to do so. And it was clear, after playing 5 minutes and seeing 3 rooms, that the entire level is going to be the same, and that it'll be futile to try to do anything about it - I'm not saying I won't return to it, but while it could be a worthwhile challenge, it will have to be deferred to when I can spare the time for it.

Eytan

[Edited by eytanz on 10-27-2003 at 07:07 PM GMT]

10-27-2003 at 07:00 PM
agaricus5
eytanz wrote:
But it doesn't. At least when I tried it, I ended up back in the beginning of level 4. I assumed, based partially on the evidence of the blocked scrolls, that the room is just incomplete and is meant for some other purpose. I wouldn't have said anything otherwise.
Are you sure?

I've had a look at it on my copy, and the stairs are set to level 6, just as it's supposed to be.

Is it a bug?

Also, I didn't cheat - I haven't actually seen level 6 yet. I just announced my plan to do so. And it was clear, after playing 5 minutes and seeing 3 rooms, that the entire level is going to be the same, and that it'll be futile to try to do anything about it - I'm not saying I won't return to it, but while it could be a worthwhile challenge, it will have to be deferred to when I can spare the time for it.

Eytan

Oh, I see...

I'm sorry. :~)

10-27-2003 at 07:58 PM
Oneiromancer
agaricus5 wrote:Are you sure?

I've had a look at it on my copy, and the stairs are set to level 6, just as it's supposed to be.

Is it a bug?

Hmmm. On my Treasure Hunt hold, I got complaints that the final stairs weren't set to End Hold, but instead they returned the player to level 4. I went to check on it, and I think it was indeed incorrectly set, but this is a strange coincidence.

Game on,

10-27-2003 at 08:17 PM
eytanz
agaricus5 wrote:
eytanz wrote:
Are you sure?

Is it a bug?

No idea. I'm in my office now, but I'll test again when I get home.

Eytan

Oh, I see...

I'm sorry. :~)
Don't worry about it - I'm sure it can be very frustrating to put a lot of work into something and then have someone being very cavalier about just ignoring it. I still think this would work much better as a seperate hold - not just for the sake of people playing Bavato's Dungeon, but also because I'm sure there are a lot of people who like this sort of level but will not be able to play it because the earlier parts will be too difficult for them.

Eytan

10-27-2003 at 08:50 PM
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Bavato's Dungeon v4.4
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com