Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Random, uncalled for down-mods. Also, "mod all posts totally random" central.
<<2345
Page 6 of 7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Insane
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 154
IP: Logged
icon Re: Random, uncalled for down-mods. Also, "mod all posts totally random" central. (-1)  
ME LIKES MODS MOAR MODS PLZ
05-28-2007 at 01:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sillyman
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 339
icon Re: Random, uncalled for down-mods. Also, "mod all posts totally random" central. (0)  
Apparently you got more mods, just a -1 instead of a +1. I didn't do it!

05-28-2007 at 09:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
icon Re: Random, uncalled for down-mods. Also, "mod all posts totally random" central. (+1)  
Oh, please, Briareos, have pity on the forum and delete this thread? Surely it serves no useful purpose at this point.
05-28-2007 at 11:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
icon Re: Random, uncalled for down-mods. Also, "mod all posts totally random" central. (0)  
Tahnan wrote:
Oh, please, Briareos, have pity on the forum and delete this thread? Surely it serves no useful purpose at this point.
Whatever happened to threads just dying off and fading into obscurity?

Also, deleting a thread that's gone on for so long with so many posts in it (no matter what the content) smells like trying to hush something up, which I'm not really down with...

Why don't you just ask a mod to lock it? And mod my first post down to zero if you want...

EDIT: Also, woohoo - 3001st post!

np: The Cinematic Orchestra - Breath (Ma Fleur)

[Last edited by Briareos at 05-29-2007 12:15 AM]
05-28-2007 at 11:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Lock an Anything thread?

Really?

05-29-2007 at 01:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tahnan
Briareos wrote:
Whatever happened to threads just dying off and fading into obscurity?
The problem is, people keep posting (and yes, I know that this very post is part of the problem, but it's not a fundamental part of the problem).

Why don't you just ask a mod to lock it? And mod my first post down to zero if you want...
So, nu, consider it asked. I figured you'd be as easy to convince to lock as a mod to delete. If there were anything constructive in this thread, I'd share your qualms about deleting it, and yet.
05-29-2007 at 01:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
I fully endorse Tahnan's suggestion of locking/deleting all threads on the forum which lack constructive content.

05-29-2007 at 07:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Beef Row
Rank Points: 471
Maurog wrote:
I fully endorse Tahnan's suggestion of locking/deleting all threads on the forum which lack constructive content.

So, can you predict the next thread that would be affected by this, if it were followed through?

05-29-2007 at 07:22 AM
Tahnan
Beef Row wrote:
So, can you predict the next thread that would be affected by this, if it were followed through?
Nope. That's why I didn't ask a moderator to take action in the first place; I didn't want it to be some sort of policy. But anyone's free to delete their own post. Heck, I recently deleted one myself: I'd posted a bug report, which someone rapidly observed was already posted, and I thought, "there's nothing constructive in my post now, it's just clutter"; so I deleted it. So nu.
05-29-2007 at 02:02 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
icon Re: Random, uncalled for down-mods. Also, "mod all posts totally random" central. (+1)  
I just want to say that I like this thread.

It is funny. :D
It is important because so many people post into it.
It is constructive since people are actually talking about locking and deleteing threads.
It also fulfill a need, for people that use the thread as their therapy.

With so many good reasons, you must agree with me that we keep this thread!

-- Tim ;)

[Last edited by Tim at 05-30-2007 12:16 AM]
05-29-2007 at 08:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
The first post was modded to +100.

But I didn't do it.

Or did I?

05-29-2007 at 10:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Briareos
Rank Points: 3516
bomber50 wrote:
The first post was modded to +100.

But I didn't do it.

Or did I?
Well, it sure wasn't me... :)

np: Von Südenfed - That Sound Wiped (Tromatic Reflexxions)

05-29-2007 at 11:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Beef Row
Rank Points: 471
Tahnan wrote:
Beef Row wrote:
Nope.

No, no, I don't think you understand... can you predict the next thread that would be affected by this? (+1 if you guess correctly)

05-29-2007 at 11:41 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
I know what you're hinting at (Predict the next poster...), but I don't think it should be locked. Useless? Certainly. But given time, I think I could give you a list of 25% of all threads which I think are useless, some started by me.

Locking at request of the original poster is fine by me. Locking at the request (or opinion) of the community is not. Locking as a result of moderator decision is also fine by me, because they have the power to do that, and they've shown that they can use it responsibly.

05-29-2007 at 11:52 PM
Tahnan
Well, so I was requesting that the moderator make a decision. :-)

Hey, zex, while I've got you on the line: changed your mind about cracked orbs yet?
05-30-2007 at 05:27 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
Note how all of my comments were made previous to the ability to check orb associations with a mouse click, as opposed to a Beethro walk.

05-30-2007 at 05:35 AM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
Tahnan wrote:
Well, so I was requesting that the moderator make a decision. :-)

Hey, zex, while I've got you on the line: changed your mind about cracked orbs yet?
You do realise that you are keeping the thread alive now?
:blowup

[Last edited by NiroZ at 05-30-2007 05:46 AM]
05-30-2007 at 05:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dex Stewart
Rank Points: 355
Got any problem with that? We're here to PARTY!!! :drunk :punk :bounce :jumpy :cheers:
05-30-2007 at 01:01 PM
Pilchard VIII
Rank Points: 392
Again, all my posts with the blowup smiley have been downmodded. But this time, I don't care if the person doing it is acting like a total jerk. It's just boring now.

05-30-2007 at 08:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Maurog
Rank Points: 1501
Well, I'm officially all out of points now. If the same people who modded your posts back up knowing full well it will result in me modding them back down do so again, you will have to wait some time before the posts that were modded up then down then back up will be modded back down again.

05-30-2007 at 09:45 PM
MartianInvader
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 126
icon Re: Random, uncalled for down-mods. Also, "mod all posts totally random" central. (+2)  
Maurog's last post made me so confused I thought my head would explode! If only there were some way to express that in picture form...

05-30-2007 at 10:08 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Elfstone
Rank Points: 1285
Maurog wrote:
Well, I'm officially all out of points now. If the same people who modded your posts back up knowing full well it will result in me modding them back down do so again, you will have to wait some time before the posts that were modded up then down then back up will be modded back down again.

Maybe it's because I'd just finished reading the Joke/Pun thread, but I laughed out loud at that. :lol :lol :lol Maurog, you're at dire risk of making poor Pilchard sea-sick!

05-30-2007 at 10:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Okay! I really, really wish NiroZ would stop using exploding smileys in most of his posts. They don't seem to fill any meaningfull prpose, like expressing any emotions. They are just there.

Apart from that I find it a bit amusing that one of my posts in this topic bounces back and forth between +1 and -1. It has happened many times in the last two weeks, and it feels quite absurd :lol
05-31-2007 at 12:39 AM
zonhin
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 99
Personally, I wish he'd use more.

Till time went and told me to say hello but wave goodbye
05-31-2007 at 12:54 AM
Blondbeard
May I ask why?
05-31-2007 at 12:56 AM
zonhin
It's a statement I agree with. Who cares about all this crap? I may be biased because I've never been randomly modded down, but this forum seems like it'd been drama free (For the most part.) over the course of it's history, (Though I may be wrong, as I'm kind of new.) And it would be best to keep it that way.

05-31-2007 at 01:01 AM
Blondbeard
Zonhin wrote:
It's a statement I agree with. Who cares about all this crap? I may be biased because I've never been randomly modded down, but this forum seems like it'd been drama free (For the most part.) over the course of it's history, (Though I may be wrong, as I'm kind of new.) And it would be best to keep it that way.
What does that have to do with him using the exploding smiely more in all topics he posts in? That explanation doesn't make any sense at all to me. Furthermore I don't see the point of saying "who cares about this crap". It doesn't really seem like the ideal thing to say to let this topic fade away.
05-31-2007 at 01:09 AM
zonhin
The post didn't really mean anything, okay?

Edit: I also might want to mention that I haven't had as much sleep as I usually have lately.

[Last edited by zonhin at 05-31-2007 01:16 AM]
05-31-2007 at 01:12 AM
Neathro
Rank Points: 41
Not:

R.I.P
Random, uncalled for down-mods. Also, "mod all posts totally random" central.

Then?
Ah well...

PARTY!!!
:yay:party:yay:party:yay:party:yay:party:yay:party:yay:party:yay:party:yay:party:yay:party:yay:party:yay:party:yay:party:yay:party:yay:party:yay:party

THIS IS A FAKE BLOWUP :nugget

[Last edited by Neathro at 05-31-2007 04:35 PM]
05-31-2007 at 04:33 PM
zonhin
Don't waste forum space. You darn kids.

05-31-2007 at 10:11 PM
<<2345
Page 6 of 7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Random, uncalled for down-mods. Also, "mod all posts totally random" central.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com