Announcement: Please read the Rules Topic for some general rules and etiquette before using the Hints and Solutions system.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 21 2S
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Poster Message
jjohn7418
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 161
IP: Logged
icon Level 21 2S (0)  
Can anybody help with this room? I'm at the point to hit the second orb, the one on the right, but I haven't been able to figure out a safe place for all of the bugs coming at me. I would attach a picture, but I don't know how to in DROD.

Thanks!

10-22-2003 at 03:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Level 21 2S (0)  
You can insert a DROD room image by clicking on the link of the same name just to the right of the message box when you post a message. It looks like this. (Or, it will, once Schik has fixed the Room image problem.) You can even add markers, like I have.

So, it looks like you are referring to the orb I marked as #2. Well, unfortunately, I don't have much advice for you...this room is pretty hard. I am also pretty positive it is discussed somewhere else on this forum. Anyway, after hitting the orb I think I usually am able to run up into the room where the goblin is and hold off the roaches from there, but at some point you will need to leave and that is pretty tricky. It takes a lot of practice with knowing how to kill roaches under brain control. Also remember to always try to kill a roach with every swing/step.

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 10-22-2003 at 03:48 AM GMT: Room image didn't work]

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-22-2003 at 03:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2388
Picture:

Read the FAQ - it's covered in there. Criticisms welcome.

As for the problem at hand... a safe place is the alcove just above the orb, on the right. You need to position yourself so you kill a bug every turn. Go up to kill the brain after the bugs are all cleared out.

Matt

10-22-2003 at 03:55 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jjohn7418
Thanks for the help. It's not so easy getting to that safe spot without getting killed. I guess I need to go to the real problem, which is I'm taking too long to clear the left side forst. By the time I get to the orb #2, all of the other spots are filled with roaches.

Thanks, Jim

10-22-2003 at 12:11 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
Not really - point your sword NW, and you should be able to intercept that goblin and scare it up. Then just duck into the alcove, rotating your sword, then killie.

Matt

10-23-2003 at 03:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jjohn7418
Okay, I've gotten as far as killing all of the bugs that have been waiting, and getting up to kill the green goblin. Then I head towards the brain, but always get killed up top. I get the queens at 1 & 2, then try for the brain and try for the queen at 3, but uaually get killed at 4. Any words of wisdom?

10-25-2003 at 06:27 AM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1721
I would strongly suggest going down first after killing all the waiting bugs. That's how I always do it.

10-25-2003 at 07:34 AM
Scott
Rank Points: 578
I think its equally hard going up or down. I always went down before but decided to replay the room and go up to the brain first. I don't think its any harder doing it that way.

Hint
Click here to view the secret text

10-25-2003 at 07:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
I've actually always done the bottom first, without killing the goblin or the roaches that come from the top beforehand. Guess I should make that a challenge, huh?

10-26-2003 at 06:35 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
jjohn7418
Well, thanks for everyone's help. I went down first and took my time, but I finally finished that room. I counted and plotted each step. Now I'm on to room once south, once west. Thanks again, Jim :)

10-26-2003 at 01:12 PM
Get Help for a Room Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Hints and Solutions : Level 21 2S
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com