Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Bluff me, offical poll, 3rd place tiebreaker. (A multiple question poll)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Which one should come in third place?
Tastiest Part of the Rabbit! PollPollPoll 12 66.67%
Light, which is faster that light! PollPollPoll 6 33.33%

Sick of polls yet?
... I don't want to talk about it. PollPollPoll 3 16.67%
Hell yes. PollPollPoll 2 11.11%
meh PollPollPoll 3 16.67%
I don't mind PollPollPoll 1 5.56%
I LOVE POLLS, MORE POLLZ PLZ! PollPollPoll 9 50.00%
Total Votes 19 100%
Poster Message
NiroZ
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1302
IP: Logged
icon Bluff me, offical poll, 3rd place tiebreaker. (0)  
Ok, which one should come third, that's all I ask.
05-02-2007 at 08:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: Bluff me, offical poll, 3rd place tiebreaker. (0)  
[annoyedguy]
I'm annoyed about the poll. I hope I don't sound egoistic now, but after the first poll I was 3rd (using the usual tie-breaker rules of needing more 10s/9s/... than the other enty). Now I'm fourth, while the actual 5th placed won the contest. That is so fair, especially because there wasn't a rule about "final polls" and stuff.
[/annoyedguy]

We'll, it's all right. That was a fun contest. ;)

05-02-2007 at 03:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
noma
Rank Points: 1594
Well I voted for you Meck Meck. Even though I still can't verify the claim, you were right that it had been reported (Nature article in '00), and it's more interesting than chocolate bunny ears (though not nearly as tasty.) Also Bunny Ears didn't fool near as many people: too easy to check.
05-02-2007 at 06:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
[annoyedguy]
I'm annoyed about the poll. I hope I don't sound egoistic now, but after the first poll I was 3rd (using the usual tie-breaker rules of needing more 10s/9s/... than the other enty). Now I'm fourth, while the actual 5th placed won the contest. That is so fair, especially because there wasn't a rule about "final polls" and stuff.
[/annoyedguy]

To be honest, I was more than a little surprised myself--I stopped tracking the numbers especially carefully, and actually thought the previous followup poll was for second place, not for first. I yield to NiroZ's authority, of course, but I'll say that if the judges feel they need to reverse any decisions and give first place to someone other than me, I'm fine with that. I've won a few contests already, and really, all the prize I need was Eytan saying that he almost believed my bluff. :-)
05-02-2007 at 10:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
MeckMeck GRE wrote:
[annoyedguy]
[/annoyedguy]

We'll, it's all right. That was a fun contest. ;)
Well I can't check the statistics behind the polls, but I know at least one person only voted in one poll and not the other, which means it's not really a fair poll. Seeing how different the votes were in the final round, I think I made the right decision. Of course, there's other explanations for the way things turned out, but I have no real way of knowing which one it is.

I'm annoyed at the ties as well though. Not a whole lot I can do about it though.
05-02-2007 at 11:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Remember the Grand Audition 2? Now THAT had a lot of polls! :lol

12 to be exact.
05-02-2007 at 11:46 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Contests : Bluff me, offical poll, 3rd place tiebreaker. (A multiple question poll)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com