Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : System Requirements for DROD?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
krammer
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 904
IP: Logged
icon System Requirements for DROD? (0)  
Anybody know what these are? I can\'t seem to find them in the help file and would like to know. I am assuming Windows 95 or higher but do not know the necessary processor speed or RAM.

It might also be a good idea to include this in the next release within the help file in case anyone else is interested. Or post them on drod.net.

"Oook!"
03-17-2003 at 09:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: System Requirements for DROD? (0)  
This might be a good place to figure this out. I am wondering what people\'s experiences have been running on slower machines. Like maybe a P90 with 32mb of RAM. I\'m running Windows 2000 with 256mb ram on a 333mhz processor. Probably most of you guys have got better boxes than that.

O/S requirement is Windows 95 or a later version of Windows. There are some problems that show up on Windows XP, but it still works.

-Erik

03-17-2003 at 10:18 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
krammer
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 904
Thanks Erik. I know it runs OK on my 233mhz, 128mb RAM Windows 98 machine, although the repeat rate is a bit slow - slower than it was for Webfoot. I guess that DROD becomes fairly slow below this.

Of course I may be completely wrong. I often am. :D

"Oook!"
03-18-2003 at 08:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: Re: System Requirements for DROD? (0)  
krammer wrote:
Thanks Erik. I know it runs OK on my 233mhz, 128mb RAM Windows 98 machine, although the repeat rate is a bit slow - slower than it was for Webfoot. I guess that DROD becomes fairly slow below this.

Of course I may be completely wrong. I often am. :D
Is the repeat rate much better when you play fullscreen? I find that I have a horribly slow repeat rate when I\'m running in windowed mode, but it is plenty fast in fullscreen. Also, when I was running Windows NT instead of Windows 2000, the repeat rate in windowed mode was really fast. Same hardware, different O/S.

It irritates me that the Webfoot version runs faster. We worked a lot on the refresh rate and tried to draw as little as possible on each repeat.

-Erik

03-18-2003 at 09:37 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sokko
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 336
Problems with XP? I have XP, and DROD has worked fine for me since I got it (in windowed mode though, I don\'t go fullscreen unless I\'m playing something immersing like Counter-Strike).

03-18-2003 at 11:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: Re: System Requirements for DROD? (0)  
Sokko wrote:
Problems with XP? I have XP, and DROD has worked fine for me since I got it (in windowed mode though, I don\'t go fullscreen unless I\'m playing something immersing like Counter-Strike).
You hit the problem by changing from windowed to fullscreen. Don\'t know too much about it right now.

-Erik

03-18-2003 at 11:11 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : System Requirements for DROD?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com