Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Journey to Giph hold (THIS IS MY WORST HOLD EVAR!!!!!!!)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Anson
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 67
IP: Logged

File: Journey to Giph hold 1.hold (15.1 KB)
Downloaded 49 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Journey to Giph hold (0)  
Ok, i have'nt been here for a month or 2 but this is my worst hold EVAR.

Please, I admire Guthix, I solve problems, I fix rules too. I used to be a Scoundril, Complaining about the forums, But now i changed.
Click here to view the secret text

04-29-2007 at 03:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Journey to Giph hold (0)  
Then... uh... why post it? Or did you forget to say something like "has potential, help develop"?

04-29-2007 at 03:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Anson
Jatopian wrote:
Then... uh... why post it? Or did you forget to say something like "has potential, help develop"?
Well i dont know, Maybe i just want to see how you guys felll about the hold

Please, I admire Guthix, I solve problems, I fix rules too. I used to be a Scoundril, Complaining about the forums, But now i changed.

04-29-2007 at 03:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jeff_Ray...
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 962
Weren't you sort of inspired by Ripen's hold? Still, that hold isn't bad. And I'm glad you moved on to TCB.

Whatever. I hope your hold gets famous and well-known!

Currently playing:

My Holds:
-Completed:

-Work in Progress:

04-29-2007 at 04:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Anson
There'll be part 2 and it will be funny lol

04-29-2007 at 04:53 AM
Stuwy
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 212
icon Re: Journey to Giph hold (+1)  
I don't get your psychology behind the fact that you intend to make a hold emphasizing not puzzle-potential, but rather lack of puzzle-potential. But you seem very enthusiastic about releasing garbage holds, so I'm not going to talk your way out of it, I'm not going to just sit here and criticize you with this text I'm typing; but I'll give you some ideas to make your garbage hold turn into... umm compost holds!

- Architecture is a form a art. Did you know you can take a sample of a painting (like Davinci's Mona Lisa) and architecture to combine those two into a mega dungeon that looks like the Mona Lisa? (check some of ClaytonW holds for examples, they look fabulous!)

- If you don't like making faces out of millions upon millions of bricks, TCB has expanded its itinerary of obstacles. Ever wondered what Beethro would be doing if he was walking around in Venice? Try creating impressive scenery with the level editor.

- Ever wanted to be a director of Hollywood movies? TCB has an awesome feature which allows you to make short films. Try making a Kung-Fu movie that features Chuck Norris owning the Slayer, or giving a nefarious goblin a round-house kick to the face. You can even import a character graphic that looks like Chuck Norris to enhance our viewing pleasures!

- With the use of an impressive scripting engine, there are endless way's to spruce up your hold with some dungeon elements not even 1st Archivist can whip up in his vat recipe.

Well that's all I can think of right now this morning. The point is though, nobody is going to download your hold or even attempt to look at this thread if you write stuff like "check this hold out, it sucks". People come here to get the most out of DROD and check out new rooms that people have literally put hours into. Even I have made holds not particularly the best out there, but still, they take alot of time and dedication to get done.

[Last edited by Stuwy at 04-30-2007 06:15 AM]
04-29-2007 at 06:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Journey to Giph hold (THIS IS MY WORST HOLD EVAR!!!!!!!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com