Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : New Forum
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5383
IP: Logged
icon New Forum (0)  
We're up and running at the new server!

As the announcement says, there are definitely still bugs left in the forum, but there shouldn't be any show-stoppers. If you find a problem, I may know about it, I may not - so let me know if you find something.

10-09-2003 at 07:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Schik
icon Re: New Forum (0)  
I'll start with a couple things I know are wrong:

- If you've uploaded an avatar, it might look squished. That will be automagically fixed when the domain name is transferred.

- The view profile page doesn't show all the new stuff (or some of the old stuff even). And if you add your birthday to your profile, it's not set correctly when you re-edit the profile.

10-09-2003 at 07:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Wow! Much faster! And my avatar isn't squished, it looks like. So many new toys to play with!

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-09-2003 at 07:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Boy, that yellow is sure hard to see.

10-09-2003 at 07:17 PM
Oneiromancer
Click here to view the secret text

Just testing.

Edit: well, looks like we can't use secret tags with colored text. Not too surprising, actually.

Click here to view the secret text

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 10-09-2003 at 07:20 PM GMT]

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-09-2003 at 07:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
Whoa! This is a neat new toy!

Problem I found almost immediately: We now need to log in every time we come, even if we have our status as saved.

10-09-2003 at 07:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
It logs me in every time fine...just not the first time I came to the forum after it moved.

Apparently Mike is 87 today!

Edit: never mind, he changed it...:(

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 10-09-2003 at 07:34 PM GMT]

10-09-2003 at 07:33 PM
Schik
Yeah, that's understandable that it didn't log you in the first time.

10-09-2003 at 07:35 PM
Schik
Oh, and about birthdays - they're obviously completely optional, but if you do enter yours, you don't have to specify a year - then when it's your birthday, it will simply omit the age.

10-09-2003 at 07:37 PM
Schik
zex20913 wrote:
Whoa! This is a neat new toy!

Problem I found almost immediately: We now need to log in every time we come, even if we have our status as saved.
I don't have that problem, and apparently neither does Onei. I would guess that it would clear up for you when the domain name transfers. What browser are you using?

10-09-2003 at 07:39 PM
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Woohoo!

Now we can all shout really loud at each other. Or even get angry.

And previous messages show up under previewing too! Wowee. What fun.

Just one minor error - the devil emoticon doesn't show up.

"Oook!"
10-09-2003 at 07:41 PM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
In case anyone else feels like playing:

Finally the FAQ is up - it's actually been up here fow a few weeks, but we haven't told anyone.

Hmm... what else?

I'm frantically getting DROD.Net ready to switch over, so you can the tweakings and so on here:

[url http://www.caravelgames.com, which will become the DROD.net you all know and love.

Also, there's a bug in the URL pop-up code, Schik. Highlight a URL, click the button and don't put anything in the first prompt and it won't do the URL. Too busy HTML coding to check if anything else does this, but I'll get back on it.

Matt

10-09-2003 at 07:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Mattcrampy wrote:
Also, there's a bug in the URL pop-up code, Schik. Highlight a URL, click the button and don't put anything in the first prompt and it won't do the URL. Too busy HTML coding to check if anything else does this, but I'll get back on it.
I'm not sure I get it. First off, what browser are you using?

10-09-2003 at 07:55 PM
Schik
krammer wrote:
Just one minor error - the devil emoticon doesn't show up.
That lazy punk. Get over here!!! :devil

That's better. You just need to be stern with him.

10-09-2003 at 07:59 PM
Oneiromancer
Mattcrampy wrote:
Finally the FAQ is up - it's actually been up here fow a few weeks, but we haven't told anyone.

Found an error--you need to update the FAQ about Polls. You can have lots and lots of options now, although it only starts with (I think) 3.

Game on,

10-09-2003 at 08:18 PM
Mattcrampy
Schik wrote:

I'm not sure I get it. First off, what browser are you using?

Firebird. Let me try it again.

Yep, there's something going on if you leave the text blank on the first prompt. It doesn't seem to put the URL tags around when you do that. Ten bucks says they decide to show up in the text.

Also, DROD.net redirects properly. I've noticed the forum snaps right here. Good work, that man.

Matt

10-09-2003 at 08:24 PM
Schik
testing http://www.drod.net

For this, I did what you explained. There are no url tags around it, but it should still be interpreted as a link.

10-09-2003 at 08:27 PM
Oneiromancer
If you use the URL button when posting a message (the button with the Earth and a chain link) then it doesn't interpret the command correctly and instead keeps some brackets and [url] tags. Try that instead.

Game on,

10-09-2003 at 08:46 PM
Mattcrampy
Actually, I've noticed something.

You can just type a URL and it'll be parsed automatically. I think this is the confusion that's coming up. URL tags are only required when you want to make a link say something different.

Matt (who edited the newspost three times before he worked that out)

10-09-2003 at 09:06 PM
krammer
Ouch. The News page on the main drod.net site gives you a lovely 404 error. A little nasty, especially as the first page will tell you to check out the news if you don't finish reading it.

"Oook!"
10-09-2003 at 09:10 PM
zex20913
Rank Points: 1723
It is now logging me in fine, but the first few times I came I had to re-login even after going to the profile and making sure my status was saved. I'm using Internet Explorer I believe.

10-09-2003 at 09:21 PM
Schik
krammer wrote:
Ouch. The News page on the main drod.net site gives you a lovely 404 error. A little nasty, especially as the first page will tell you to check out the news if you don't finish reading it.
Fixed, thanks.

10-09-2003 at 09:24 PM
Mattcrampy
You used the button, didn't you?

Because of the way the software's set up, things like this happen sometimes. I noticed about about a minute ago, and it should be fixed pretty much as soon as you read this message, else I'm going to be really pissed.

Thankfully, it seems my WIP on the downloads isn't showing up. I'd prefer a completed screen to a pointless one, if'n ye don't mind.

Matt

10-09-2003 at 09:42 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5058
Oneiromancer wrote:
Apparently Mike is 87 today!
Yeah, I was interested what it was like being born during the war...

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-09-2003 at 09:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
No offense, mike, but according you your picture... I really thought you were in your 80s. ;-)
10-09-2003 at 10:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Schik wrote:
- If you've uploaded an avatar, it might look squished. That will be automagically fixed when the domain name is transferred.
Okay, this was easy to fix, and people were obviously missing that I said this, so.... it's fixed.

10-09-2003 at 11:25 PM
krammer
The Anything forum is inaccessible. I just get a big blue box and an error message saying a MessageID could not be found.

"Oook!"
10-10-2003 at 05:26 PM
Schik
Does it say which message? I'm trying to hunt down this bug. It seems to have been caused by a database corruption.

10-10-2003 at 05:28 PM
krammer
Sure. It says:

ERROR:
Message ID not found.9893

That's all.

"Oook!"
10-10-2003 at 05:31 PM
Schik
krammer wrote:
Sure. It says:

ERROR:
Message ID not found.9893
Ahh.. that message doesn't exist! Hmm. That must have been the one that killed the database. Try refreshing, and see if it's better now.

10-10-2003 at 05:35 PM
Page 1 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : New Forum
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com