Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : TUNAS
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
IP: Logged
icon TUNAS (0)  
Erik and/or Mike,

A while ago (when Erik was in Utah), I talked to you guys about helping with the graphics for TUNAS. I know that there was no decision made at that time, but I am interested in helping with the graphics for the game (if you need it) or any other help that you would need.
10-07-2003 at 11:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: TUNAS (0)  
bradwall wrote:
Erik and/or Mike,

A while ago (when Erik was in Utah), I talked to you guys about helping with the graphics for TUNAS. I know that there was no decision made at that time, but I am interested in helping with the graphics for the game (if you need it) or any other help that you would need.
I don't know if TUNAS is going to get anywhere. That's up to Butch Istook, but he has been busy with other things for a while.

As far as art goes, the best thing to do is put together some kind of portfolio that shows what you can do, put it up on the web, and let me know about it. We are going to be picky with what we use on the commercial releases, so it is not just a question of whether we'd enjoy working with you. Of course we would!

-Erik

10-07-2003 at 11:51 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
These are just 3D rendered images, but I can easily make these types of things into sprites. I would, of course, create items that would go with the game (like mosters, or other things, then turn them into sprites... if sprites is how it is going to be done. This is all that I have on the web right now (as far as graphics go).

http://www.now3d.it/Users%20Galleries/Users/Brad%20Wall/Brad%20Wall.htm

10-08-2003 at 12:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Yeah, I'm gonna need Butch's participation to get this thing off the ground. I've taken up a kind of pledge system for TUNAS, at least until it gets further along -- for each hour someone wants to spend on it, then I'll match it. And I think he's put in maybe a day's work on it since DRODCON '03, so it's not moving at all.

We have a lot of the back end stuff in place, but we still have to code up some new UI infrastructure that we don't have yet, and that's probably the biggest obstacle to getting an alpha started. So it's coding, not artwork, that's holding TUNAS up at the moment. If you're interested in working on code (and have serious time to put into it...which is always the catch), then that would be great! I do believe in this project, and think it would be a blend between the DROD and ToS styles that could work really well.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-08-2003 at 04:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
What language is it going to be in? Are you using MFC?
10-08-2003 at 04:54 PM
mrimer
It'll be in C++, working off of a good portion of the DROD code so we don't have to reinvent the wheel.

10-08-2003 at 06:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
Do you guys use visual studio?

10-08-2003 at 07:15 PM
Sokko
Rank Points: 336
I have another one-line question: What the heck is this thing? :D

10-08-2003 at 09:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: Re: TUNAS (0)  
bradwall wrote:
Yeah, I use VC6. But you can also work with VS.Net and GCC.

-Erik

10-08-2003 at 10:20 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: Re: TUNAS (0)  
Sokko wrote:
I have another one-line question: What the heck is this thing? :D
TUNAS is another game project that a friend of Mike's was working on. It's something like Tower of the Sorceror or Legend of Zelda, but really this is too early to say much about the game. Butch and Mike finished planning it, and started writing a bit of code, with reuse from DROD. But I think Butch lost his momentum. (Not holding it against him.)

-Erik

10-08-2003 at 10:24 PM
bradwall
icon Re: Re: Re: TUNAS (0)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
bradwall wrote:
Yeah, I use VC6. But you can also work with VS.Net and GCC.

-Erik

I have both Visual Studio 6 and Visual Studio.NET.

FYI!
10-08-2003 at 10:52 PM
mrimer
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: TUNAS (0)  
bradwall wrote:
I have both Visual Studio 6 and Visual Studio.NET.
What? You have all 10 of them?! :D That's great, then! You're all set to do great things!

10-09-2003 at 05:10 AM
bradwall
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TUNAS (0)  
mrimer wrote:
What? You have all 10 of them?! :D That's great, then! You're all set to do great things!

Was that sarcasm?
10-09-2003 at 03:29 PM
mrimer
No, I was just referring to your sig quote. I like it too. It's good to be doing great things together. If you need help setting things up to get DROD compiling on your computer (the first step to working on another DROD-like project), I'm happy to help.

10-09-2003 at 03:45 PM
shurcooL
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 40
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TUNAS (0)  
bradwall wrote:
mrimer wrote:

Was that sarcasm?

haha, clever joke mrimer! :D

funny how you don't get a joke about something that's in your own signature! ;) tsk tsk tsk. :P

10-12-2003 at 01:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bradwall
And it turned out that I was being sarcastic. Thanks for noticing the great sig. I find that not many people pick up on it.
10-13-2003 at 03:35 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : TUNAS
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com